Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 213262 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Little known fact,  tiger board used to have the ability to go the normal message board format even though the default was sado-masochistic version you typically see.  Last I know,  they took that options away. 
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Not only those Muron's are woefully inept in football and basketball, apparently they are also inept in the classroom.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/tutor-says-she-took-exams-for-mizzou-athletes-probe-started/ar-AAkFYPs

COLUMBIA, Mo. — The University of Missouri is investigating a former tutor's allegations of academic fraud in the athletic department less than a year after the school sanctioned its men's basketball team for violating NCAA rules.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
oh man did they upgrade?

I'm a forum guy, have cruised and posted on them since ~1999.  And in that time only two have ever been in that god awful format, Tigerboard and Coverdogs, a forum dedicated to field trial birddogs, run by 90 year olds and read only by 90 year olds. 

http://members3.boardhost.com/coverdog/
Um, rivals used to be that way

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
I'm sure lots of forums I have never read have been like that, thanks for pointing that out.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not only those Muron's are woefully inept in football and basketball, apparently they are also inept in the classroom.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/tutor-says-she-took-exams-for-mizzou-athletes-probe-started/ar-AAkFYPs

COLUMBIA, Mo. — The University of Missouri is investigating a former tutor's allegations of academic fraud in the athletic department less than a year after the school sanctioned its men's basketball team for violating NCAA rules.
Man after what the NCAA did to Notre Dame, now is not the time to be screwing around.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Main difference is that MU's doesn't have any wins to take away as was the case with ND.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile

Main difference is that MU's doesn't have any wins to take away as was the case with ND.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I'm sure lots of forums I have never read have been like that, thanks for pointing that out.

clown suit delivered, fits rusty like a glove

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
An embarrassing week for the Missouri athletic department just kept getting worse on Wednesday as the school announced defensive line coach Jackie Shipp has been fired with one game left in the season.

“Jackie Shipp is no longer coaching for us, due to an internal matter where his conduct didn’t meet our expectations for coaches,” Missouri Coach Barry Odom said in a statement. “We have a very high level of expectation for our student athletes, and for our staff that applies to an even higher level.”

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, citing anonymous sources, said Shipp’s dismissal stemmed from an altercation with an MU player before Saturday’s game at Tennessee.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/missouri-fires-football-assistant-jackie-shipp/article_1db8db5b-fecb-5520-805e-ce45b40a95ee.html

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
"Have you ever been to Columbia, SC?  No way am I making that trip!"

They’ve romanticized the SEC into every town being these incredible collegial settings, with football stadiums shrouded in Magnolia Trees and Mossy Oaks.   About the only place that really fits is Ole Miss.   I know the game days at many of those places is pretty awesome, but overall, many of those towns and campuses just aren't that great.
Wait till SkinBen gets in here and starts reliving his two years in Baton Rouge

It was three years and it was miserable. Place is a rough ridin' dump.

Recently was moved to Baton Rouge and absolutely agree.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I think KU would beat Missouri. Good grief they suck.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I think KU would beat Missouri. Good grief they suck.

Sort of sad.  I have tried to watch the game against pig-aggie, but MU is just so bad.  Stadium not even half full, and now fans booing the hometown tigers.

I actually started to feel bad for them, but then I remembered it was Missouri and the feeling went away.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
They suck, but lol at KU beating them.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The "Battle Line rivalry."  :ROFL:

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
For eff's sake Arkansas. :facepalm:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Missouri is hurting.....really really bad...in sports and as a University.   :frown:   SEC SEC tho
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Missouri is hurting.....really really bad...in sports and as a University.   :frown:   SEC SEC tho

Thank you

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've been spending a lot of time in hardcore SEC land, and I can say from my personal observo's and from the discussions I've had with the natives.   That Missouri is barely even recognized as a SEC school.   

Now I'm not saying that K-State is the talk of the town in Austin, Tx.   But given the SEC-SEC-SEC narrative, and everybody loves everybody when they're not playing each other (which is a total lie) . . . it's a little surprising.  aTm gets vastly more play than Mizzou from what I've seen so far.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
I live in sec country and often forget Missouri has joined.

Who's Kentucky playing this week?

Missouri.

Why? Oh ya they're in the conference.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread
« Reply #1245 on: September 16, 2017, 06:16:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/BlairKerkhoff/status/909189218429173761

So, is that the band in the lower right, or the Purdue visitor's section?  Whatever it is, it appears to outnumber the rest of the stands on that side.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :sdeek: Stay safe M-I-Z

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
im sure there has been an active shooter situation on a campus before that was a female but I just can't recall any. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.