Author Topic: Times gE Has Scooped GPC:Master Thread - No disrespect to KSO, who we like  (Read 43800 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: All the Times gE Has Scooped GPC: The Official Master Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »
He took the oscar hate thing super hard.  He was staunchly on #TeamBruce and that was probably a tough team to be on.  No one PI'ed him, just argued w him about oscar a lot.

i don't think that was it.  i remember him saying he wasn't really thrilled with the hire.

he would give the reason the AD did something (always with the caveat of "that's just what i was told"), and the majority of posters would call bullshit or accuse him of spreading propaganda.  i can see why that would get pretty old.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2013, 10:04:03 PM »
He took the oscar hate thing super hard.  He was staunchly on #TeamBruce and that was probably a tough team to be on.  No one PI'ed him, just argued w him about oscar a lot.

i don't think that was it.  i remember him saying he wasn't really thrilled with the hire.

he would give the reason the AD did something (always with the caveat of "that's just what i was told"), and the majority of posters would call bullshit or accuse him of spreading propaganda.  i can see why that would get pretty old.
Yeah, that's what I said. See, seven knows wassup. If I were captain, I would have left well before that. Just a bunch of gE'rs regurgitating the same talking point when he's trying to help out. Nice guy.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
i'm just arguing that he didn't get PI'd.  there were obviously differences in viewpoints & logistics that go along with speaking candidly about your employer and that would obviously be a tedious position to uphold

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »
i'm just arguing that he didn't get PI'd.  there were obviously differences in viewpoints & logistics that go along with speaking candidly about your employer and that would obviously be a tedious position to uphold

:thumbsup:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2013, 10:15:49 PM »
That's fine. Ignore the PI thing. I would have been annoyed if I was him tho. Especially when he/she was just spreading the news. He was doing gods work on here. He has to stand with that position.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
yeah, crap was great and I wish he still posted

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2013, 10:29:42 PM »
He got whatever he deserved, good and bad, just like everyone else.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »

Yeah, that's what I said. See, seven knows wassup. If I were captain, I would have left well before that. Just a bunch of gE'rs regurgitating the same talking point when he's trying to help out. Nice guy.

You're both wrong. You guys do know posts are kept here this stuff is really easy to find. He posted a full year after the oscar stuff and his last post was an answer to a very innocuous question.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=78

When cc did get into trouble with other posters it had nothing to do with people getting mad at him for spreading propaganda or whatever, he had issues when he would act pious and question how good of a fan people were. Again worth noting none of this happened when he disappeared, he just left.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2013, 11:08:15 PM »
I really like the whole routine where fanning acts like he's morally superior to and/or smarter than the gE posting base like every other day or so. Keep it up, fanman! :ksu:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2013, 12:16:17 AM »
That's fine. Ignore the PI thing. I would have been annoyed if I was him tho. Especially when he/she was just spreading the news. He was doing gods work on here. He has to stand with that position.

:dubious:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2013, 04:00:08 AM »

You're both wrong. You guys do know posts are kept here this stuff is really easy to find. He posted a full year after the oscar stuff and his last post was an answer to a very innocuous question.

When cc did get into trouble with other posters it had nothing to do with people getting mad at him for spreading propaganda or whatever, he had issues when he would act pious and question how good of a fan people were. Again worth noting none of this happened when he disappeared, he just left.

yeah, i just read though a a few pages of that (back to october '12) and he was continually attacked as lying or being a mouthpiece for currie, and zero instances of him questioning the extent of someones fandom.  so... i'm not sure what you're getting angry about.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2013, 06:19:55 AM »
Either way, we all miss him.  And either way, the scoops continued without him, which just goes to show how much he rules and Fitz drools.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2013, 07:38:34 AM »

I don't recall any of that.

his very first post, what an absolute stud

Hey _FAN, just FYI, Mitch Holthaus (sp?) is apparently going on radio interviews claiming credit for inventing the "Octagon of Doom" name many moons ago.

:love:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
miss crap  :frown:
emaw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2013, 08:19:53 AM »

Hey _FAN, just FYI, Mitch Holthaus (sp?) is apparently going on radio interviews claiming credit for inventing the "Octagon of Doom" name many moons ago.

It was great to have him here.

:frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2013, 08:41:58 AM »

yeah, i just read though a a few pages of that (back to october '12) and he was continually attacked as lying or being a mouthpiece for currie, and zero instances of him questioning the extent of someones fandom.  so... i'm not sure what you're getting angry about.

Angry? What? Why didn't you go back to the Weber hire?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 08:58:01 AM »
Crap was 20% good info, 80% propaganda mouthpiece.
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »
I really like the whole routine where fanning acts like he's morally superior to and/or smarter than the gE posting base like every other day or so. Keep it up, fanman! :ksu:
My own form of trolling.  :D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2013, 09:08:29 AM »

It was great to have him here.

:frown:

Yeah guys we all miss his scoops. For those interested all of the Weber/Frank/Jamar stuff is 11-17 on his posting history. I think in retrospect he would admit that he at times came off of the rails and would have better to not reply to every Currie critique. The point is though he didn't leave because of that, or seemingly anything that any poster did, although he bmw like threatened to several times.

His posting history is full of great stuff other than the obvious facility scoops.

There's this one
Not sure where to put this, but was told today that it will soon be announced that for the second straight year, more high school seniors enrolled at K-State than any other school in the state. So, K-State is the school of choice in Kansas.

This is more _fan but still great
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3457.msg351813#msg351813

And more to the point of this topic, multiple shots at fitz like this one
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=21081.msg531864#msg531864

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2013, 09:37:23 AM »
He was doing gods work on here.
So, you're saying that CC works/worked directly for Coach Snyder? Wow! (or maybe he was a sock for Bill?  :billdance: )
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »

:thumbsup:
Maybe he just got assigned other duties? :dunno:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2013, 02:30:16 PM »
He was doing gods work on here.
So, you're saying that CC works/worked directly for Coach Snyder? Wow! (or maybe he was a sock for Bill?  :billdance: )

:rolleyes:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2013, 02:35:57 PM »
cc was a really good poster and i wished that he/she could've just been a regular poster and not some guy/gal that worked for k-state. very snarky and funny. should come back as someone else and just post.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2013, 02:37:20 PM »
CC was very sensitive about the trees thing. The more illogically defensive he got about the "no trees" banter, the more we gave him crap for the no trees thing. He couldn't handle the heat, so he got out of the kitchen.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
CC was very sensitive about the trees thing. The more illogically defensive he got about the "no trees" banter, the more we gave him crap for the no trees thing. He couldn't handle the heat, so he got out of the kitchen.

nightmare on no elm street :lol: