Author Topic: I didn't say it but I believe it  (Read 3455 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I didn't say it but I believe it
« on: January 18, 2018, 08:08:14 AM »
I've believed it since Cartier has been starting. Mitch Holthaus was on 810 this afternoon. He said, "Look I'll tell you. This K-State team is the same caliber as the Elite 8 team. Now, no one is saying they will go to the elite 8. You need to make the tournament and you need to get some breaks.
I'm simply talking about talent from 1 through 5. I believe we have more talent one through five than the elite 8 team. They, perhaps, have a small advantage at the 1 and 2 position with Jake and Denis. Yet, Kamau, Barry and Cartier equal more depth at the guard position. Dean, however, is oh so much better than anyone the elite 8 team had. Xavier equals and is, probably, better than Dom.

It doesn't mean anything other than there is very good potential. It means fans should get excited.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't say it but I believe it
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:14:50 AM »
It's like Mitch just completely erased Curtis Kelly, Jamar Samuels, and Rodney Mcgruder from his Chiefs kingdom peanut.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:23:36 AM »
Offensively he may have a point, but this team doesn't defend and rebound nearly like that one. We are great at forcing TOs like all oscar teams on defense, but that's the only thing that is elite.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:25:15 AM »
Not even close mitch

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 08:32:33 AM »
I mean yeah mitch if we somehow improve our defense rank from 99 to 12 I would say you're onto something

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »
If true (it's not) then Mitch must agree that if oscar can't even make the tournament with better players than Frank took to the elite 8 then he should be fired as soon as the season ends.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 08:54:31 AM »
"You need to make the tournament"  gtfooh mitch

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »
For frontcourt players, this team has Wade, who may be the best of the bunch, but then no-one

Frontcourt Rankings:
  • Wade (JR)
  • Kelly (JR)
  • Sutton (JR)
  • Samuels (SO)
  • Sneed (SO)
  • Colon (SR)
  • Judge (FR)
  • Henriquez-Roberts(FR)
  • Ojeleye (SO)
  • Mawien (SO)
  • Stockard (FR)
  • Sallah (SR)
:adios:

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 09:02:03 AM »
Thanks for your opinion. Dean is twice as good as any 3, 4 or 5 that elite 8 team had. That more than makes up for the little advantage Kelly had over our 5. Kelly had a sweet short hook, but couldn't hold on to the ball. If Mawien keeps improving, and it looks as if he will, he will come close to equaling Kelly, IMHO. If Cartier keeps on his level, and improves some, then, our guards equal the play of Denis and Jake. Brown and Cartier equal better defense.

I, also, disagree about the elite 8 team having better defense. This current team, with Weber's defense, is better.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 09:02:16 AM »
Maybe hot rod didn't play for the elite 8 team because everyone is forgetting him.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »
Maybe hot rod didn't play for the elite 8 team because everyone is forgetting him.
I counted Rod as a guard, but he was a freshman playing 12 MPG

Thanks for your opinion. Dean is twice as good as any 3, 4 or 5 that elite 8 team had. That more than makes up for the little advantage Kelly had over our 5. Kelly had a sweet short hook, but couldn't hold on to the ball. If Mawien keeps improving, and it looks as if he will, he will come close to equaling Kelly, IMHO. If Cartier keeps on his level, and improves some, then, our guards equal the play of Denis and Jake. Brown and Cartier equal better defense.

I, also, disagree about the elite 8 team having better defense. This current team, with Weber's defense, is better.

Well I wasn't sure about the first paragraph, but the last sentence confirms that you are just trolling.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:23 AM »
Pretty great backtrack all the way down to saying "Wade is better than Jamar and Sneed might be better than Dom"

If he honestly thinks the talent is better than the E8 team and they are currently on the bubble, what does that say for oscar?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »
For frontcourt players, this team has Wade, who may be the best of the bunch, but then no-one

Frontcourt Rankings:
  • Wade (JR)
  • Kelly (JR)
  • Sutton (JR)
  • Samuels (SO)
  • Sneed (SO)
  • Colon (SR)
  • Judge (FR)
  • Henriquez-Roberts(FR)
  • Ojeleye (SO)
  • Mawien (SO)
  • Stockard (FR)
  • Sallah (SR)

If you are including Sneed in the front court, I wouldn't say "no one".

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 09:14:17 AM »
Do with it what you want.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 09:15:12 AM »

Well I wasn't sure about the first paragraph, but the last sentence confirms that you are just trolling.
[/quote]

All #LIFE does is C & P stupid crap from other boards on here, 8man. Jesus, come on.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 09:17:47 AM »

All #LIFE does is C & P stupid crap from other boards, 8 man. Come on, man.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 09:19:52 AM »

Frontcourt Rankings:
  • Wade (JR)
  • Kelly (JR)
  • Sutton (JR)
  • Samuels (SO)
  • Sneed (SO)
  • Colon (SR)
  • Judge (FR)
  • Henriquez-Roberts(FR)
  • Ojeleye (SO)
  • Mawien (SO)
  • Stockard (FR)
  • Sallah (SR)

If you are including Sneed in the front court, I wouldn't say "no one".

Yea, I would probably pull Sneed and Sutton out of that for a more accurate look.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 09:21:31 AM »

All #LIFE does is C & P stupid crap from other boards, 8 man. Come on, man.
I'm rusty on bball.  :(

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 09:22:30 AM »
Yes, #LIFE is pretty good at fishing.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 09:25:58 AM »
I am kind of excited about basketball for the first time since I moved away from KS (3/2014) though, so that is fun! Still hate oscar but I've learned to accept him as part of the deal. Go Cats!

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:48 AM »
Haters gonna hate

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
Merriewether. Good times.

:)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 09:57:18 AM »
I am kind of excited about basketball for the first time since I moved away from KS (3/2014) though, so that is fun! Still hate oscar but I've learned to accept him as part of the deal. Go Cats!
Samesies! :cheers:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 10:55:49 AM »
Samesies! :cheers:

I am kind of excited about basketball for the first time in a long time, so that is fun! Still hate oscar and want him fired.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »
2010 team--
Led nation in FTA and FTM.  We scored about 20 pts from the line per game.  This year team shots about 7% better but just 14 pts each game

2010 team had a good OR% about 40 and almost +6.5% differ in OR

2010 team only allowed 45.3 on 2pt%. Right now this year is at 48.3 but it's been trending towards 50%

2010 team wasn't as good on TOs.  This year's team is almost +6.0% (we are +4.0 TOs per game).  2010 was somewhere about +3.5% (+2.5 TOs per game)

2010 team not as good as shooting or scoring the ball