Author Topic: Cause a war over hacking.  (Read 26465 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cause a war over hacking.
« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2017, 05:19:59 AM »
Hey you guys remember that debate where Romney said Russia was our #1 geopolitical rival and Obama was all like "the 1980s called and wants its foreign policy back" and the media was all like "ZOMG Obama totally pnwed him I love love love Obama so much!"

Fun times.
Because its been reported this was a high level hacking effort, not just tossing out bank lines and catching idiots.
I hope the fishing/phishing lingo wasn't lost on anyone.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2017, 06:52:46 AM »
SDK is kind of a jerk.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2017, 07:06:00 AM »
Whether Sen. John McCain and Democrats on the Senate Armed Services Committee intended for Thursday’s Russian hack hearings to be used to undermine the U.S. presidential election, one thing is for sure: The hearings WILL be used to undermine the election — precisely as the Russians wanted.

This, according to top U.S. intelligence officials who say they are certain Russians hacked into the Democratic National Committee emails on orders from the highest levels and did so in hopes of undermining our elections.

But they won’t tell us how they know. Just trust them.

OK, if true, all of this certainly should enrage every American. Russia and anybody else committing cyberwar on the United States should be punished with massive retaliatory force.

But it is worth noting two things.

First, whoever hacked into the DNC is not responsible for all the lies, corruption, political rigging and mendacity exposed by the hacked emails. Only Hillary Clinton and her cabal of apparatchiks in the Democratic Party can be blamed for those things.

Second, it is abundantly clear that the United States has been under cyberattack by not only Russia but also China, Iran and many other enemies for years. Whatever efforts President Obama and his national security team have taken to thwart these damaging intrusions are obviously not working.

This should be a stunning black mark on Mr. Obama’s presidency.

Also, some blame for the hack must be laid at the feet of the DNC and Democratic officials such as Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta for their wanton disregard for securing their own email system.

NOTE TO MR. PODESTA: Using “P@ssw0rd” for your password is not really a password. It is more like a “welcome” sign.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2017, 07:13:47 AM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2017, 07:16:08 AM »
Don't worry, I'll never out you

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2017, 07:51:16 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »
Honestly, I think the best indicator will be how Trump responds. He got the classified briefing which supposedly has the actual evidence. He knows that if they actually have evidence, and he denies it, they'll leak it to the press. So if he continues to slam the intelligence as bullshit, that's an indicator that it is. If he clams up or tries to change the focus, they may very well some proof.

As I said, here is the best evidence the Russian gov hacked he DNC, from the Don himself, who actually saw the classified evidence (and can't really deny it without it blowing up in his face):

I had a constructive meeting and conversation with the leaders of the Intelligence Community this afternoon. I have tremendous respect for the work and service done by the men and women of this community to our great nation.

While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions, businesses and organizations including the Democrat National Committee, there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines. There were attempts to hack the Republican National Committee, but the RNC had strong hacking defenses and the hackers were unsuccessful.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2017, 08:11:59 AM »
Ok boys you can stop the slap fight now.

Serious question, Did they ever disclose the content of the email Podesta fell for?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2017, 08:21:22 AM »
If a basis of the report is content from RT, a channel virtually nobody in the u.s. watches, then the report is pretty silly.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »
Russian officials partying because the candidate they think is a world class weakling isn't getting enough discussion.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »
Serious question, Did they ever disclose the content of the email Podesta fell for?

It's amazing the level of dumbasses that still click on phishing....We do regular tests and still get like 40% of people to click.

:blindfold:

When the phishing email first arrived, Podesta referred it to a number of aides. An aide named Charles Delavan replied, “This is a legitimate email. John needs to change his password immediately.” But according to the Times report, that email was a simple flub — at least according to the aide in question. Delavan says he knew the email was a fraud, based on similar phishing attempts that had been spotted and blocked. He had meant to write “illegitimate email,” and simply mistyped. On that recommendation, the email was opened and the account was compromised

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/13/13940514/dnc-email-hack-typo-john-podesta-clinton-russia

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2017, 09:12:22 AM »
It's good to see the New McCarthyites channeling their inner General LeMay.

Oh hey, we'd win a war with Russia and nobody on our side would get killed, only Russians (and thousands of innocents).

'merica!!

The Clinton hawk wing of the Democratic Party are ghouls.  Any thoughts on Nixon/Kissinger scuttling the Paris peace talks?  Or is that all still LBJ's fault?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2017, 09:51:56 AM »
Russian officials partying because the candidate they think is a world class weakling isn't getting enough discussion.

Are you referring to Obama 2008?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2017, 09:54:20 AM »
If a basis of the report is content from RT, a channel virtually nobody in the u.s. watches, then the report is pretty silly.

Dax and the other Alex Jones acolytes love RT
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »
Are we really calling the podesta fishing email "hacking" or a "cyber attack"?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2017, 09:55:35 AM »
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/06/underwhelming-intel-report-shows-need-for-congressional-investigation-of-dnc-hack/

I agree with this for the most part. I don't trust our intelligence services at all.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2017, 10:14:02 AM »

Are you referring to Obama 2008?

You must be really old

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2017, 10:15:50 AM »
As I said, just because Russia chose your candidate as the impotent male does not make you weak and ineffective irl

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2017, 11:01:52 AM »
No way, a hacker going by the name "Gucifer" made contradictory claims? #stunned

Weak sauce, but look at the New McCarthyites lapping it all up as absolute truth.  The same people who were out protesting against government lies a few years back now suckle at the government disinformation teat.

Pathetic and sad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2017, 11:03:58 AM »
The DNC: We handle IT like pre-schoolers so now we need to start WWIII so we don't look like the total dumbasses we've always been. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2017, 11:09:18 AM »
Have you guys ever read RT?  Couple weeks before the election, they ran a story that our real unemployment rate was 41% and that there has not been any recovery. 

If you guys think that there has been no attempt to effect our elections, what is the motivation for such stories?

I mean, you realize this is half the discussion about them effecting the election, right?  When fake news is discussed, this is a big part of the discussion.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2017, 11:12:06 AM »
WL posts emails etc during election:  ProgLibs aka The New McCarthyite s - That's lies!  That's fake news!  Those emails and documents are forged!

WL - completely affirmed and legitimized now, in the post election meltdown. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2017, 11:13:39 AM »
Have you guys ever read RT?  Couple weeks before the election, they ran a story that our real unemployment rate was 41% and that there has not been any recovery. 

If you guys think that there has been no attempt to effect our elections, what is the motivation for such stories?

I mean, you realize this is half the discussion about them effecting the election, right?  When fake news is discussed, this is a big part of the discussion.

Lol, now blaming RT for the election results?  Russia rough ridin' Today?  #tears

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
It's part of it.  The reason I know of it is because it was shared a bagillion times on FB by some of the pubs I know, and with comment about how this is what libs lead to. 

It's ok to recognize propaganda as a problem.  It's ok to allow that propaganda can sway opinion.   

Also, in this glorious pit you are basically a hyperbole machine.  Input anything and output is something lacking all reason, nuance, or reality.