Author Topic: oscar WEBER FIRING ANNOUNCEMENT CONTEST  (Read 6859 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar WEBER FIRING ANNOUNCEMENT CONTEST
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2016, 09:52:16 AM »
Assistant coaches wI'll get the ax first.  We should not be having so much trouble with zone defenses against us.  This may all be a plan to get us to the MVC by Currie.  As long as Currie is here, oscar will be the wIzard of weiner.

Beating a zone is more of a shooting/talent issue than a offensive scheme issue. This is going to be one of the worst shooting K-State teams of all time. Right now it has the worst 3PT% and eFG% of any team since 03 and it really isn't close. The Cortez Groves teams is probably the only team that shot worse than this one, but I'll have to look that up when I have a chance. Having a nice zone offense is fine, but eventually the way most teams beat zones is hitting some shots, when you shoot <30% from 3 that is really tough.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »
We kicked our best shooters off the team

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2016, 10:48:20 AM »
Shooting aside, the zone offense is comical.  Attacking a zone properly fuels better shooting.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »
Everyone acts like this was such a horrible loss.  Did anyone really think, when the season started, that we'd split with ISU, a team loaded with seniors and veterans.  ISU was in the top-5 for a few weeks of the season.  ISU beat Iowa, who is now looking like a team to be reckoned with.  ISU has a go-to scorer, who will probably be at least, a second team All-American.  ISU has an experienced point guard who seldom turns the ball over and has a chance to play on the next level.  ISU has other athletes who fill roles and everyone on their team can shoot the ball.   Were we supposed to beat them this year?  We have three freshmen playing major minutes, and a couple of other guys who were reserves last season also playing major minutes.  I'm not making excuses, but geez, let's come back down to earth.  In a couple of years, maybe even next year, fan bases will be talking about how difficult it will be to beat K-State because of their experience.  Do people on here really understand how hard it is to beat a team with a veteran point guard, an athletic big man, and a senior, four-year starter?   In a few years, that will be us.  Lighten up on this team.  I'm not concerned about wins this year.  I'm concerned about how we compete, and how we grow.  Right now, I'm pleased with both.  This team doesn't OWE any of us anything but effort.  They don't OWE us an NCAA Tournament appearance or a certain number of wins, or a certain standing in the conference.  They just don't.

This person never would have said this without internet anonymity.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 08:56:12 AM »
i have a feeling next year's team isn't going to be bad enough to get oscar fired.

so,

3/3/18

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 09:06:11 AM »
The 17-18 team will be a tournament team tho
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »
March 2019

He's going to get 3 more seasons to do eff all because 90% of our fanbase are mouth breathers

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 09:49:16 AM »
He will get until this frosh crew are seniors.  If we don't lose him prior to that, we won't lose him at all.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 09:53:08 AM »
It's going to be awesome when Claws graduates without making the tournament and powertards say we should keep oscar because "graduating kids is what it's really about"

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 10:03:35 AM »
If he keeps this group of freshman he is going to the tourney with them Jr and Sr year. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 10:13:01 AM »
If he keeps this group of freshman he is going to the tourney with them Jr and Sr year. 

This is why he will never be fired here.

He's just not Wooly bad. oscar is a solid Xs and Os guy who recruits decently, but has a strange personality and a knack for not fully taking responsibility when things are going bad. As a result he has a tough time maintaining a program and comes across poorly in the media if you really listen to what he says. The constant blame shifting with an occasional "that's on me" is extremely annoying.

However, while he's going to consistently have some bad to very bad seasons like last year, he'll probably also make the tournament 2-3 times every 5 years. A successful run in the tournament seems unlikely, but you never know.

Anyway, he's here as long as he wants.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
I'm good with him not getting fired for making the tournament half of the time.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 10:40:00 AM »
Sounds pretty good, actually. Every year: Will this be one of those years that we make the tournament??? Maybe!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2016, 10:50:00 AM »

Only if we don't squeak in the other half of the time.  I don't want to rotate between not going and going just to get our ass kicked immediately.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »

Only if we don't squeak in the other half of the time.  I don't want to rotate between not going and going just to get our ass kicked immediately.

That is the exact definition of bruceketball

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2016, 11:06:48 AM »

and if he doesn't keep them, they were just bad kids, not his fault, etc.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »

This is basically oscar's ceiling with winning the 8-9 or 7-10 game as the big payoff for enduring everything FAN listed.

Next year should be pretty good even if Wes never develops into a 3pt threat and if we can get anything out of the Meats that are still wrapped in cellophane. 

However, my guess is they don't give us much and Hot Horndogs ends up playing 20 minutes a game.  To be fair, I expected BRIAN_ROHLEDER to have a similar role on this years team so maybe oscar finds a JC big this spring.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2016, 12:19:46 PM »
Bullnuts and xWhomper will be available as bigs next year. I'm assuming at least one will be decent. oscar has been good at getting players that seem to be better than I expected consistently.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »

and if he doesn't keep them, they were just bad kids, not his fault, etc.

and then he gets another year of "young team, these guys will come good". The oscar Cycle is in perpetual motion

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
Is it fun saying the same negative things over and over? Like how does it feel when thinking and typing them out?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2016, 01:31:52 PM »
Is it fun saying the same negative things over and over? Like how does it feel when thinking and typing them out?
Who are you referring to?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2016, 01:37:17 PM »
 :shakesfist:

It's more fun than watching the same bad basketball games over and over

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2016, 01:37:53 PM »
Who are you referring to?
Everyone that knows how the rest of oscar's tenure is going to play out. So no one, but also a lot of gE posters at the same time.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2016, 01:39:28 PM »
:shakesfist:

It's more fun than watching the same bad basketball games over and over
How's that? One is a known, one is unknown.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2016, 01:44:37 PM »

I stay more positive than most, but I try to be realistic too. I still care about following the team, the players, and the stats and I will post about them, but knowing that this is likely not a tournament team is disappointing. I don't hate oscar as much as most, but he still does and says a lot of things that annoy me as well. There have been some really fun times of following K-State basketball in the last decade or so (including while oscar is here), but the last season and a half have been filled with more bad than good.