Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 434529 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #6750 on: May 30, 2018, 06:32:24 AM »
Where do all those kids besides 10 play?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: May 30, 2018, 06:54:09 AM »
Europe except for Zimm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 12, 2018, 11:00:32 AM »
Why no talk about beating the trash federation to the south?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: September 12, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »
 :love: :love:
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: September 12, 2018, 11:06:03 AM »
These young guys could be a lot of fun in the next cycle

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 12, 2018, 11:11:07 AM »
One thing I've seen brought up in both game broadcasts is that moving forward the US needs "veteran" leadership from the likes of Jozy, Fuckface Bradley, and Guzan.  I have no rough ridin' use for them, save Jozy in a roll him out to score goals role.  Especially Bradley was, IMO, one of the biggest failures and disappointments in this last cycle (also his "veteran leadership" is doing well for Toronto right now).  I also don't like how Guzan was unable to keep his defense organized throughout games, but that might be an issue for more discussion later.  For me, I say let this new crop go in and learn on their own.  Have quality coaching (lol some day, maybe a month or two before Gold Cup?) and allow these new guys to create their own identity.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: September 12, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »
Old guys can screw off.  Let the young guys have lots of opportunities and if we need them to backfill a few spots, we'll let them know.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: September 12, 2018, 12:54:20 PM »
requesting @MakeItRain hot take on the subject of veterans

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: September 12, 2018, 03:49:09 PM »
I don't love the idea of completely jettisoning the veterans. I do think you'll see a good mix of veterans and young guys when Berhalter, Vermes, or Marsch gets hired. It's one thing to go completely young in these friendlies without a head coach, it's a whole other thing when you're playing in tournaments and WCQs.
There are guys in the pool like Yedlin, JMo, and Nagbe who have played little to none in the last year who will be reincorporated when a head coach is named.

I'm far more interested to see what happens to MLS players who have been discarded or ignored altogether, guys like; Walker Zimmerman, Christian Ramirez, Tim Melia, Bill Hamid, Dom Dwyer, Cristan Roldan, Ike Opara, etc.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: September 13, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »
I don't love the idea of completely jettisoning the veterans. I do think you'll see a good mix of veterans and young guys when Berhalter, Vermes, or Marsch gets hired. It's one thing to go completely young in these friendlies without a head coach, it's a whole other thing when you're playing in tournaments and WCQs.
There are guys in the pool like Yedlin, JMo, and Nagbe who have played little to none in the last year who will be reincorporated when a head coach is named.

I'm far more interested to see what happens to MLS players who have been discarded or ignored altogether, guys like; Walker Zimmerman, Christian Ramirez, Tim Melia, Bill Hamid, Dom Dwyer, Cristan Roldan, Ike Opara, etc.

Roldan hasn't been ignored. He's been in the camps with the other kids, and he'll be fighting McKennie, Adams, Trapp, etc for a spot in the central midfield. I agree with the rest of this tho. Although I don't need Melia getting USMNT call-ups. Maybe a spot on the roster for the Gold Cup, but with Horvath, Steffen, Bono, and Hamid, it's more important to find the next guy than give a chance to an old(ish) who has zero distribution skill and is strictly an elite shot stopper.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: September 14, 2018, 02:19:19 AM »
I don't think Melia is too old, not even close. Hamid has more career caps and Steffen has more the last five seasons. He should have little to no wear and tear.

My bigger concern with keeper is that they push Steffen and not anoint him which seems to be happening. Heaven forbid he turns into Jesse Gonzalez.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: September 14, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »
I don't think Melia is too old, not even close. Hamid has more career caps and Steffen has more the last five seasons. He should have little to no wear and tear.

My bigger concern with keeper is that they push Steffen and not anoint him which seems to be happening. Heaven forbid he turns into Jesse Gonzalez.

It isn't happening. He's the best keeper in MLS this season. He deserves it. Horvath and Bono are getting shots among others. I am a giant Hamid fan, but he rarely stays healthy for an entire season.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: October 11, 2018, 10:04:15 PM »
Brooks again a glaring weak spot on the back line.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: November 29, 2018, 10:15:47 AM »
The recent, unexpected, rumors, of a deal, maybe, possibly, being near completion for Berhalter reminded me of the issues facing KSU in searchers.  I wonder who does a worse job of having a "search" and then hiring a more boring coach?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: November 29, 2018, 01:38:17 PM »
The recent, unexpected, rumors, of a deal, maybe, possibly, being near completion for Berhalter reminded me of the issues facing KSU in searchers.  I wonder who does a worse job of having a "search" and then hiring a more boring coach?

Berhalter job has been a done deal for months. Sure he's boring but it's a decent hire. And LittreLL isn't boring.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: March 27, 2019, 06:01:40 AM »
Any hot takes on the job GB has done?  I've been pleasantly surprised with what he has done. I hope to see continued improvement. Guys seem to be buying in. System seems to be developing well. I hope as things progress we see a bit more offensive production, which is understandable at this stage.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: March 27, 2019, 08:21:50 AM »
Yeah, things have been simply fine, nothing less, nothing more. I'll start making judgments after the gold cup.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: June 26, 2019, 08:54:31 AM »
Gold Cup game in KC against a decent team tonight!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: June 26, 2019, 09:20:11 AM »
i will be there for the stars and stripes!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: June 26, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »
Sounds like the turnout tonight has a huge deciding factor if KC gets to host a World Cup game or not, so don't screw this up for the KC economy, eff heads.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: June 26, 2019, 01:45:52 PM »
i will be there for the stars and stripes!

As will I.  With the way the bracket shaped up, I would assume the US fields pretty close to their A-Team despite already being through.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: June 26, 2019, 01:48:49 PM »
if pulisic doesn't start i will be sad

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: June 26, 2019, 03:37:45 PM »
LETS ROLL EAGLES TO RED, BLUE, AND WHITE!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: June 26, 2019, 08:05:07 PM »
Good grief, soccer dorks. We have empty seats? I’m done trying to give you guys a fair share in today’s sporting world. You just mumped KC’s future economy. SMDH. Kick rocks with this horrific boring sport. MODS, please lock this loser thread.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: June 26, 2019, 09:09:07 PM »
Looks like a pretty good crowd. The game has been a snoozer and doesn't really matter