Author Topic: what if jerry ertz is a complete badass??  (Read 148174 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: what if jimmy ertz is a complete badass??
« Reply #725 on: January 03, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
I 100% guarantee that if you take #familyfullback's carries out 2016 QB run percentage numbers would be almost identical to 2012

I could see it going to another FB type.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 03, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »
Ck7 had a pretty good fullback too but we just never gave him the ball
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 03, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »

The offense evolved. The DimelCat may have never existed without #family, but I think there's a good chance that some variant of it is here to stay.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 03, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »
the problem with him being a complete badass is that it will suck more when he's broken in game 3 of 2017.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 03, 2017, 02:37:32 PM »
the problem with him being a complete badass is that it will suck more when he's broken in game 3 of 2017.

yeah the sketti brain fear is gonna be super magnified in our minds after what happened with CK7 in 2012 and Ertz's injuries this year

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 03, 2017, 02:53:01 PM »
I 100% guarantee that if you take #familyfullback's carries out 2016 QB run percentage numbers would be almost identical to 2012

That's kind of my point. I am glad they found someone else to bash into the LOS in short yardage (2-5 yards) situations rather than the QB. At that point they obviously thought Klein was a better option than Wilson or any of our backs. I'm glad we have bigger backs and that they feel Dimel can take some of that load. I get the nepotism conspiracies, but I'm sure part of the rationale is not beating up the QB when you don't have to.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 03, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »
Also, sans #familyFB:

2016   %RUN   %TD
QB   42.8%   55.6%
RB   56.3%   42.3%
WR   0.9%   3.7%

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 03, 2017, 03:27:52 PM »
I also think the staff was kinda trying to feed Klein some TD's in 2012 to look good for the Heisman. (although the numbers don't totally reflect that)

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 03, 2017, 04:52:09 PM »

That and his Dad wasn't calling he plays either.

Damn!  He trippin' so hard fans are gonna think he done fell off!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 03, 2017, 05:53:58 PM »

That's kind of my point. I am glad they found someone else to bash into the LOS in short yardage (2-5 yards) situations rather than the QB. At that point they obviously thought Klein was a better option than Wilson or any of our backs. I'm glad we have bigger backs and that they feel Dimel can take some of that load. I get the nepotism conspiracies, but I'm sure part of the rationale is not beating up the QB when you don't have to.

I don't care about nepotism, we give the fullback the ball way too much, don't care who it is or who is calling plays. Fullbacks block, tailbacks run. That has nothing to do with what we were talking about but I felt it needed to be said.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 03, 2017, 06:22:07 PM »

I don't care about nepotism, we give the fullback the ball way too much, don't care who it is or who is calling plays. Fullbacks block, tailbacks run. That has nothing to do with what we were talking about but I felt it needed to be said.

I agree, with both. We do use Dimel way too much, at least for the goal line. However, I'm generally fine with a FB, even in the wildcat, getting a few touches a game. It does spread the load and let him get banged a bit. But it does piss me off that we use him to run almost exclusively to get TDs, especially after a RB (Silmon, Barnes) had done the yeoman's work to get that point. I like rewarding a back that pounded the rock over 4-5 carries for 30 some yards that got you into the position to score to at least be the one to have the opportunity to cash in. I feel like there were 5-10 times this season that happened. It does at that point make it look like Dimel is just feeding his son easy(ier) TDs after all the other guys did the work.

If he does wildcat, he should only be wildcating it from 4 yards or less if we do and it should be to help get first downs. It's nice to have a battering ram if you need it. There were also about 5-10 times this year his ass was running it from 4+ yards out. His is too slow to make a good enough move from that kind of yardage.

IMO Delton should be the only dude in the WC though, he's fast, can make moves, and if need be can (probably) throw the ball, at least throw it better than any of the other RBs + Dimel combined.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 04, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
First of all this thread title needs to be changed to put some  respeck on my mans name. Secondly, how has this article not been a topic of conversation here?
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article164629512.html
His comments on the perception of his and his teammates talent are perfect. I think I'm ready to anoint him my all time favorite cat.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 04, 2017, 10:14:06 AM »
copy paste please

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 04, 2017, 10:17:17 AM »
Jesse Ertz and Kansas State have won together. Now they want to win big.

All eyes will be on Ertz, a senior dual-threat quarterback, this season as the Wildcats attempt to build on their 9-4 record from a year ago. An experienced offense returns, and so does a seasoned passer. That’s typically a combination for success in Manhattan.

The last six times K-State football coach LHC Bill Snyder returned his leading passer from the previous season, the Wildcats won at least nine games, piling up 11 victories in 1998 with Michael Bishop, in 2000 with Jonathan Beasley, in 2002 and 2003 with Ell Roberson and again in 2012 with Collin Klein. In 2014, they won nine games with Jake Waters.

Ertz completed 152 of 264 passes for 1,755 yards and nine touchdowns last season, adding 1,012 yards and 12 touchdowns on the ground. He put up those numbers while playing through a shoulder injury that needed off-season surgery to repair. Now healthy, he’s looking for more in what will be his final college season, unless the NCAA grants him an eligibility waiver to make up for his lost sophomore season when he tore the anterior-cruciate ligament on his right knee in the first game.

He wants to make the most of it.

Ertz discussed those topics and more in a wide-ranging interview:

Do you expect to regain a year of eligibility, or could this be your last season of college football?

At this point, I am not expecting to have another year. Right now, this is the last one. I will consider it a present if it’s not. We will apply for one and see what we can do. But I have gone from expecting it to having no reason to expect it. It’s definitely not a sure thing.

Why don’t you like your chances?

I have heard some things about it and how tough it is to get one, especially if you redshirt. If you redshirt, it is very hard to get one. Dante Barnett (a former K-State defensive back) got one because he grayshirted and didn’t redshirt. It is odd it would matter, but it somehow does. I know how difficult they are to get. I know of a lot of people who tried to get them and didn’t. Right now, I’m not counting on it.

I know you don’t love it when analysts say you have deceptive speed. Does that description still annoy you?

I have kind of gotten over it, but there was a time coming out of high school when it did. I averaged more than 11 yards per carry in high school and I was a sprinter on the track team, then I get here and everyone thinks you can’t run because you are tall or you aren’t ripped. You don’t look like you just came out of a Nike factory.

I have the school record for quarterbacks in the 300-yard shuttle test (a drill in which you run 60 yards in five different directions, rest for a minute and repeat). It’s a conditioning test and it’s hard. It’s about three minutes long. I’m not going to outrun Lamar Jackson, but I don’t feel like I run badly, by any means.

What probably annoys me more is when you do something good and people follow that up with, well, LHC Bill Snyder is just drawing the most out of you. That is another backhanded remark I get a lot. It’s weird. Apparently we at K-State are terrible athletes and we are only good for those reasons.

People carry over high school ratings way too much. If you go to Kansas State, you were under-recruited. If you go to Kansas State and you have success, it’s because of the coaching. But if you are Baker Mayfield and you go to Texas Tech and you are where he is now it is because everyone missed on him and he is this great athlete that fell through the cracks. We are a pretty fun team and we make fun of that a lot. Well, the only reason you’re decent whatsoever is because of your coaches. We haven’t had a decent player here in 20 years, apparently. We don’t take it real serious. It doesn’t hurt anyone’s feelings. But you hear it a lot.

One thing you get lots of respect for is your stiff arm. Where did you learn to repel tacklers like that?

Running the ball, for the most part, is just instinctive. I wouldn’t say anyone taught me how to stiff arm. It’s not like I watched YouTube videos on it. You just run and if someone is trying to tackle you, you have got to do what you have got to do to stay on your feet.

You ran the ball a team-high 183 times last season. Do you think you that will happen again this season?

I expect to run the plays as called. It is just kind of situational. If it’s third-and-2 and we have a loaded box and we can’t block everyone, then that’s the reason they are having the running back block. There is a method to the madness. I have no expectations on that whatsoever. I am just going to play to win.

With that type of workload in mind, does it take a certain level of toughness to play quarterback at K-State?

We obviously aren’t built like Alex Barnes and Justin Silmon. That is apparently the eye test we fail, what with our deceptive speed and all. But, obviously, we are asked to do a lot. We are playing running back as well as being a passer. It is tough, but we are all competitors and I have no problems doing it. I enjoy it. I loved last season and I look forward to next season. I have no complaints.

Historically, K-State quarterbacks make huge strides as second-year starters. Why do you think that is?

Our offense has a lot to it. We have quarterback run game, run game, pistol, shotgun, option. There are just so many things to learn. To be good at all those things and to operate quickly and efficiently, experience is just huge. To come back and know what you are seeing and facing in game situations, you can’t put a value on that.

K-State returns eight starters on offense. How many points can you score this season?

It’s hard to say. People want to go by points per game a lot, but teams don’t often hit their points per game against us, because we are holding the ball longer and things like that. The pace of the game changes a lot and that is going to have a big impact on the game and the points. I don’t really care about points per game. I only care about how many possessions we have and how many times we score. Every possession, I want to put it in the end zone. A field goal is disappointing. No offense in history has gone an entire season scoring all touchdowns, so it’s not going to happen, but it’s the way you have got to approach it. I think there is no reason why we shouldn’t be better. We have all been here and played together. We should be improved.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 04, 2017, 10:24:43 AM »
Stud answers, love sisco
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 04, 2017, 10:45:15 PM »
eff I can't wait to watch him play again.

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 04, 2017, 11:36:22 PM »
I love his swag, honestly i love the swag of the whole team. It's not a knock on the 2012 team, but i like this  team's personality more.

2012 team was so buttoned up, very business like. Just did their jobs, and outworked teams. This team kinda has more od an attitude they just want to fight everyone, and imo, thats an attitude that the 2012 team lacked. Anytime anyone talked shite or whatever it was 'ho hum, recite Snyders 16 goals, etc,etc' but this team is gonna say 'eff that, we are better than you and we are gonna kick your ass' .

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 04, 2017, 11:41:03 PM »
Ertz has grown on me like no other. What a stud

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 05, 2017, 02:40:07 AM »
I hope he has a PR degree, because he's freaking $ in that department.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 05, 2017, 07:21:52 AM »
I love his swag, honestly i love the swag of the whole team. It's not a knock on the 2012 team, but i like this  team's personality more.

2012 team was so buttoned up, very business like. Just did their jobs, and outworked teams. This team kinda has more od an attitude they just want to fight everyone, and imo, thats an attitude that the 2012 team lacked. Anytime anyone talked shite or whatever it was 'ho hum, recite Snyders 16 goals, etc,etc' but this team is gonna say 'eff that, we are better than you and we are gonna kick your ass' .
I'd take the 2012 team's personality 20 times over if it was coupled with those results.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 05, 2017, 08:30:38 AM »

I'd take the 2012 team's personality 20 times over if it was coupled with those results.

LOL. The hottest of takes.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 05, 2017, 08:44:35 AM »
I don't know who in the AD is feeding him the eligibility info, but the whole 6th year thing is weird.  I'm glad they're making him geel like he's being screwed because it seems like it's putting another chip in his shoulder.  However, the rules around the 5 year clock & getting a 6th year back are pretty clear & he doesn't meet the criteria.  I'm not sure why they ever lead him to believe it was a good possibility to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:49:32 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 06, 2017, 03:45:19 PM »

It's a hot take that I'd take no personality if that meant an 11-1 regular season?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 06, 2017, 03:49:14 PM »
It's not

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 06, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »

It's a hot take that I'd take no personality if that meant an 11-1 regular season?

It was sarcasm, your point quite obviously goes without saying. No one in the world would take a few more losses in place of some good quotes. The fact that you felt it necessary to make that point is relatively amazing.