Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4616202 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #31825 on: February 13, 2015, 10:17:58 PM »

Will bubba be a royal?

There is a chance

Like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

there is a 100% chance that Jim Carrey was in Dumb and Dumber  :Wha:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #31826 on: February 14, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »
Joe Blanton  :party:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31827 on: February 17, 2015, 06:53:52 AM »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31828 on: February 17, 2015, 08:14:00 AM »
holy crap mariners

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31829 on: February 17, 2015, 09:11:54 AM »
so does Wrigley not have a videoboard at all? what a crap franchise

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31830 on: February 17, 2015, 09:26:50 AM »

pretty sure they're trying to build one in right field and block the view of the roof top seats across the seat, which is pissing everyone off.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31831 on: February 17, 2015, 09:52:16 AM »

pretty sure they're trying to build one in right field and block the view of the roof top seats across the seat, which is pissing everyone off.
Yeah, they are building it. The rooftop owners that have gotten rich off of selling tickets (not in the stadium) to Cubs games are very unhappy because they'll no longer have an unobstructed view.
:adios:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31832 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »

they are building one in left and right field. from what i know, most people dont really care. just the owners of the rooftops.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31833 on: February 17, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »

they are building one in left and right field. from what i know, most people dont really care. just the owners of the rooftops.
is the roof top thing a one time only deal for the locals?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31834 on: February 17, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »
The guy who wrote that is an idiot. he says "shame on you, david glass" when we have a team record in payroll, probably around 15-20th in the country, with the worst TV contract on earth and like the 29th biggest market in MLB. Shame on David Glass for what exactly?

15-20th is below average, with a young roster coming off of a world series appearance. A better owner would spend above average to try to improve his roster and maybe win a championship. We should still be pretty good, though. I have my fingers crossed.

you need to view the ranking of payroll in comparison to market size.

Is David Glass losing money on the Royals at the current payroll?

Oh my god

:facepalm:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31835 on: February 17, 2015, 11:49:00 AM »
The guy who wrote that is an idiot. he says "shame on you, david glass" when we have a team record in payroll, probably around 15-20th in the country, with the worst TV contract on earth and like the 29th biggest market in MLB. Shame on David Glass for what exactly?

15-20th is below average, with a young roster coming off of a world series appearance. A better owner would spend above average to try to improve his roster and maybe win a championship. We should still be pretty good, though. I have my fingers crossed.

Oh my god

He's competing against owners who do lose money from time to time.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31836 on: February 17, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »

Oh my god

He's competing against owners who do lose money from time to time.

There's an Alex Gordon contract extension coming up, along with the fact that we have a talented young core that is only getting more expensive. Blaming David Glass for anything right now is incredibly lazy and misinformed.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31837 on: February 17, 2015, 03:27:20 PM »
meister is spot on.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31838 on: February 17, 2015, 09:42:38 PM »
There have been times where you could go after Glass, these are not those times.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31839 on: February 18, 2015, 12:12:10 AM »
My favorite part about the #blameglass crowd is that the next sentence out of their mouth is how much better "the cerners" would run this organization.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31840 on: February 18, 2015, 05:45:29 AM »
While I think maybe "the cerners" or the "sporting group" (lots of crossover between the two) may run it "better" nobody knows for sure but while Glass continues to invest in the payroll and allows Dayton to sign who he wants nobody should waste their time with those argument.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31841 on: February 18, 2015, 06:45:41 AM »
I was as Anti-Glass as you could be, but he's been great the past 5 years or so. Just because an owner loses money, it doesn't make him more invested in his team.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31842 on: February 18, 2015, 11:06:22 AM »
While I think maybe "the cerners" or the "sporting group" (lots of crossover between the two) may run it "better" nobody knows for sure but while Glass continues to invest in the payroll and allows Dayton to sign who he wants nobody should waste their time with those argument.

This is the way I feel. I don't know if I'd say Glass has been great for the last 5 years, but I do know if the Royals aren't successful this season it will have nothing to do with Glass, he has given the team all that it needs to be successful. Player development and evaluations or injuries are what can be found at fault.

Now if some of our young players are allowed to walk when they reach FA without a competitive offer or are traded away before they can because they won't be offered a new contract while the team payroll simultaneously remains at or below its current level, then you can question ownership.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31843 on: February 18, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »

I'm not saying they wouldn't. I'm just saying it's hilarious how small minded and intellectually lazy those people are.

"hell, Cerner has a lot of money. They'll buy it."

It's the same crowd who wants the Cerner people to save KU football.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31844 on: February 18, 2015, 11:29:51 AM »

I'm not saying they wouldn't. I'm just saying it's hilarious how small minded and intellectually lazy those people are.

While the Royals where struggled so bad it was fun to think about. Looking at the way they handled SKC (which, ironically, is looking very similar to what Glass is doing) and thinking maybe it could provide the jolt the organization needed.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31845 on: February 18, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
In fairness Meister didn't Patterson and his buds express interest in the Royals?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31846 on: February 18, 2015, 02:18:59 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31847 on: February 18, 2015, 02:40:49 PM »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31848 on: February 18, 2015, 02:44:57 PM »

While the Royals where struggled so bad it was fun to think about. Looking at the way they handled SKC (which, ironically, is looking very similar to what Glass is doing) and thinking maybe it could provide the jolt the organization needed.
some of you are too young to remember just how badly the board screwed up the organization after Mr. K died with David Glass as Chairman and it wasn't a great look when Glass ended up buying the team.  Then you add the frustrations of watch young talent leave, hiring managers on the cheap and the owner's suite filled with red when the Cardinals are in town on top of the losing and you have a recipe for a lot of bitter fans. 

For me mlb has always been a very distant 5th behind cfb, cbb, nfl and nba but all the above just makes me really respect the IRL folks and the longtime posters in itt that have stuck it out.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31849 on: February 18, 2015, 03:02:42 PM »

some of you are too young to remember just how badly the board screwed up the organization after Mr. K died with David Glass as Chairman and it wasn't a great look when Glass ended up buying the team.  Then you add the frustrations of watch young talent leave, hiring managers on the cheap and the owner's suite filled with red when the Cardinals are in town on top of the losing and you have a recipe for a lot of bitter fans. 

For me mlb has always been a very distant 5th behind cfb, cbb, nfl and nba but all the above just makes me really respect the IRL folks and the longtime posters in itt that have stuck it out.

I remember all that well and I was on the anyone but Glass train up until last year. However, at this moment he is doing everything he should for this team.