Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 180935 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »
Tennessee v. Garner

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2015, 11:18:17 PM »
Tennessee v. Garner
commonly called the fleeing felon rule, but it isn't clear if this was a felony per Ohio statute
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »
Dammit!!!  Pay cops a decent salary so we don't have to hire one bullet Barnies who have misfiring synaptic nerons.  He killed that guy for no good reason.  Even a patrolman from Renoland would not do this.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2015, 08:23:06 AM »
Tennessee v. Garner
commonly called the fleeing felon rule, but it isn't clear if this was a felony per Ohio statute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that, under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless "the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

Also, I'm betting that failing to display a front license plate is not considered a felony in Ohio.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »
Dammit!!!  Pay cops a decent salary so we don't have to hire one bullet Barnies who have misfiring synaptic nerons.  He killed that guy for no good reason.  Even a patrolman from Renoland would not do this.

:thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2015, 09:03:14 AM »
ok, thanks for answering. are you in favor requiring body cameras for all officers?
yes and any direct tampering is a crime and loss of job/benefits

:thumbs:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »
Tennessee v. Garner

i think it's pretty clear that it wasn't.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »
gay people you're next  :jblein:

http://www.newnownext.com/gay-man-pulled-from-home-beaten-by-nypd-officers-yelling-man of taste and distinction-in-horrifying-video/07/2015/

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2015, 06:57:40 PM »
Cops.....the biggest gang in our nation.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »
Tennessee v. Garner

so dragging a cop with your car isn't using it (the car) as a weapon?  these are the hard questions that need to be answered.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
What video are you watching?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »
The guy starts the car. The cop leverages himself in a manner to keep himself in front of the window while he draws his gun and executes the driver. Simple as that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »
For how long has that cop wanted to shoot someone?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
The guy starts the car. The cop leverages himself in a manner to keep himself in front of the window while he draws his gun and executes the driver. Simple as that.
The cop didn't seem to be leveraging crap.  It looked like he planned to unbuckle the seat belt himself.  How stupid can you get(the cop, not SDK).  That alone should be proof the cop didn't feel threatened.

Also, the union saying he should be reinstated should make the members of that union revolt.   I certainly wouldn't want someone like that in a pro org I belonged to.  the union really needs to understand when to step back and not associate.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2015, 08:48:24 PM »
in front of the window....on the side of the car?

keep in mind he was moving to arrest the guy, who was totally at fault for escalating the interaction attempting to flee. I mean people need to step back and examine all the facts and who is escalating the conflict and take a hard look at the timing of things.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2015, 10:02:04 PM »
I'm generally on the side of the law, but in this case I do believe it wasn't justified to pull his weapon. He was going to leave the scene, but the cop had no reason to believe the guy was a threat to anyone, and he had no reason to believe his life was in danger. No weapon and was never threatened or physically attacked. He needed to get back in his car and follow the suspect.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2015, 10:25:35 PM »

keep in mind he was moving to arrest the guy, who was totally at fault for escalating the interaction attempting to flee. I mean people need to step back and examine all the facts and who is escalating the conflict and take a hard look at the timing of things.
You don't get to jump into a moving car and kill a guy in self defense. Sorry.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2015, 11:00:59 AM »
Tennessee v. Garner

so dragging a cop with your car isn't using it (the car) as a weapon?  these are the hard questions that need to be answered.

there's a difference between dragging and a dumbass trying to hold on to a moving vehicle.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »
The second tape from the other officers body cam has a minute long convo between the two where the shooter keeps telling the other cop he was being dragged and thought he was going get run over and the other cop kept saying "I know I saw that are you ok?". Really eerie like they were acting for the camera to somehow justify what had just occured.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »
I saw that tape ww,it was really poor acting,their department needs to hire a new acting coach.Also i would think it would be hard to pull your gun and reach up through the window for a head shot while being dragged.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2015, 03:11:45 PM »

Did you watch the video without audio or something? The cop couldn't have been a bigger dick.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »
The guy tried to "flee" because he could tell he was in a dangerous situation. Which he obviously was. It's real easy to say just be calm and follow orders, (which the guy did for quite a while) but when cops are blasting black men left and right you can see why a black man getting stopped for, well, anything, could fear for his life.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2015, 12:53:48 AM »
Are cops reeeaaaally blasting black men left and right? I found this link. http://killedbypolice.net/

Then I clicked through 10 random links inside this page. 7 of them were without question justified, the other 3 were where a guy got in a car accident with a police car, some guy on drugs who died in custody, and another guy on drugs who jumped out of an ambulance (lol).

Media is still using this link to push their cops kill black people narrative. If anything this link shows police face a ton of crap (other times they get into crap wasn't included if nobody died). So why push them when they're already on an edge?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
The guy tried to "flee" because he could tell he was in a dangerous situation. Which he obviously was. It's real easy to say just be calm and follow orders, (which the guy did for quite a while) but when cops are blasting black men left and right you can see why a black man getting stopped for, well, anything, could fear for his life.

He wasn't "fleeing", he tried to stay in his car because he was confused why the cop wanted to forcefully remove him from the car for a missing front license plate. When the guy put his hand on the door to stop from being yanked out of the car and tried to ask the cop why he needed to get out of the car for such a small violation, the cop pulled his gun and executed him. The reason the car moved was because the guy was DEAD and his foot pressed down on the gas from being DEAD.