Author Topic: Will the Big 12 Issue a Statement  (Read 9403 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Will the Big 12 Issue a Statement
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »
it's a bigger issue than the last play of the game.  big 12 refs suck ass and their shittyness was on display last night for the entire game.

we got like 3 calls in a row sometime in the mid-2nd half.  then they called 3-4 make up calls for ku to shut the crowd up.  it was so evident and stupid. 

reffing a game isn't easy and should be left to professionals, which these applefuckers certainly were not

Wade's last foul on Lucas was a great example of this.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2017, 03:54:52 PM »
DJamer had no idea he had 5 fouls when that last call was made. I was shocked -- tend to blame that on coaching.

Boog and Fran kept saying the refs were "getting control" of the game when they went on their asinine foul calling spree in the 2nd half. I didn't think the game ever really got out of control.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2017, 03:57:15 PM »
DJamer had no idea he had 5 fouls when that last call was made. I was shocked -- tend to blame that on coaching.

What the hell are you talking about, that isn't true at all?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »
Jesus Clevey! :facepalm:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2017, 04:04:18 PM »
it's a bigger issue than the last play of the game.  big 12 refs suck ass and their shittyness was on display last night for the entire game.

we got like 3 calls in a row sometime in the mid-2nd half.  then they called 3-4 make up calls for ku to shut the crowd up.  it was so evident and stupid. 

reffing a game isn't easy and should be left to professionals, which these applefuckers certainly were not

Dead on, they were in over their heads. People get on Higgins but he has one of the best crews in the country, the moment is never too big for them. They were in Lubbock last night.

What make Higgins great sometime also makes him falter. He won't get bullied. I think the officials had two stretches last night were the wilted about and had streaks of bad calls.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2017, 04:22:11 PM »

Someone go back and look. Fairly certain he was standing in the paint as guys were lining up for free throw and mouthed "I've got 5?!?!" with a surprised look on his face.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »

I was in the car stuck listening to the KU broadcast (satellite radio) during the shot-clock violation/foul on KU review and Gurley actually said, "They better give the ball to KU or this place is going to explode."  They really believe they are that entitled to officials' calls.

Side note: New play by play guy is meh. Gurley is awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2017, 06:51:31 PM »

Someone go back and look. Fairly certain he was standing in the paint as guys were lining up for free throw and mouthed "I've got 5?!?!" with a surprised look on his face.

That wasn't shock that he had 5 fouls.  That was shock that they fouled him out for playing defense.  He knew what number he was on that is why he immediately dropped to that squat praying position and started laughing at the absurdity of the call.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2017, 07:03:48 PM »

He did. But I think it was more of an act than genuine unawareness.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2017, 07:05:56 PM »
If you really think DJamer didn't know how many fouls he had, I'm not sure what to think...

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »

He did. But I think it was more of an act than genuine unawareness.

It was a high stress/anxiety moment in my life, must've misread the situation after pounding on the floor in front of me.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2017, 09:13:30 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know. He was definitely trying to stay on the court like he didn't know and looked genuinely surprised when told he had 5 and clearly said "I've got five??!??!?".

Regardless, it isn't a big deal. He wasn't playing overly aggressive or anything.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2017, 10:54:42 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know. He was definitely trying to stay on the court like he didn't know and looked genuinely surprised when told he had 5 and clearly said "I've got five??!??!?".

Regardless, it isn't a big deal. He wasn't playing overly aggressive or anything.

The 4-foul player ALWAYS feigns ignorance at getting the 5th. It has never worked, and I have played at various non-distinctive levels for 27 years. But I would try it again tomorrow.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2017, 10:56:49 PM »

The 4-foul player ALWAYS feigns ignorance at getting the 5th. It has never worked, and I have played at various non-distinctive levels for 27 years. But I would try it again tomorrow.
Yeah this wasn't the first time I saw a player foul out and it was definitely different from any other time I've seen a player act surprised when they picked up their fifth.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2017, 03:03:32 AM »

He did.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2017, 07:28:09 AM »
Once again you can bitch about the defense at the end, but. 

If SviMongoloid shuffles his feet a little, if he takes an extra step in traffic, if he pushes off, we bitch and moan a little and move on.  But the dude ran down the middle of the court like a rough ridin' 4 year old playing their first midget league bball game on 6 foot goals. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2017, 08:15:50 AM »

I remember watching a KU player keep playing after getting his 5th foul in Ames.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »

Yeah this wasn't the first time I saw a player foul out and it was definitely different from any other time I've seen a player act surprised when they picked up their fifth.

I agree with cRustycat, I also don't think it really matters.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
Once again you can bitch about the defense at the end, but. 

If SviMongoloid shuffles his feet a little, if he takes an extra step in traffic, if he pushes off, we bitch and moan a little and move on.  But the dude ran down the middle of the court like a rough ridin' 4 year old playing their first midget league bball game on 6 foot goals.

I was very reminiscent of lil' 'cats slam jam.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2017, 08:59:04 AM »
If you really think DJamer didn't know how many fouls he had, I'm not sure what to think...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »
The great thing about bball in 2017, is all you have to do is look up at the scoreboard and "BAM!!!"---It shows how many fouls you have. Dude sat most of the 1st half. He knew. His defense was pretty passive aggressive too in the 2nd half until he knew he had a clean look at a block. He was playing dumb if he really asked. Either way, that doesn't fall on the coach if he blacked out and forgot.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 09:39:15 AM »

I agree with cRustycat, I also don't think it really matters.
We agree on two things! :cheers:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2017, 10:08:45 AM »
Guys, he rough ridin' knew he fouled out. He had just sat on the bench for 20 minutes with 4.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »
Guys, he rough ridin' knew he fouled out. He had just sat on the bench for 20 minutes with 4.

my God

i mean, really?  the question he had was who the foul was called on, not how many fouls he had.  how much paste did you kids actually eat as children?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2017, 11:37:53 AM »
This is a legit controversy. I'd really like to see a frame by frame breakdown of the game tape.