Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438636 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #1500 on: June 14, 2017, 11:27:03 AM »
No pastels or brick tho

that's true. you do the lord's work ITT

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 14, 2017, 11:29:10 AM »
only correction I'd make Skin Ben is that the entire stade was more Embassy Suites-y than Ramada-y

I have another disagreement, but I don't want to GPC this up.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 14, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »
only correction I'd make Skin Ben is that the entire stade was more Embassy Suites-y than Ramada-y

I have another disagreement, but I don't want to GPC this up.

HAS to be about me rating Tyra and Lyla as POAs and not Jess or Julie, right?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 14, 2017, 06:32:32 PM »
Ok, time for the bball update. Actually a pretty legit little arena they have. Only holds about 7k, but they're in the Sun Belt so it's probably about right

Impressive looking exterior, maybe a bit mall-ish but I've seen worse (and Trees!)

Lights up nice and pretty too (apparently named the greenest basketball arena in America by lawnstarter.com so EcoKat approved)

Looks bigger in this pic but inside it definitely feels like it only sits 7k, still found it pretty aestheticly pleasing though.

Also is the home of the Dallas Wings from the WNBA. So for those in the know that means potential Skylar Diggins sightings :drool:

Concourse

One of the locker rooms. That floor makes me feel like I'm getting shot by plasma rifles

Weight room's on the small side but just for bball and vball it probably works fine

I also found this gem of a video that's definitely UTAO
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1mJkTQKVdvs

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 14, 2017, 06:39:43 PM »
Very deece
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 14, 2017, 06:46:08 PM »
Before we leave UTA, I need to take a minute and appreciate their fantastic former basketball arena. I'm genuinely disappointed I never saw a game at this place.

Looks like a typical old basketball arena from the outside. But on the inside....

wait for it....

It's actually ON STAGE! :Wha:

That's right, it's literally a stage, curtains and everything

I found a story that claimed a former coach would never show recruits their home court because he didn't think anyone would ever come if they knew :ROFL:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 14, 2017, 06:54:22 PM »
omg no way

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 14, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »
that is the most wtf thing i can remember from this thread :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 14, 2017, 06:58:35 PM »
 :eek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 14, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »
pretty great fnl stuff skinbens :thumbs:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 14, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »
At first I thought they were watching a game on a movie screen. Vanderbilt got nothing on them.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 14, 2017, 09:47:38 PM »
sports #acting :love:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 14, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »
Joda you are spitting heat ITT lately. Let's break down UTA a little further.

Gross overhead shot. Looks like the picture my grandparents had of their farm in the 80s

I LOL'd. Old people rough ridin' LOVE framing faded pictures of their tan-colored farm that were taken from a helicopter or whatever. Super gross, kinda like this stade. I don't know too much about Cessna Stade but you're right. I am alway entertained by stadiums like this whose bleachers basically span from one 25 yard-line to the other and no further than that, but that then shoot up like 70 rows. Creates such a LOL'zy tall bleachers that don't make that much sense. Can you imagine sitting in the nosebleeds, and looking across the field to a visitors section that tops out at like 15 rows and behind that is the Texas Hall stage/basketball arena? Now that's a rough ridin' setting.

Seats looks like a lovely mosaic that would be in the lobby of the Bellagio or something. ('scuse my LMIQ)

That white wall around the field is so hilarious to me. Looks awful.

Super old, super faded scoreboard. This is probably a recent pic

:frown: And you just know that the right half doesn't even have jumobtron capabilities, probably can't even show replay of the bed race photo finishes. They probably just use that part of the scoreboard to show old time cartoony graphics like KSU Qatz used to have. Like really rudimentary sequences where a boxy kicker approaches the ball in a stilted manner, then kicks it and the ball flies through the air just barely over the crossbar, then lands right behind the goalpost, and then the scoreboard says IT'S GOOD! in flashing block letters. 

I actually really like their new basketball arena. It's sexy as hell on the inside. Outside too.

Impressive looking exterior, maybe a bit mall-ish but I've seen worse (and Trees!)

I see it more as, like, if a bank had a kid with a newer, mid-range city's symphony hall. Like, let's say that Bank Of America banged the Boise Symphony Center. This is what you'd get.

I also found this gem of a video that's definitely UTAO
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1mJkTQKVdvs

Oh my god this vid was increds. If any of you gE'ers passed on clicking this link the first time around, plz reconsider. Joda found us a gem. :love:

Their old arena? "Texas Hall"? Unreal. Easily the most earth-shattering post ITT. When I look at those pictures I am sad, full of glee, irate, embarrassed for them, overjoyed for them....really all of it. I bet it'd be a wild ride to do shrooms and go sit in the balcony for a game because then you'd probably be all, "whoa, all of life's a stage and this is a really weird play." Do you think there were ever actual plays on that stage that weird ruined because the shot clock horn went off on accident in the background?

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:51 AM »
The WNBA played a couple of games at radio city music hall and the court was on the stage.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: June 15, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »
The WNBA played a couple of games at radio city music hall and the court was on the stage.
How empty was it?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 15, 2017, 09:24:11 AM »
I think we should get a curtain for the OOD.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 15, 2017, 09:31:03 AM »
Or just a tent over the entire thing like those fumigation ones.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 15, 2017, 09:41:48 AM »
I almost thought that was Iowa State but the flora threw that idea out the window.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 15, 2017, 10:39:18 AM »
Joda you are spitting heat ITT lately. Let's break down UTA a little further.

I LOL'd. Old people rough ridin' LOVE framing faded pictures of their tan-colored farm that were taken from a helicopter or whatever. Super gross, kinda like this stade. I don't know too much about Cessna Stade but you're right. I am alway entertained by stadiums like this whose bleachers basically span from one 25 yard-line to the other and no further than that, but that then shoot up like 70 rows. Creates such a LOL'zy tall bleachers that don't make that much sense. Can you imagine sitting in the nosebleeds, and looking across the field to a visitors section that tops out at like 15 rows and behind that is the Texas Hall stage/basketball arena? Now that's a rough ridin' setting.
Yea, you don't even get the joy of seeing Texas Hall/CPC, those are on the oppo side of campus (which reminds me of another, non-sports related update on UTA I need to make). You get a nice lovely view of what I think is the police department and maybe the mechanical/maintenance support type HQ.

That white wall around the field is so hilarious to me. Looks awful.
It actually looks even worse in person, like WTF is this? Is it concrete, is it plastic? You don't really know until you get close, but either is horrible.

:frown: And you just know that the right half doesn't even have jumobtron capabilities, probably can't even show replay of the bed race photo finishes. They probably just use that part of the scoreboard to show old time cartoony graphics like KSU Qatz used to have. Like really rudimentary sequences where a boxy kicker approaches the ball in a stilted manner, then kicks it and the ball flies through the air just barely over the crossbar, then lands right behind the goalpost, and then the scoreboard says IT'S GOOD! in flashing block letters.
Believe it or not it actually does show video. I didn't pay close attention but I don't believe it was particularly good quality.

I see it more as, like, if a bank had a kid with a newer, mid-range city's symphony hall. Like, let's say that Bank Of America banged the Boise Symphony Center. This is what you'd get.
That's definitely it, good call

Their old arena? "Texas Hall"? Unreal. Easily the most earth-shattering post ITT. When I look at those pictures I am sad, full of glee, irate, embarrassed for them, overjoyed for them....really all of it. I bet it'd be a wild ride to do shrooms and go sit in the balcony for a game because then you'd probably be all, "whoa, all of life's a stage and this is a really weird play." Do you think there were ever actual plays on that stage that weird ruined because the shot clock horn went off on accident in the background?
No idea if that actually happened or not, but would be hilarious. I need to go to something at Texas Hall now that it's just a stage and see what it looks like in there. Another interesting fact I found during my googling was that RiRi herself performed in that building while it was still also home to the basketball arena.

While we're throwing out fun facts, at least one of the Arlington HS's uses that stadium for home games. Don't know which one, but it's likely that K-State ownership of Texas victim and Mr. #1 draft pick Myles Garrett played multiple games on that field.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: June 15, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »
Ok, one last interesting bit about UTA. It's actually split into two parts by one of Arlington's busiest north/south streets. To account for this, the street dips down a little through campus and there's a series of walking bridges joing the two parts. It's a little like a knockoff of the Vegas Strip. A bit odd but ends up kind of cool looking.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 15, 2017, 12:23:59 PM »

you're right, that is cool looking

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 15, 2017, 12:24:35 PM »
 :lol:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: June 15, 2017, 12:33:56 PM »
The stage basketball arena is super  :surprised:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 15, 2017, 12:41:50 PM »
The stage basketball arena is super  :surprised:

Like I'd feel very compelled to go to games in a tux and act like hedonism bot at an opera as a basketball game was wage before me.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla