Author Topic: Injury Report  (Read 4739 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Injury Report
« on: January 17, 2018, 10:32:40 AM »
I just overheard Kam and a friend while walking through Hale that he hopes to be out of the boot next week, and back on the court practicing as well.
If true the foot injury seems to be a lot less severe than we have been lead to think.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Injury Report
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:33:31 AM »
Stress fractures are weird and everyone heals differently. That's good to hear though.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:35:12 AM »
Good report Greg that's the kind of scoops we need around here.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 03:26:43 PM »
Deathbite (Stokes) vs. Riphide (Cartier).  I start Diarra.  Bring more versatility to the offense.  Get tired of the chuck, miss, and no rebound offense of Stokes.  Layups have a higher completion rate.

Note.  TCUs starting guard just injured in practice and likely out for the season.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 03:28:47 PM »
Injuries seem to be happening a lot in basketball lately

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 09:41:35 PM »
So, after seeing the first game of the year where Diarra played, I called the old man and said in no uncertain terms that if this team is going anywhere, then it will be with this cat, because he's the only point guard on the team. oscar immediately starts to jerk him around, and he gets relatively insignificant minutes going forward. I couldn't rough ridin' believe it. This kid is so obviously more suited to run point than Kam that I just don't get how a D1 coach can miss it. And then, for the alternative to be forcing this team to go "big", so we put Mawein and the other dumb fucks out there to try to find their ass in an increasingly desperate rotation, man, oscar is one dumb mother rough rider. I mean, I'm glad that the basketball gods forced him to open up his gd eyes, but christ. If Kam comes back and plays point I will lose my rough ridin' mind. This team does not need a center. In fact, we should play that quartet of suck as little as is feasible. No reason we can't go Diarra, Kam, Brown, Sneed, Wade. In fact, that team could make some noise. If oscar weren't so busy picking belly button lint he would have seen that, and I have no real confidence that he's learned his lesson either.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:17:58 PM »
Just judging by his folks, I'd give the nod to Diarra. Winning runs in his jeans...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »
i get why people don't like kam: he's a chucker, not a classic pg, and is good for one inexplicably dumb play per game.
but, having rewatched the OU game: kam would be getting killed on here if he had the game diarra had last night...couple late layups don't change that...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 10:21:30 PM »
Injuries seem to be happening a lot in basketball lately
:)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 10:25:22 PM »
i get why people don't like kam: he's a chucker, not a classic pg, and is good for one inexplicably dumb play per game.
but, having rewatched the OU game: kam would be getting killed on here if he had the game diarra had last night...couple late layups don't change that...

I love Kam, he isn't scared of anything, and is really fun to watch. I really hope we don't spend the next year having 236,484,037 Kam vs. Cartier arguments.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 10:38:08 PM »
Start Kam let him fire off 2 threes, if he goes 0 for 2, he sits.  He is a dude that can win you a game when he is hot or shoot you out of one when he’s not.  I like Cartier better but that may be because he’s shooting almost 50% from 3 lately.  Kam can’t play when he is cold tho because he will NOT stop firing.
More Kam seems to mean Less Barry which is also bad for this team.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 10:51:03 PM »
Just go small. Problem solved. No 5.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »

yeah, they should both play. It's just that Cartier needs to run point. This offense is completely different with him out front. Kam is a shooting guard, pure and simple.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 11:10:03 PM »
Kam On the floor will make your team suck usually
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 11:31:42 PM »
they'd foul wade out at the five i think is the worry

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 12:22:58 AM »

When you have the 5s we have, this is a really good plan.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 04:30:26 AM »
kams a stud. i still get flashbacks of him spazzing out every time he has the ball, but it works out a lot more often this year. >40% from 3 as a chucker, and only 2 to's and 1 foul a game as a "guy who makes stupid plays".

i like that we have a death lineup like the warriors and hope we see it a lot. they should start, and stagger the rotations so that we have at least 3 of them on the court at all times. maybe it's already like this, i dont pay attention to rotations. picturing only 2 of them on the court at once is a trainwreck.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 06:54:57 AM »
The problem is Barry and Kam use up a lot of possessions that should go to dean because they aren't ball movers. I would be interested to see if that improves under Cartier with 3 guards out there but I think part of the reason that Barry has been more successful is because of the absence of Kam.  He is a good player and we should absolutely try to get him back on the floor as soon as he is able..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 06:59:07 AM »
Dean needs about half of his looks to be isos and can take 10 seconds to set up between clearing the space entering the ball and giving dean time to work, it is harder to find time and possessions with another high usage guy who is going to be a pretty high volume shooter.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 07:19:28 AM »
Damn I love HBIQ takes from KK, I miss that a lot.   

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 07:46:29 AM »
Dean needs about half of his looks to be isos and can take 10 seconds to set up between clearing the space entering the ball and giving dean time to work, it is harder to find time and possessions with another high usage guy who is going to be a pretty high volume shooter.

Good stuff KK.

Dean is shooting more now with Kam out. 2nd behind Barry in shot%.

Big 12 stats.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 08:31:07 AM »
Actually, Brown is running more of the point guard duties than Diarra.  We certainly could have used Kam in the first half agaist OU and Diarra did good in the second half.  Having Kam back and a Diarra that has played big minutes and produced will make us a better team.

One poistive is Brown having a heart to heart with Claws after Kams injury and plus Deans own resolve to step it up has made us a better team.  Now opponents have to game plan Claws and that will open up others.  Dean Wades 7 assists again OU as a case in point.  Claws pitching back out to a wide open Sneed.  (who is starting to shoot more consistently)

Now mix Stokes back in and it adds another scorer who is getting more open shots than before.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 08:45:00 AM »
Without Kam, we are really just playing 2 combo guards, which I'm fine with. Kam wasn't really a PG either, but he's developed into a decent distibutor. The real threat with Diarra is that he can get to the rim as well as Brown and finish. Kam is a jump shooter and isn't nearly as good attacking the rim. That adds a different dynamic when you guard us. The other aspect is Diarra is a bigger, more physical guard than Kam, which helps on defense. Of course, its highly unlikely Diarra continues this shooting pace either, he's been crazy good so far in Big 12 play.

Regardless, all 3 need to play when Kam is healthy and I'd like to see all 3 on the floor together 15-20 minutes per game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 09:12:04 AM »

Good stuff KK.

Dean is shooting more now with Kam out. 2nd behind Barry in shot%.

Big 12 stats.

I agree with kk on Dean needing isos. As far as Dean's usage as it relates to Cartier, I think although his shots are up now, it stands to reason that as Cartier gets more comfortable in his role that would likely mean that Dean's usage would decrease again. Cartier is a freshman with what, three started starts, pretty safe to assume he's going to shoot more unless oscar intervenes.

One thing I've noticed about Dean since he's become more aggressive is that he's also become more cognizant of the matchup he has and his willingness to exploit guards down low or pulling bigs out. He's really fun to watch now that he's turned the corner in his aggression.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 09:30:04 AM »

I love Kam, he isn't scared of anything, and is really fun to watch. I really hope we don't spend the next year having 236,484,037 Kam vs. Cartier arguments.
at least there would be something worth talking about rather than oscar sucks