Author Topic: Cause a war over hacking.  (Read 26291 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Cause a war over hacking.
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »
What standards are you referring dax/FSD?

Federal IT regulations, which would have been applicable to Hillary as SOS.

The DNC is obviously different, but they clearly didn't even get IT Security 001, so, ya know.

Just asking for the title to what you are referring....A link....Anything.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2017, 12:47:36 PM »
What standards are you referring dax/FSD?

Federal IT regulations, which would have been applicable to Hillary as SOS.

The DNC is obviously different, but they clearly didn't even get IT Security 001, so, ya know.

Just asking for the title to what you are referring....A link....Anything.

I'm just relaying the words of DaxBro, a Federal Employee, who just had to sign off on his annual IT review thingy right when all the Hillary stuff started to hit.   He said he had to go through a little webinar, and then at the end they told you all the bad stuff that could happen to you if you don't adhere to the policies.   Essentially-password security, approved devices, conduct government business outside of government secured networks etc. etc. etc.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2017, 12:51:24 PM »
Once per year every dweeb at the fed has to watch an it security tutorial about fishing, not taping your password to you computer screen, not leaving your laptop in the passenger seat in your unlocked unattended car, and other common sense crap.

It's absurd to think the government needs "harsher regulations" to help prevent these types of security breaches. It's a personnel issue. Should someone seemingly so stupid that they could drown taking a sip from the drinking fountain really be employed by the Fed, let alone the baseline for appropriate regulations?

Of course this is all a sidebar from the phony "russian hacking interfered with our election" narrative that repeatedly been proven to be baseless conjecture conjured up to undermine a president who needs no assistance undermining himself.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2017, 12:53:58 PM »
Wow two non helpful answers. Well at least Trump has hacking under control. Thanks guys!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
1. The Fed has to be one of the top 5 employers in the country
2. Most fed employees make less than they could at a similar position in the private sector
3. take #1 and #2 and try to require an adequate amount of common sense as a prerequisite for being hired, let alone technological common sense. 

Figure out this issue and run for office.  Please.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »
The escalation has begun.  Thanx.Obama.  He moves special forces in Europe to Russian border.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2531054/america-special-forces-russian-border-lithuania-obama-putin/

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2017, 01:14:27 PM »
It would be best to note ITT that Russia has been moving weapons and forces to its boarders as of a week or two ago. 

I post this against my general rule of interacting with Reno, but because the title of this thread, too.

Some pubs need to figure out where they stand with russia.  Are we friends and Hill is a moron, are we weak for not stomping them in Crimea and taking Syria like a Rambo movie, or are we strong in showing forces where they have moved forces? 

I don't know exactly where you guys can land given Trump's love for Putin, the standard past Pub hatred of russia, the fact that Obama did nothing in Crimea, and now Obama is sending a show of strength, and support of neighbor countries, to russia's border. 

Quite a pickle for you guys with a team jersey on.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »
1. The Fed has to be one of the top 5 employers in the country
2. Most fed employees make less than they could at a similar position in the private sector
3. take #1 and #2 and try to require an adequate amount of common sense as a prerequisite for being hired, let alone technological common sense. 

Figure out this issue and run for office.  Please.

Fixing 1 and 2 will fix absolutely nothing if our president decides to put an idiot like Hillary Clinton in charge.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2017, 01:48:44 PM »
Has Trump released the super secret info that he has proving Russia wasn't involved yet? 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2017, 01:50:35 PM »
Chum and Dugout absolutely kept dax, fsd, and ksu going on and on with simple common sense posts. It's sad to watch. Love the life you live. Never change. Rep your city. I'm only at page 3 on TT. I'm sure it gets better.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2017, 01:55:27 PM »
Has Trump released the super secret info that he has proving Russia wasn't involved yet?

Well, he has tweeted a few times that "Russia didn't do it" or something like that.  He has also tweeted a few times mocking our intelligent agencies.  That is proof enough for many.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
The escalation has begun.  Thanx.Obama.  He moves special forces in Europe to Russian border.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2531054/america-special-forces-russian-border-lithuania-obama-putin/
Total cuck move

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »
Chum and Dugout absolutely kept dax, fsd, and ksu going on and on with simple common sense posts. It's sad to watch. Love the life you live. Never change. Rep your city. I'm only at page 3 on TT. I'm sure it gets better.

Fap material SK? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »
It would be best to note ITT that Russia has been moving weapons and forces to its boarders as of a week or two ago. 

I post this against my general rule of interacting with Reno, but because the title of this thread, too.

Some pubs need to figure out where they stand with russia.  Are we friends and Hill is a moron, are we weak for not stomping them in Crimea and taking Syria like a Rambo movie, or are we strong in showing forces where they have moved forces? 

I don't know exactly where you guys can land given Trump's love for Putin, the standard past Pub hatred of russia, the fact that Obama did nothing in Crimea, and now Obama is sending a show of strength, and support of neighbor countries, to russia's border. 

Pss . . a little while back NATO conducted it's largest war games in years just across the border from Russia.   NATO has been moving units forward for months.   ProgLibs and related war hawks want a war so bad.   Oh and remember, per the resident logic of several, only Russians will die if there is a war.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2017, 03:02:49 PM »
Dax, I love you, but where to start....

1. Nato isn't part of the US govt and Obama is the US president, not NATO president
2. Literally no one ITT has said they want to go to war
3. none of this even addresses the Trump/pub discrepancies in my post you quoted

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »

Well, he has tweeted a few times that "Russia didn't do it" or something like that.  He has also tweeted a few times mocking our intelligent agencies.  That is proof enough for many.

Well he said he would do it today so it must be coming in the evening

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2017, 09:24:22 PM »
Dax, I love you, but where to start....

1. Nato isn't part of the US govt and Obama is the US president, not NATO president
2. Literally no one ITT has said they want to go to war
3. none of this even addresses the Trump/pub discrepancies in my post you quoted

Pss...the US is THE integral part in NATO. 

Discrepancies? 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2017, 10:22:13 PM »

Pss . . a little while back NATO conducted it's largest war games in years just across the border from Russia.   NATO has been moving units forward for months.   ProgLibs and related war hawks want a war so bad.   Oh and remember, per the resident logic of several, only Russians will die if there is a war.

You look dumb when you say anyone thinks this.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2017, 03:06:18 AM »

Fap material SK?
No. The demeanor of some posters seem so opposite to me. Some come across as rough ridin' livid and angry and others seem to be just doing Neo

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2017, 07:15:01 AM »

Fap material SK?
No. The demeanor of some posters seem so opposite to me. Some come across as rough ridin' livid and angry and others seem to be just doing Neo

Nothing more Neo than the New McCarthyites.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »
Here's a good roundup of where we are currently with Obama's Rush'n Attack.

President Obama's decision to expel Russian diplomats for interfering with the U.S. election is starting to look like "Alice in Wonderland"-style justice: sentence first, verdict afterward. Even some liberals are starting to wonder if the evidence against Russia holds water.

Late last week, the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI issued a joint report that supposedly tied the Russian government into the release of hacked Democratic National Committee documents.

But it didn't provide any such evidence. Instead, it simply listed tools used to carry out the attack, and asserted that Russia must have been the ones who used them.

Then it devoted eight of the report's 13 pages to offering tips on how to prevent future cyberattacks.

The problem is that the code identified in the report is "an outdated malware developed by Ukrainians that can be downloaded online," according to the conservative news site the Daily Caller. In other words, anyone could have used it.

The story quotes WordFence CEO Mark Maunder as saying that "there is nothing in the IP data that points to Russia specifically."

Jeffrey Carr, writing for the liberal site The Intercept, also blasted the DHS/FBI report, saying that it "adds nothing to the call for evidence that the Russian government was responsible for hacking the DNC."

He goes on to say that "this entire assignment of blame against the Russian government is looking more and more like a domestic political operation run by the White House that relied heavily on questionable intelligence generated by a for-profit cybersecurity firm with a vested interest."

Liberal columnist Matt Taibbi writes that "nothing quite adds up" with the Russian hacking story and admits that, based on the little we know, it could just be "a cynical ass-covering campaign, by a Democratic Party that has seemed keen to deflect attention from its own electoral failures." Taibbi rightly complains that journalists are running with a story based on nothing more than the word of "secret assessments of intelligence agencies."

Added to these concerns is the fact that the mainstream press has been incredibly irresponsible in reporting on Russian actions during the election campaign. The Washington Post, for example, has all but retracted a bombshell story claiming that Russia conducted a sophisticated propaganda campaign to help Trump.

On Friday, the Post offered up another bombshell — that Russia had infiltrated the U.S. electricity grid using the same malware they'd used to hack into the DNC. The story generated a huge response, but it, too, turned out to be false.

A utility company in Vermont found the code on a laptop that wasn't in any way connected to the electric grid. Nor is there any evidence that Russia planted the malware on that particular laptop.

Meanwhile, WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, stated emphatically over the weekend that Russian hackers were not the source of the DNC documents that his group posted in the run-up to the election.

"We have said, repeatedly that over the last two months that our source is not the Russian government and it is not a state party," Assange told Fox News' Sean Hannity.

The bottom line is that we still don't know precisely what happened or why with the DNC hack. All we do know is that Democrats — from President Obama on down — have an obvious vested interest in blaming Russia, even if there's little actual evidence to support those accusations.

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/the-russian-election-hacking-case-is-getting-murkier/
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
I'll defer to useful idiot CNS. He seems to have a strong grasp of what's going on. lawl

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2017, 03:28:22 PM »
So you guys think Wapo is just steamrolling everyone, including the DHS and FBI, or you think that Obama is twisting the arms of the intelligence community directors to cover the butt of the Dems?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2017, 05:03:53 PM »
All of that. #lawl

It's pasted all over this thread. #lawl

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2017, 08:13:36 PM »
Early next week, the public will get its fullest information to date on the evidence the agencies have to support their contention that Mr. Putin’s government used the hacked emails to hurt Hillary Clinton’s campaign and help Mr. Trump’s. Mr. Clapper said he would “push the envelope” to include as much detail as possible in the unclassified version of the intelligence agencies’ report on the Russian operation.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/politics/taking-aim-at-trump-leaders-strongly-affirm-findings-on-russian-hacking.html