Author Topic: Help joda move to Dallas/Ft. Worth  (Read 4841 times)

The Big Train

Re: Help joda move to Dallas/Ft. Worth
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
i have some very good friends that live in the DFW area, they seem to enjoy it (grub burger bar).
Finally! I'll bet you can't wait to go try it out with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They actually told me to stay away from there because it's puke city

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2016, 11:44:21 AM »
There's probably like 50-100 whataburgers in the metro  :love:

I'd say probably closer to 200-250.

Arlington sucks but if you're going to UTA, then you want to live there.

Midcities suck.  Traffic from there to Arlington is going to suck for the foreseeable future with all the planned 360 work. 

Exurbs suck (Plano, Frisco, any of the other generically named ones too).

Dallas is cool.  Fort Worth is cool.

Learn to love sitting in traffic.  There's been so many people moving here that it sucks no matter where you go.

You can get from the mid cities to Arlington pretty easily down 157, 360 or 820 depending on time of day

Weirdos who hate suburbs are my fave :lol:
emaw

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2016, 11:53:15 AM »
I would not live anywhere but Arlington if I was going to school at UTA. Unless I had kids and didn't want therm going to a shitty Arlington school. Then I'd probably lived in Mansfield or somewhere like that.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2016, 11:57:59 AM »
yes in general in a huge American megacity it's a good idea to live close by whatever you do every day
emaw

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2016, 12:07:10 PM »

You can get from the mid cities to Arlington pretty easily down 157, 360 or 820 depending on time of day

Pretty easily=any time other than 7 AM-10AM or 3PM-7PM Monday through Friday or anytime there isn't anything going on a Cowboys stadium.

So, yea, pretty easily if you never travel during normal traveling times.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2016, 03:04:02 PM »

Pretty easily=any time other than 7 AM-10AM or 3PM-7PM Monday through Friday or anytime there isn't anything going on a Cowboys stadium.

So, yea, pretty easily if you never travel during normal traveling times.

Weird thing to stand your ground on but nah
emaw

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2016, 06:50:59 AM »
i have some very good friends that live in the DFW area, they seem to enjoy it (grub burger bar).
Finally! I'll bet you can't wait to go try it out with them!

They actually told me to stay away from there because it's puke city
Your face is barf city!

Royals aren't gonna win 'em all

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »
i have some very good friends that live in the DFW area, they seem to enjoy it

:peek:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2017, 11:12:19 AM »
Hey everyone, been a little over a year since I moved and thought I'd update this a little.

First off, Arlington has a ton of trees, like even if I hadn't seen a post claiming there were no trees I'd still be like, "holy crap, that's a lot of trees".

I haven't had the time to explore as much as I'd like but here's some basic impressions. Arlington isn't too bad to live in. I got an apartment up a little north of Jerry World and can usually make it to campus in 15 minutes or less and really close to I30 if I need to go anywhere. As some mentioned, not a lot to do here other than the Cowboys, Rangers, and UTA athletics but pretty easy trip to Dallas, Ft Worth or any of the other Mid Cities. It's obvious they're trying to build up the area around Jerry World into more of a destination but still have a long ways to go.

I've enjoyed Ft Worth, pretty cool mix of historical and modern, and whoever suggested Rodeo Goat, thanks, really enjoyed that place. Don't recommend if you hate the smell of cow, but really good burgers. On the Dallas side I haven't been able to make it over there as much. Deep Ellum was cool and ate somewhere over there that I don't remember the name of that was really good.

Traffic kind of sucks but it's a big city so not unexpected. 820 around the Arlington/Ft Worth border is terrible. Avoid at all costs. I30 can be bad, but outside of the busiest part of rush hour usually moves at least ok. Haven't had many issues with 360 but haven't taken it much during high traffic times. 157 can be a shitshow, but that's more about people being idiot drivers than anything.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2017, 01:03:27 PM »
Hey everyone, been a little over a year since I moved and thought I'd update this a little.

First off, Arlington has a ton of trees, like even if I hadn't seen a post claiming there were no trees I'd still be like, "holy crap, that's a lot of trees".

I haven't had the time to explore as much as I'd like but here's some basic impressions. Arlington isn't too bad to live in. I got an apartment up a little north of Jerry World and can usually make it to campus in 15 minutes or less and really close to I30 if I need to go anywhere. As some mentioned, not a lot to do here other than the Cowboys, Rangers, and UTA athletics but pretty easy trip to Dallas, Ft Worth or any of the other Mid Cities. It's obvious they're trying to build up the area around Jerry World into more of a destination but still have a long ways to go.

I've enjoyed Ft Worth, pretty cool mix of historical and modern, and whoever suggested Rodeo Goat, thanks, really enjoyed that place. Don't recommend if you hate the smell of cow, but really good burgers. On the Dallas side I haven't been able to make it over there as much. Deep Ellum was cool and ate somewhere over there that I don't remember the name of that was really good.

Traffic kind of sucks but it's a big city so not unexpected. 820 around the Arlington/Ft Worth border is terrible. Avoid at all costs. I30 can be bad, but outside of the busiest part of rush hour usually moves at least ok. Haven't had many issues with 360 but haven't taken it much during high traffic times. 157 can be a shitshow, but that's more about people being idiot drivers than anything.
Have you ran into any movie stars?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »
I've heard lots of good things about the palisades and hidden hills areas
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best