Author Topic: Ron Prince Stories!  (Read 557018 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Prince stories
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
http://goEMAW.com/blog/?p=199&cpage=1#comment-10545

You beat me to it...  although I was just going to post this bit:

BIG DEEZE says:   
September 28, 2012 at 5:06 pm   

Ron Prince head faked the eff out of the admin at KSU! He was a loser in HS, a loser at DCCC (where he backed up a walk on from Cimarron. Never got on the field when he transferref to Appalachian State. Will tell you that he started against Clemson and coouldn’t stop the counter move of Chester McGlockton. This loser never played a play at Appalachian State. He got the last laugh when you guys had to pay him 1.5 million dollars… Ron left his wife after they got fired in Indianapolis and when he moved to Jacksonville he dumped his mother in a retirement home. He cheated on her with several women that he eventually showed pics of the “acts of ill-repute” to so she would believe him. I cam remeber when Prince was selling CRACK in college to make fast cash and along the way he mumped his friends who gave him the money to start his dope game. WHAT BITCH?

:lol:

Recent events have convinced me that Big Deeze was at least 80% truthful there.

Methinks your guesstimate falls a bit short...

bears are fast...

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 10:27:39 AM »
remember when he would give somebody bunny ears..  :D what a jokester

he did that to my buddy at a Catbacker tournament.  photobombed him with bunny ears.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
When he dangled Scott Frost off a hotel balcony.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »
Taught my leadership class.

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »
I had a 8:30 class with Zach Diles in Mackenzie hall. One morning I just happened to look up and there was Ronnie with a big crap eating grin on his face. He just stood in the hallway, waved at Zach then kept on walking.

Zach just shook his head.

Then I found 5 dollars.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2013, 11:27:58 AM »
I had a 8:30 class with Zach Diles in Mackenzie hall. One morning I just happened to look up and there was Ronnie with a big crap eating grin on his face. He just stood in the hallway, waved at Zach then kept on walking.

Then I found 5 dollars.

This sounds made up dabish7

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »
From a former player

we used to do senior meetings with him with all the seniors and just him and he would get all yoda ish and weird and it was like a psych session.

he went around and wanted each of us to talk about the upcoming year and what our plans were
and started talkin about how going out is a good "release"

then he started gettin carried away and was sayin how he thinks he studied too much in college and how thats not the best thing in the world to do

He always would start out saying" and im not so sure" and he eventually said and "im not so sure that i shouldnt have been drinking more beer and banging more bitches"

I remember being like "I just made big 12 honor roll, thanks for telling me that doesnt matter" but i was just a try hard white guy thankful to have a scholly

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »

Then I found 5 dollars.

This sounds made up dabish7

Only the 5 dollars part.

Was a real WTF moment.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
3rd row of google images when you search Inge Jorgensen Kansas State University.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »
Was Prince Ron late for a Catbackers meeting in Hays one time, pissing them off?  My story was that he met a girl named "Bunny" and didn't finish banging her in time to make the meeting.  He showed up late, told everyone present that, as head coach, he had many important duties, and his tardiness could not be helped.  But someone snitched out Ron to the Hays Catbackers about Prince Ron dipping his weiner in Bunny instead of showing up on time to the Catbackers event.  Hays Catbackers suddenly became very reluctant to donate until Prince Ron was Prince Gone.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 12:36:49 PM »
Poor Bob Krause.  He had the very best of intentions, but was just stupid.  You have to love Bob Krause...marries into the Vanier fortune and then just goes rough ridin' nuts with it.

He probably still thinks that Ron just "ran out of time."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »
He had a binder.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
I remember reading the updates from the lawyer poster on gpc who spotted Ron meeting with the the AD group in Topeka at the Capital Plaza hotel, with that binder, before he was hired.

I also remember the amazingly awkward teleconference press conference announcing Ron was fired, and Ron was actually on the rough ridin' phone.  Wow.  That was not something you will ever see again.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »
I remember reading the updates from the lawyer poster on gpc who spotted Ron meeting with the the AD group in Topeka at the Capital Plaza hotel, with that binder, before he was hired.

I also remember the amazingly awkward teleconference press conference announcing Ron was fired, and Ron was actually on the rough ridin' phone.  Wow.  That was not something you will ever see again.

Still not the awkwardest KSU presser.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »
He and/or Zoe are reading all of this.

Meaning they knew of FattyFest and didn't donate anything.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2013, 01:03:49 PM »
I feel like multiple posts could be made about Ron in the Stud/Boss thread if he was never part of the Kansas State University tackle football program or the AD in general. Like, if all this took place at Oklahoma State or some crap, he'd have stud/boss written all over him, no? maybe?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »
I feel like multiple posts could be made about Ron in the Stud/Boss thread if he was never part of the Kansas State University tackle football program or the AD in general. Like, if all this took place at Oklahoma State or some crap, he'd have stud/boss written all over him, no? maybe?

Or if he just won a bunch.

Offline oneeyedwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »

I remonber him blaming his players in that presser.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2013, 01:23:42 PM »
I think it was funny he got fired but was still allowed to coach the rest of the season with enough games to make a bowl game. lol
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »
When it comes to assistants, can you keep changing them like this, or do you think you need more continuity?

I'm not sure what you're saying. The continuity is in our program, in our approach and what we are doing. Right now, college football is in a period of coaching free agency. You can't prohibit a guy from making a living and improving his situation. That's how we look at it. I see it a lot differently than some other people. All of those coaches that have been here left somewhere else to get here. I guess I look at it differently than other people. Every year, the team has to be reborn. I don't see this as year three. I see it as 2008.

Do you consider yourself to be demanding of your assistants? Everybody handles it different. Some micromanage, and others kind of let them do their thing. How would you characterize your handling of them?

I can't imagine a head coach that would ever say he lets the assistants do their thing. I don't know what that means. Clarify that for me.

Tony Dungy, for instance, isn't very hands-on ...

He's not?

From what I've seen.

Have you ever been to (the Indianapolis Colts') practices?

I've been to their training camp.

Well, I know their organization very well. I disagree with that completely. They do what they do and they do it very well. It's his defense that they've run for many years, so I would disagree with that premise completely, that there is any coach who just simply shows up to the games and has no idea what's going on. If you're going to be the head of the organization, your job is to set the standards and expectations.

Basically, we've seen guys leaving, and you said they're leaving for better jobs, but is part of it that they can't coexist with you?

I don't think so. It's like a lot of things. We've set the standards, and we're going to work toward our standards.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2013, 01:41:06 PM »
well, that's what I was told

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
OT: James Franklin is going for RP 2.0 at Vandy, and UT fans from Hosie Nation 3.0 rough ridin' hate him.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2013, 01:57:48 PM »
Never forget that my good friend Bob Krause had Gary Patterson hired . . . don't ever forget the article that I think Kellis did, where he was in interviewing Krause and the "It's Patterson" hit, and ol' Gar blew a gasket and my good friend Bob Krause had to excuse himself from the interview to try and take of the situation.   

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »
—Prince used to treat Tim McCarty like trash. One time, when McCarty's unit wasn't performing up to par, Prince got in a verbal shouting match with him until he eventually ordered McCarty to the ground. "On your back!" Prince screamed. McCarty had to stay on his back for 12 minutes until Prince eventually allowed him to stand in upright position.

—Prince was famous for getting in screaming matches with his assistants, and he would get up in their faces on many occasions. Prince is not a believer in positive reinforcement. He absolutely loves the word "bullshit." My friend used to say that was his favorite word. Everything is "bullshit."

—When Prince wants someone off the team, he goes out of his way to make it happen. He will order you around and try to make you look like a fool, and doesn't stop until he's destroyed any self confidence you might have.

—Prince used to get pissed off when interceptions were thrown in practice. But, while most coaches will call a play dead after the interception (especially when the team's trainers are sitting on the field about 25 yards behind where the offense is snapping the ball), Prince doesn't call the play dead until the interceptor is tackled. So, every time the defense picked off a pass, off they would run, in the direction of the trainers. The players, of course, were in full pads. The trainers actually had to run in the opposite direction to avoid getting trampled.

—When the trainers did this, Prince would call them FP's.

—Later, after another interception was thrown, one of the trainers decided to throw a water bottle at the interceptor's feet. Another trainer ran away to avoid getting trampled. Understandable. Except Prince didn't see it that way and actually LIKED what he saw from the trainer who threw the water bottle at one of his players. "At least he's trying," Prince told one trainer, whose self-esteem was shot.

—One trainer said his favorite part of practice was always when Prince would yell at a player. Just the way he does it, it crushes your spirits. When you make a mistake, you will never forget about it, and you will probably never hear the end of it. If you shrug, or hold your arms in the air palms up, as if to say, "What did I do wrong?" ... Prince goes crazy. Palms up. That's what sets Prince off more than anything. When he sees those palms, he loses control. And not necessarily because a player made a mistake (although mistakes are unforgivable), but because the player didn't know what he did wrong. Eventually, players would learn not to put their palms up. So, when that whistle blows and Prince stops the play, players would turn around, arms at their side, and just take it. They were defeated. They knew not to challenge or protest.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2013, 02:10:54 PM »

was that when the infamous Rob Cassidy, "Hey coach, how's it going?" quote happened?

I still love Rob for that.
emaw