Author Topic: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread  (Read 106178 times)

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread
« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2017, 07:30:30 PM »
Running the wildcat with Warmack on first and goal from the 2.

Just pound it up the middle 4 times with Barnes, IT"S 2 YARDS!

Or just run a FB dive to Dimel.

But then Barnes will be mad and transfer
And then Silmon will carry the rock until he wiffs on a block in the backfield and gets sat for a few game. He'll then elect to enter the draft. Then we'll go with McCoy until he scores a touchdown and fails to properly hand the ball to the referee after crossing the goal line and gets benched for the next several games and then transfers. After that we're screwed.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 13, 2017, 09:12:38 PM »
Warmack though?

And Dimel's brace is absolutely what someone typically wears with major shoulder issues.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 14, 2017, 04:25:47 AM »
Maybe Duke is just tired of playing like it's 1989?

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/930109642725785601

:ROFL: God, never thought I'd like Gundy. I hope they rough ridin' kill us on Saturday. Like, just total epic embarrassment.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 14, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »
Warmack though?

And Dimel's brace is absolutely what someone typically wears with major shoulder issues.
Warmack was 'brained two games in a row running the Wildcat and decided to hang it up instead of participate further in the battering ram offense.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 14, 2017, 08:36:06 AM »
Expect some news today, not sure what but seems like a big deal

:impatient:

Oh, here you go
https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/929748173408624643
sorry, sounds like a several prominent defensive players were announcing transfers but all is cool as of now, safe to say the locker room was ugly yesterday

My source just told me that things are not good, players threatening to transfer, and players are tired of Snyder.  Says Snyder does not even come talk with the players one on one anymore.  He is just there. He said this offseason could get bad if Snyder returns.
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 14, 2017, 08:40:18 AM »
Someone call Shannon Spradling in to facilitate the mutiny!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 14, 2017, 08:53:41 AM »
This makes some sense. I think many on the staff, especially defense, were thinking this was the final year going into the season. Hayes, Mo, and Fabris aren't in this for the long haul, so I can see as the season continues to turn south that the attitude within the locker room will as well.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 14, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
I thought mo retired with del
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 14, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »
Sean can fix it.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 14, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »

No, he's still on staff.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 14, 2017, 12:13:19 PM »

No, he's still on staff.
Can you become Interior Defensive Line Coach Emeritus?

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 14, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »
Someone call Shannon Spradling in to facilitate the mutiny!

:ROFL:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 14, 2017, 01:07:26 PM »

No, he's still on staff.

it is quite possible that both statements are true

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 14, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
Okay, I in no means am posting this to back track on the point of this thread, but....

Sometimes kids mess up in a major way...

Case in point; here is our last TD drive, 2 back formation and Warmack breaks off his biggest run of the day. https://youtu.be/d0wbL4MYub4?t=4798

Note, its a nice inside zone with the FB going left while the oline zone steps right. Warmack has the option to read the defense and follow his FB left or cut back to the right. He makes the correct decision and breaks off a great run.

Now, let's fast forward to our next drive, the ill fated drive to end the first half. The first play here is the same running game concept, though the formation is different. Last time we ran the ball to the TE side with twin receivers opposite. This time the run is the twins side, with another split receiver opposite. https://youtu.be/d0wbL4MYub4?t=5330

Regardless, we get nearly the same blocks by the front, with the FB going opposite. Plus, we have the 2 receivers to help seal a LB and the CB.

For some reason Warmack decides to cut back with the FB, when the oline again has the defensive front sealed. It may not have broken for another long run, but probably gains at least 5 yards.

Now, none of that excuses the final play. https://youtu.be/d0wbL4MYub4?t=5362

To me it looks pretty clear that not everyone got the play call, and Risner definitely didn't. First, even though its a screen, Risner locks out and looks to be blocking in regular pass protection.

Clearly, Risner's look toward Thompson afterwards shows he did not know what the play was.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 14, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
Why are we the only team that can't run a "pick" play without getting penalized?  Poor coaching?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 14, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
Because we do it on damn near every pass play.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 14, 2017, 03:11:30 PM »

I need to find it in the youtube video, the one we got called for seemed pretty suspect to me, but its hard to tell at the game. It certainly didn't seem any more like interference than the one at Tech.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 14, 2017, 03:12:15 PM »
Okay, I in no means am posting this to back track on the point of this thread, but....

Sometimes kids mess up in a major way...

Case in point; here is our last TD drive, 2 back formation and Warmack breaks off his biggest run of the day. https://youtu.be/d0wbL4MYub4?t=4798

Note, its a nice inside zone with the FB going left while the oline zone steps right. Warmack has the option to read the defense and follow his FB left or cut back to the right. He makes the correct decision and breaks off a great run.

Now, let's fast forward to our next drive, the ill fated drive to end the first half. The first play here is the same running game concept, though the formation is different. Last time we ran the ball to the TE side with twin receivers opposite. This time the run is the twins side, with another split receiver opposite. https://youtu.be/d0wbL4MYub4?t=5330

Regardless, we get nearly the same blocks by the front, with the FB going opposite. Plus, we have the 2 receivers to help seal a LB and the CB.

For some reason Warmack decides to cut back with the FB, when the oline again has the defensive front sealed. It may not have broken for another long run, but probably gains at least 5 yards.

Now, none of that excuses the final play. https://youtu.be/d0wbL4MYub4?t=5362

To me it looks pretty clear that not everyone got the play call, and Risner definitely didn't. First, even though its a screen, Risner locks out and looks to be blocking in regular pass protection.

Clearly, Risner's look toward Thompson afterwards shows he did not know what the play was.

Good breakdown, when did you go back and watch? I normally rewatch games I attend in person but I couldn't do it this time.

Are Dimel and Risner both ahead of the LOS on that "screen?" Why are there only three visible lineman? Did the others get that far up field?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 14, 2017, 03:17:32 PM »

I need to find it in the youtube video, the one we got called for seemed pretty suspect to me, but its hard to tell at the game. It certainly didn't seem any more like interference than the one at Tech.

I'm having a hard thumbs remembering which was which but I saw one of them and agreed with it the other I didn't see. The one I think I remember was on Gruntley and it was about 15 yards downfield. It's tough to tell whether or not he was running a rub but he definitely made contact with both DBs, you can't really judge intent. And like I said we run so many rubs that we aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt if the opposing coaches are always chirping about it.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 14, 2017, 03:27:42 PM »
It's been called on our opponents a few times this year too, we aren't the only team who gets caught

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »
It's been called on our opponents a few times this year too, we aren't the only team who gets caught

No one said we were. I remember one called against our opponent. It was a point of emphasis either two or three years ago.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »

No one said we were. I remember one called against our opponent. It was a point of emphasis either two or three years ago.

Why are we the only team that can't run a "pick" play without getting penalized?  Poor coaching?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
Are Dimel and Risner both ahead of the LOS on that "screen?" Why are there only three visible lineman? Did the others get that far up field?

The center and both guards released to go block. They are all beyond the LOS, which is legal because Dimel is still behind the LOS. Risner should have been "blocking" but letting the DE get up field outside like Frantz does at the top, but again I don't think he got the play call correctly.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 14, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »
So what do you think this means _fan? Warmack hasn't seen the field much for some reason. Maybe staff doesn't think he gets it as far as making good reads? The mixed signals on the screen: Is it on Risner or Thompson? Seems like Risner, and is that lack of overall team focus, which seems to have plagued the Cats this year. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #699 on: November 14, 2017, 09:42:36 PM »
Risner was clearly confused as to what the hell was going on, that much was apparent during the play and after. It's understandable given the wtf play call that made absolutely no sense under the circumstances and could not have possibly put us into a position to score.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd