Author Topic: Andre Coleman  (Read 9193 times)

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Andre Coleman
« on: September 17, 2017, 09:08:58 AM »
Good recruiter...shitty coach?

I have not seen anything that says differently. 

Discuss.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Coleman
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 09:42:26 AM »
I didn't see poor routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 09:44:03 AM »
He's a bad coach because these dudes dropped balls, but not a bad recruiter for getting guys who drop balls? That makes absolutely zero sense.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 09:50:44 AM »
These guys are on the same non-development, bad hands track that Burton took under Andre.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »
Why the eff did we throw almost 30 times?  Holy rough ridin' crap that was beyond stupid

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 10:02:15 AM »
These guys are on the same non-development, bad hands track that Burton took under Andre.

All but one of the WRs have a maximum of 1 year and 3 games of experience in the program. Sorry but this reeks of a knee jerk reaction. When was the last time the WRs were bad? West Virginia? OU? Either way we're talking about nearly a full seasons worth of games. They had a bad game, it's total bullshit to throw Coleman under the bus and to completely disregard everything else because the dudes had one bad game in nearly a full calendar year.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 10:03:44 AM »
Dimel's play calling was much better when we had TT or Sexton on the slot.  Those guys would catch passes around the hashes, keep their feet on the ground, turn & go.  Heath showed flashes as a freshman, but I don't know what the hell's happened since.  Now every route that's not a go is a quick slant or curl where they're focused on the ball so much they go to the ground or jump & try to catch in their stomachs.  I know people are saying Andre can't catch it for them, but they all have the same traits like they're being coach to do it.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 10:24:51 AM »
Coach Snyder can't run the ball or throw the ball for them, but he takes the blame. Why the hell can't Coleman be held responsible for the performance of the few players he coaches, MIR?  Did you not see how our best receivers played piss poor, not just one of them?  Coaches are paid a crap load to have our players prepared.  Ours weren't.

Defend him all you want, but his group played awful.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »
Players are coached to let the ball come into their body if they are expecting contract from behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 10:54:07 AM »

All but one of the WRs have a maximum of 1 year and 3 games of experience in the program. Sorry but this reeks of a knee jerk reaction. When was the last time the WRs were bad? West Virginia? OU? Either way we're talking about nearly a full seasons worth of games. They had a bad game, it's total bullshit to throw Coleman under the bus and to completely disregard everything else because the dudes had one bad game in nearly a full calendar year.

I had this take on Coleman over the summer.  Burton didn't develop under him.  Last night 4 receivers looked exactly like Burton.

2013: the only WR we took was Gordon's son as a gift.
2014: Ahrens left, Heath (now in his 4th year under Coleman) has regressed, Andre Davis didn't do much, & Reuter hasn't play since his freshman year.
2015: Kalin Heath left & Zuber, in his 3rd year, is dropping balls.

Coleman's inability to develop the above list of guys does not make "these guys are young" an excuse.  If it's not a perfectly thrown deep ball they all either jump or go to the ground to catch it, then still drop it half the time.  Maybe Ertz is just that inaccurate.

It's also not just a reaction to last night, I've been saying for a year the players don't respect him.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:00:29 AM by TheHamburglar »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »

Did I say otherwise? You can't call the dude a bad coach if his unit is having one or two bad games a year, that's irrational. It's more likely than not that they won't look like this again the rest of the year. Come in here after we have two different WRs with 100 yards receiving and three different WRs with touchdowns after Baylor then tell me how bad the damn position coach is. They had a terrible game, crap happens.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 11:17:11 AM »

Did I say otherwise? You can't call the dude a bad coach if his unit is having one or two bad games a year, that's irrational. It's more likely than not that they won't look like this again the rest of the year. Come in here after we have two different WRs with 100 yards receiving and three different WRs with touchdowns after Baylor then tell me how bad the damn position coach is. They had a terrible game, crap happens.

So if we have a good game against dogshit Baylor, then Andre's a good coach?

Tell me 1 player who had gotten better in 4+ years of Coleman?

No one in this thread has said Colemans a bad coach because of last night.  I've said he's a mediocre coach the whole time he's been here.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 11:26:48 AM »
I mean, if he doesn't get the blame when his group costs us a crucial game he sure af doesn't get the credit if they beat Baylor.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 11:28:39 AM »

No one in this thread has said Colemans a bad coach because of last night.  I've said he's a mediocre coach the whole time he's been here.

Deante Burton is being paid to play NFL football.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »
I mean, if he doesn't get the blame when his group costs us a crucial game he sure af doesn't get the credit if they beat Baylor.

Any sweeping judgment made in a snapshot is irrational, for better or worse.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »

:lol:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 11:34:03 AM »
He had 29 catches for 404 yards & 1 TD his senior year with NFL practice squad ability.  I wouldn't use that to brag on Coleman.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:37:30 AM by TheHamburglar »

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 11:42:07 AM »

At defensive back..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:50:19 AM by Pett »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 11:49:32 AM »

Any sweeping judgment made in a snapshot is irrational, for better or worse.

I think the body of work cited isn't a snapshot but wth ever, I love Andre because of copper bowl and his sick beemer/fashion sense so I'm not battling over this

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
I think we simply recruited better players than Burton. Pringle and Heath were both better last year. Probably Zuber too. Burton was a good big athlete with speed, just not a great receiver. I'm not sure how much more he could've developed.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 12:15:51 PM »
I think we simply recruited better players than Burton. Pringle and Heath were both better last year. Probably Zuber too. Burton was a good big athlete with speed, just not a great receiver. I'm not sure how much more he could've developed.

Yet this is still the best example of Andre developing a receiver in 4+ years.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 01:24:45 PM »
I'd rather him be able recruit better players honestly and I think he is.

Let's be honest, Burton was a local kid with some talent that we took a chance on. He was recruited by no one else seriously, to me he made the most of his career and opportunity and Coleman/k-state got the most out of him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »
He had 29 catches for 404 yards & 1 TD his senior year with NFL practice squad ability.  I wouldn't use that to brag on Coleman.

What kind of receiving numbers would you expect a 3rd receiver to get in our offense? There was no point in his career did you or anyone else consider him someone who would be a professional football player. You said no one has improved, Burton went from not playing, to dropping everything, to serviceable, to an NFL roster. You gotta take the L man.

You also keep asking who else he's developed, none of these dudes have even had a year and a half in the program so how in the hell could any of us know?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »

What kind of receiving numbers would you expect a 3rd receiver to get in our offense? There was no point in his career did you or anyone else consider him someone who would be a professional football player. You said no one has improved, Burton went from not playing, to dropping everything, to serviceable, to an NFL roster. You gotta take the L man.

You also keep asking who else he's developed, none of these dudes have even had a year and a half in the program so how in the hell could any of us know?

He's on an NFL practice squad as a CB.  He took an all-state receiver with enough physical ability that an NFL team is investing a spot to spend time changing his position to CB & turned him into a serviceable 3rd option.  That's the best coaching job he's done in 4+ years.  I just don't see "Colemam is a good WR coach".

You keep saying these guys haven't been here.  Heath is in his 4th year & hasn't gotten better.  Zuber is in his 3rd year, he hasn't gotten better.  I get he's recruiting over his own players, but he recruited those guys as well & they haven't improved under his coaching.  Recruiting better players over guys you recruited & coached for multiple years isn't a good sign.  You can't say "none of these dudes" when Zuber & Heath are playing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:41:47 PM by TheHamburglar »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 10:46:50 PM »
if our offense looks good this season i may be rooting for him to be HCIW