Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 434183 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #2325 on: March 31, 2016, 01:50:44 PM »
I don't think abortion should be a crime, BUT IF IT WAS, then not not punishing the woman who gets an abortion is logically incongruent.

How's that, they aren't giving themselves the procedure. It is currently illegal for a woman to intentionally harm their fetus.

Thank you for highlighting the absurd incongruence of our current laws. Most states criminalize self-inflicted abortion (though it rarely charged), but it's perfectly legal in most states and in fact constitutionally protected for a state-licensed physician to perform most abortions. It it's legal for a doctor to do it, why can't a woman do it? What ever happened to "my body my choice"?

I am not sure what your point is.  There are a number of procedures that require licensed doctors to carry out.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: March 31, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
I don't think abortion should be a crime, BUT IF IT WAS, then not not punishing the woman who gets an abortion is logically incongruent.

How's that, they aren't giving themselves the procedure. It is currently illegal for a woman to intentionally harm their fetus.

Thank you for highlighting the absurd incongruence of our current laws. Most states criminalize self-inflicted abortion (though it rarely charged), but it's perfectly legal in most states and in fact constitutionally protected for a state-licensed physician to perform most abortions. It it's legal for a doctor to do it, why can't a woman do it? What ever happened to "my body my choice"?

I am not sure what your point is.  There are a number of procedures that require licensed doctors to carry out.
Or receiving access to prescribed medication.  I don't know what Chant is getting at, but I don't think it's a good argument. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: March 31, 2016, 03:14:08 PM »

Haven't given this much thought, have you?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: March 31, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »
It's killing a baby either way, but one is illegal and the other usually isn't. There is another human life at issue, and whether that life can be legally killed.  That seems a little different than requiring a prescription or other general licensure requirements.

Likewise, many states would charge the killing of a pregnant woman as a double homicide, which doesnt seem to square with the mantra that a fetus is just a lump of cells that can be freely disposed of by the mother.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:20:30 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: March 31, 2016, 03:21:28 PM »

Is it illegal to do surgery on yourself?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: March 31, 2016, 03:24:45 PM »
 :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: March 31, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »
I don't think we should fine or jail women who self abort.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: March 31, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »

Is it illegal to do surgery on yourself?

Broad question and the broad answer is no.  Self inflicting an abortion is rarely a surgical procedure though.  Usually it involves ingesting dangerous and/or prescribed substances.  There are a number of laws making that illegal.

BTW, if some mod slogging through this wants to chuck the last few pages in some abortion thread, it's prob not a bad idea.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: March 31, 2016, 03:57:01 PM »
I don't think we should fine or jail women who self abort.

Whatever it is, there needs to be something to discourage the practice. If it is acceptable for someone to perform a complex and dangerous procedure on themselves it makes no sense to say it's unacceptable to allow a qualified professional to perform it for them. The reverse actually makes sense if you are into protecting people from themselves (hence the current laws).

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: March 31, 2016, 03:59:07 PM »
Once again, the strangest thing about this is that the second Trump says something that at least a few reasonable people agree on, he takes it back. Just proves he's crazy even when he makes sense.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: March 31, 2016, 04:02:49 PM »
Once again, the strangest thing about this is that the second Trump says something that at least a few reasonable people agree on, he takes it back. Just proves he's crazy even when he makes sense.

that's not strange at all.  he's trying to get elected.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: March 31, 2016, 04:09:47 PM »

Sometimes watching Trump is like watching your team get a fast break on a steal and then miss the dunk. But mostly it's like watching K-State basketball in general. Mostly.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: March 31, 2016, 05:15:03 PM »

But to get ahead he has been saying all the things practically any campaign manager would have considered political suicide. It's a classic case of forgetting what got you there.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: March 31, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »
Also on Trump: I have heard him justify violent speech/behavior now based on the threat of tomatoes being thrown and a pen held by a reporter that could have been a bomb.

I am being 100% serious when I say I don't really think Trump is trying to use rhetoric to whip people into a fury. I think he is just one of the most scared and paranoid people that has made a serious run for office.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: March 31, 2016, 05:21:53 PM »
It's a classic case of forgetting what got you there.

i think it's more of a case of realizing you're about to commit suicide and pulling the gun out of your mouth.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: April 06, 2016, 01:41:11 AM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: April 06, 2016, 08:10:59 AM »
Trump takes a hit tonight and blames it on everybody else.  :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/05/a-quieted-donald-trump-quickly-turns-on-lyin-ted/?_r=0

Trump really is up against a lot. I really don't want him to be president, but I can't help but find myself pulling for him sometimes.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: April 15, 2016, 12:44:41 AM »
Donald and his staff are trying to figure a lot of things out. He said the other day that he'll become "presidential" when the time comes. Will this guy ever become "Presidential?"

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: April 15, 2016, 08:52:30 AM »
He has three more people to off, then he will be so presidential, it'll make your head spin.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: April 15, 2016, 09:04:22 AM »
It has become abundantly clear that Trump is going to end up on June 7 with anywhere from 40-100+ delegates shy of the 1237 majority. At convention, Trump will come up short on the first ballot, Ted Cruz will garner a majority on the second, and he will move over the majority number on the third to gain the nomination.  Rubio stated in an interview this week on LevinTV that he was binding his delegates on the first ballot and then they would be free, or pledged to the only conservative in the race. If Rubio had wanted to release his delegates today, he would have formally endorsed Cruz. But he didn't.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: April 20, 2016, 12:31:30 AM »
Trump's victory speech tonight was interesting. He dropped the "Lyin' Ted" references and instead referred to Cruz as "The Senator." He also formalized his references to Kasich, calling him "Governor Kasich." The Don is clearly in retool mode, as evidenced also by his recent staff changes.

The Tool retools. This could get interesting.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: April 20, 2016, 09:11:17 AM »
Trump's victory speech tonight was interesting. He dropped the "Lyin' Ted" references and instead referred to Cruz as "The Senator." He also formalized his references to Kasich, calling him "Governor Kasich." The Don is clearly in retool mode, as evidenced also by his recent staff changes.

The Tool retools. This could get interesting.

The healing begins.  :cheers:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: April 20, 2016, 09:25:53 AM »
If he keeps it up, he's going to lose his d-bag base and wind up being the biggest national election loser in history by an even wider margin.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: April 20, 2016, 09:37:02 AM »
Agreed.  Seems like it's time to double down, not lighten up. 

He would still own the most legitimate threat to the 'pubs in my lifetime, in an independent run.  He may not hold the key to victory, but he could easily ensure a 'pub loss in the General at this point.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: April 20, 2016, 09:40:26 AM »
Hillary is going to cruise and pubs will be so butthurt :lol:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12