Author Topic: spring practice 17 tidbits, nuggets, and hearsay  (Read 85462 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: spring practice 17 tidbits, nuggets, and hearsay
« Reply #400 on: April 25, 2017, 06:47:55 PM »
I'm just going to throw this out there.. but I don't think Delton can read defenses/coverages, dude is going to be a turnover machine if he is required to throw.

Wacky.. his stats looked nice but realistically he had 4 turnovers against 3rd/4th string defenders. Our backups were all over his throws.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 25, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
I'm just going to throw this out there.. but I don't think Delton can read defenses/coverages, dude is going to be a turnover machine if he is required to throw.

Wacky.. his stats looked nice but realistically he had 4 turnovers against 3rd/4th string defenders. Our backups were all over his throws.

i thought he looked decent at points, but you're right, he didn't appear to go through progressions at any pt and telegraphed everything

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 25, 2017, 07:53:09 PM »
It's a spring game, calm down with the sweeping conclusions about our quarterbacks.  I do think it's likely that Thompson is better than Delton but Delton is still only a sophomore with plenty of time to grow if they decide he's the guy(they won't).  Chill out

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #403 on: April 25, 2017, 09:34:47 PM »
If I was 20 and given play calling duties in an exhibition game, you could bet your ass I'd be calling deep routes all day and taking stupid rough ridin' risks. Particularly if my head coach left at half.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 26, 2017, 11:15:50 AM »
prince started the train

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 26, 2017, 12:49:25 PM »
We should Delton in for a series in the second quarter of each game where he runs our qb-battering ram set, and bring Thompson in for two minute offense.  There would be many benefits to this.

Are you high?
I've heard ketamine can cause rash delusions
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:01 PM »
If I was 20 and given play calling duties in an exhibition game, you could bet your ass I'd be calling deep routes all day and taking stupid rough ridin' risks. Particularly if my head coach left at half.

Agreed.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 26, 2017, 01:05:54 PM »
Why do you think ksucats will have no draftees?

I am just saying we better hope we do.  There isn't an obvious pro prospect on this team yet (at least that I know of) who looks like they can get drafted next year. That's not to say someone won't shine and get attention, but if no one does emerge as a draft-able prospect, then I bet our season ends up with about 8 wins or so.

As it stands now, Risner is our only hope at a draft pick next year, and he would have to leave early.

I disagree.  Geary is a potential draftee.  And Risner isn't the only underclassman who could leave early after a big year (Reed, Pringle, Adams, Walker, Frantz, Beechum).

If we are as good as we hope to be, I guarantee you somebody gets drafted next year.

That's why I said as of now. Right now, Risner is the only one who would likely get drafted of those players you listed.

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Kansas State redshirt junior T Dalton Risner as the No. 5 underclassman draft prospect at his position.

Risner (6'5/300) has excelled at two positions along the line in his collegiate career. After taking a redshirt as a freshman, he bolted out to make 13 starts at center in 2015. Kansas State HC LHC Bill Snyder and staff then decided to shift him over to right tackle. Lo and behold, he crushed that transition in short order, once again starting 13 games during the past season. At the end of the season, he was named a First Team All-Big 12 performer by the coaches, ESPN, Phil Steele and Pro Football Focus.

Source: ESPN Insider Jun 26 - 1:57 PM

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 27, 2017, 01:20:12 PM »
Outside of the normal concern / worry about injuries (namely Jesse Ertz), the biggest question mark on the team - IMO = Will Geary.
Yes, I also have some concern about the LB position, but going into the summer, Geary was at the top of my list.

It’s not that Ray Price couldn’t step up his game (or one of the young guns), but it sure would be a big bonus to have Geary back with the team (Geary earned honorable mention Big 12 honors this past December). Hopefully Price will step up his game in year 2 after juco.

Good News: I’ve heard that Will Geary is taking care of business (classes) this summer and is expected to be eligible to rejoin the team this Fall.

I have a friend that receives some good inside info from time to time. Well, he was the individual that told me Will Geary was not on the team this past spring, which I passed on to Wabash (and the sh#t storm began..ha).

Here are the three tidbits of information that I thought was noteworthy (sorry, nothing earth chattering):
1. The offense is performing at a very high level this summer, doesn’t even seem like the same offense (the rock is getting passed all over the field). As reported by many, Ertz is just a stud.

2. Mike McCoy has only gotten better …he’s an absolute BEAST. I feel for a 180 lb D-back that has to bring him down (go low and live…ha).

3. And as already noted, Will Geary is expected to be in purple this Fall.

EMAW !!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 27, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »
We are going to kick so much ass this year. My god.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 27, 2017, 01:36:05 PM »
McCoy is one I hope to see in the backfield with Barnes.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 27, 2017, 02:33:13 PM »
Outside of the normal concern / worry about injuries (namely Jesse Ertz), the biggest question mark on the team - IMO = Will Geary.
Yes, I also have some concern about the LB position, but going into the summer, Geary was at the top of my list.

It’s not that Ray Price couldn’t step up his game (or one of the young guns), but it sure would be a big bonus to have Geary back with the team (Geary earned honorable mention Big 12 honors this past December). Hopefully Price will step up his game in year 2 after juco.

Good News: I’ve heard that Will Geary is taking care of business (classes) this summer and is expected to be eligible to rejoin the team this Fall.

I have a friend that receives some good inside info from time to time. Well, he was the individual that told me Will Geary was not on the team this past spring, which I passed on to Wabash (and the sh#t storm began..ha).

Here are the three tidbits of information that I thought was noteworthy (sorry, nothing earth chattering):
1. The offense is performing at a very high level this summer, doesn’t even seem like the same offense (the rock is getting passed all over the field). As reported by many, Ertz is just a stud.

2. Mike McCoy has only gotten better …he’s an absolute BEAST. I feel for a 180 lb D-back that has to bring him down (go low and live…ha).

3. And as already noted, Will Geary is expected to be in purple this Fall.

EMAW !!

This is awesome...thanks for the tidbits!

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 27, 2017, 03:34:04 PM »
If the O-line is good and Ertz stays healthy this could be the best offense since Ell and Sproles.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 27, 2017, 05:05:56 PM »
thanks 'blast, yet another great scoop

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 28, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
Luke?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 28, 2017, 10:35:19 AM »
I'm always excited to watch the cats but this is like 10 year old y-l_a level. I think we could be pretty darn dece you guys

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2017, 08:02:57 PM »
LHCBS dropped the hammer in a player’s meeting.
The Legend told some players to pick up their stuff and move to the visiting locker-room.
For work ethic & character issues.

Sorry, no names, but a couple of the players are (or were) starters (per my source).

Apparently, the visiting locker-room is the last stop = improve / work harder OR find yourself off the team.

Not exactly good news, but maybe the Legend’s move will light a fire under some players that need it.

As others have suggested in recent weeks/ months, I believe the Legend knows that this team can be VERY VERY GOOD, but he also knows that it’s going to take a lot of hard work to get there (the only way Coach Snyder knows).  ALL of the players need to be rowing the boat, no room for players that don't want to grab an oar.

The Legend delegates much more than he did in the past, we all know this… but despite a battle with cancer at age 77, when it comes to driving the bus, the Legend’s hands are still clearly on the wheel.

In Snyder I Trust !

Oh and my source again reiterated how good Ertz is looking this summer (Thompson is progressing).

I admit, I like to drink the purple Kool-Aid, but I believe good things are going to happen this fall (barring injuries).

I better fade into the shadows before Snyder’s secret service team catches me.

GO STATE !

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 30, 2017, 09:53:30 AM »
"The Legend" lol :rolleyes:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 30, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »
every year we hear about so and so is looking great or how good the team could be barring injuries AND EVERY YEAR IT SUCKS ME BACK IN!! CATS, MAN!

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 30, 2017, 06:40:42 PM »
'Cats, Man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
Some news will be coming out shortly concerning one of our starters on offense.  Can't say anything more at this time, but it is shocking.
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 03, 2017, 03:40:11 PM »
Nice scoop, pipe.

The Big Train

« Reply #422 on: July 03, 2017, 03:42:29 PM »
Post the article KK!

Offline Gooch