Author Topic: So immigration...  (Read 60219 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: So immigration...
« Reply #575 on: January 18, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »
ESL /= illegal,  tho.  You have to qualify for free lunch, meaning that you have to register with the govt and prove low income.  How many illegals are doing that? 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 18, 2017, 08:45:10 PM »
ESL /= illegal,  tho.  You have to qualify for free lunch, meaning that you have to register with the govt and prove low income.  How many illegals are doing that?

A ton and you're delusional if you believe otherwise. I know several teachers including family members. They all know what's going on, though they prefer the term "undocumented."

ESL does not necessarily mean illegal, and of course not all ESL students are illegal (or are children of illegals), but it is the closest comparison we can make in terms of data the government actually collects.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 18, 2017, 10:23:18 PM »

A ton and you're delusional if you believe otherwise. I know several teachers including family members. They all know what's going on, though they prefer the term "undocumented."

ESL does not necessarily mean illegal, and of course not all ESL students are illegal (or are children of illegals), but it is the closest comparison we can make in terms of data the government actually collects.

Looks like you've finally uncovered the Democrats plan.  Sounds like you and Kobach should get busy really crunching the numbers and digging in to the data to find the truth.

Kobach.

KSU-DUB.

True Detective Season 3.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 18, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »
 :rolleyes: You can do better.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #579 on: January 18, 2017, 10:44:15 PM »
According to Pew reasearch, illegal Mexicans are leaving america, so this problem should work itself out.
LOL at people who think that illegal = Mexican. You poor sheltered human being. Expired visas anyone?

Mr. Taco Trucks on every corner is the prototype of the Trump Latino enthusiast, you really want to cast your lot with THAT guy?

VERY few immigrants come to the USA thinking it's the land of handouts. Ironically, despite anti-immigrant fear-mongering, immigrants are the ones keeping the TRUE American Dream of hard work and a better tomorrow alive. It's kind of inherent in the country's DNA. If we lower in-migration to the USA, our country dies (because, you know, demographics). If you ever want to come see the American Dream alive and well, go to an immigrant enclave and you'll marvel at the entrepreneurship, hard work, and optimism.

I'll give this parody post a 73%

"The real America dream" was pretty good. The Pew research is cited itt, however  :nono:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 18, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »
Zero parody intended, zero fucks given. Buenas noches, mamón.
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 19, 2017, 08:29:18 AM »

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/united-states/quick-facts/kansas/hispanic-or-latino-population-percentage

There would be a pretty strong correlation between lunch subsidies and Mexicans if southeast Kansas weren't so poor.

Just because other people also use school lunch subsidies does not negate the strong correlation between non-English speakers (by and large first gen immigrants) and lunch subsidies. I can't believe you're even debating this. It is simply undeniable that illegal immigrants are heavily reliant on public services. That is the only point I was making and you just sound silly to argue otherwise.

So illegal immigrants are poor? I never would have guessed that.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 19, 2017, 08:36:33 AM »

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/united-states/quick-facts/kansas/hispanic-or-latino-population-percentage

There would be a pretty strong correlation between lunch subsidies and Mexicans if southeast Kansas weren't so poor.

Just because other people also use school lunch subsidies does not negate the strong correlation between non-English speakers (by and large first gen immigrants) and lunch subsidies. I can't believe you're even debating this. It is simply undeniable that illegal immigrants are heavily reliant on public services. That is the only point I was making and you just sound silly to argue otherwise.

Ok, so sounds like you've conceded the point that illegal immigrants, and particularly their children, are heavily reliant on public welfare. We're making progress. Now we can circle back to your idiotic arguments that illegal immigrants are really conservative and just trying to "live the American Dream" that kicked this all off.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 19, 2017, 08:37:27 AM »

Ok, so sounds like you've conceded the point that illegal immigrants, and particularly their children, are heavily reliant on public welfare. We're making progress. Now we can circle back to your idiotic arguments that illegal immigrants are really conservative and just trying to "live the American Dream" that kicked this all off.

Where is your argument that they are not? Are you claiming that a conservative would never take advantage of government money?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 19, 2017, 09:10:36 AM »

You realize that this would have been used as the main tool for deportation if this was the case, right?  I mean, it is basically illegals raising their hand and asking to be deported.  Why even have ICE if you can just cross check the free lunch program monthly? 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 19, 2017, 10:08:25 AM »

You realize that this would have been used as the main tool for deportation if this was the case, right?  I mean, it is basically illegals raising their hand and asking to be deported.  Why even have ICE if you can just cross check the free lunch program monthly?

You don't seem to be aware that you do not have to prove legal status to attend public school or be eligible for subsidized school meals. Might want to Google that.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 19, 2017, 10:20:53 AM »

Where is your argument that they are not? Are you claiming that a conservative would never take advantage of government money?

There's nothing wrong with playing by the rules and taking advantage of something you have a right to. For example, if you lose your job, that's what unemployment benefits are for.

The same does not apply to people who immigrate to the United States or are otherwise present here illegally. It is neither conservative, nor the American Dream, to sneak across the border for a relatively higher paying job while relying upon taxpayer money to subsidize your children. To the compound the outrage, Mexico alone receives about $25 billion a year in remittances from the United States. It's estimated that illegal immigrants in total remit about $50 billion annually. But I'm sure that money is just coming from illegal immigrants who are totally self supporting and not relying upon welfare in one form or another. :rolleyes: You can't be that delusional.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 19, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
You just said in your last post that illegal immigrants can legally get free lunch for their kids.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 19, 2017, 10:48:34 AM »
Do the Cubans who come here illegally not get free lunch for their kids? Maybe they aren't as conservative as we believe.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 19, 2017, 10:53:55 AM »
If most illegal immigrants really brought their whole families to re-settle for a better education braving coyotes, camping and navigating the great outdoors by the stars, then bootstrapping their way in to a better life working as an entrepreneur in construction that sounds precisely like the sort of Horatio Alger rugged individualism horseshit that Republicans can't stop talking about as the pathway to the middle class. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 19, 2017, 11:08:14 AM »
You just said in your last post that illegal immigrants can legally get free lunch for their kids.

They're here illegally:facepalm: I give up. This is pointless.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 19, 2017, 11:11:11 AM »
I would argue that most Latino Immigrants are conservative, especially as it relates to social issues.  They however have generally voted democrat due to Republicans largely blaming of all of societies problems on them and working diligently to limit paths to citizenship.

:th_twocents:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 19, 2017, 11:18:10 AM »
I would argue that most Latino Immigrants are conservative, especially as it relates to social issues.  They however have generally voted democrat due to Republicans largely blaming of all of societies problems on them and working diligently to limit paths to citizenship.

:th_twocents:

lots of good data out there about how religious most minority groups that vote democratic are.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 19, 2017, 11:31:48 AM »

They're here illegally:facepalm: I give up. This is pointless.

Yeah, that's what I just said.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 19, 2017, 11:44:54 AM »

You don't seem to be aware that you do not have to prove legal status to attend public school or be eligible for subsidized school meals. Might want to Google that.
That is not relevant.   What is, is that you have to apply and qualify for the lunch program, meaning you are giving a govt institution your info.  That list, if your claims are true, would be a great tool to look through for deportations.  Why is that not happening?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 19, 2017, 11:47:36 AM »
That is not relevant.   What is, is that you have to apply and qualify for the lunch program, meaning you are giving a govt institution your info.  That list, if your claims are true, would be a great tool to look through for deportations.  Why is that not happening?

We don't want to harm local economies and separate families.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 19, 2017, 11:52:02 AM »
Not recommended.  What I am getting at is if the free lunch prog was filthy with illegal immigrants, why is that not being used in that manner?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 19, 2017, 11:53:35 AM »
I think we only deport criminals. It might start getting used if Trump wants to deport everyone. He's indicated that he wants to do that, but he's also indicated that he doesn't.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:30:49 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 19, 2017, 01:45:24 PM »
(pssst... conservative business owners don't really want to deport mexican laborers here illegally it has proven to be economically disastrous to do so,  however banging the drum and rallying fear is a great way to motivate a voting block)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 19, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
Really, the only people who should be upset about illegal immigrants should be high school dropouts, and the odds of somebody who couldn't handle high school being able to handle working manual labor for more than 50 hours per week seem sort of slim to me.