Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 219143 times)

The Big Train

Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #1050 on: February 09, 2018, 02:12:32 PM »
Bought the bot you guys.  I will report back how it's going once it is up and running.  I'm waiting on Binance to fix their issues before I bring it online.

Is it like a standalone program or is it a web interface you input your price points?

https://profittrailer.com/

This is it.  Also bought an add-in that adjusts buy and sell points based on real time market conditions.  From what I have read and heard, it should minimize the number of bags you have to hold.

Yeah I read about it when you originally posted it but I didn’t know if it was just a mobile friendly website interface or what from the pictures.  Hopefully it just uses the API from whatever exchange and uses your own account rather than storing your coins on their servers.  Interested to see how it works.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 09, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »
I just bought more TRX.  Man if it takes off i'll be a king.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 09, 2018, 03:21:00 PM »
anyone into hot sexy icos? so far i got some shopin, planning on others soon. dont know anything about them though, i'm just copying people way smarter about crypto than me

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 09, 2018, 04:21:33 PM »
Bought the bot you guys.  I will report back how it's going once it is up and running.  I'm waiting on Binance to fix their issues before I bring it online.

Is it like a standalone program or is it a web interface you input your price points?

This is it.  Also bought an add-in that adjusts buy and sell points based on real time market conditions.  From what I have read and heard, it should minimize the number of bags you have to hold.

Yeah I read about it when you originally posted it but I didn’t know if it was just a mobile friendly website interface or what from the pictures.  Hopefully it just uses the API from whatever exchange and uses your own account rather than storing your coins on their servers.  Interested to see how it works.

You use the API and from what I understand it buys and sells for you on Binance.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #1054 on: February 09, 2018, 04:29:00 PM »

You use the API and from what I understand it buys and sells for you on Binance.

Cool.  Hopefully it works pretty well.  I’ve looked at creating bots on GDAX and the API is pretty easy to use and intuitive.  The hard part is designing a good algorithm for trading especially as the price actively changes.  If I had more time to devote to creating a good one I might sell it too. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 10, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »

Cool.  Hopefully it works pretty well.  I’ve looked at creating bots on GDAX and the API is pretty easy to use and intuitive.  The hard part is designing a good algorithm for trading especially as the price actively changes.  If I had more time to devote to creating a good one I might sell it too. 

I started it up last night without the Feeder add in running.  Will get that going today.  So far has made a few buys and sells.  I have it configured that when BTC starts jumping it goes in to sell only mode...so it hasn't been doing a lot yet.  I do have it configured to send me Telegram messages when it starts, shuts down, and makes buys and sells.  Pretty cool so far.  It is probably going to take a few weeks to tweak the buy and sell settings beyond what the feeder add in is going to do.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #1057 on: February 10, 2018, 12:34:03 PM »

I started it up last night without the Feeder add in running.  Will get that going today.  So far has made a few buys and sells.  I have it configured that when BTC starts jumping it goes in to sell only mode...so it hasn't been doing a lot yet.  I do have it configured to send me Telegram messages when it starts, shuts down, and makes buys and sells.  Pretty cool so far.  It is probably going to take a few weeks to tweak the buy and sell settings beyond what the feeder add in is going to do.

Interesting.  Can you set percentage changes based on last X hours for the buys and sells?  Are you using any triangle charting to help with your buy/sell strategy?  Typically I set buys and sells between 4-8% above or below where the market is currently if it’s rising or dropping.  The highest peaks and lowest valleys usually hit those percentages only for a few minutes so I try and catch them.  I would love to see the algorithm they use for that bot and what statistic they put the most weight on.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 10, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »
The profit feeder add in utilizes real time market data and constantly updates buy sell strategies based on that.  You can tweak it to do about anything based on how aggressive you want to be.  It will also DCA your bags if you want it to.  Sounds like utilizing that feature has the potential to eat up a bunch of your trading budget pretty quickly though.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #1059 on: February 10, 2018, 01:14:42 PM »
:thumbs:

The Big Train

« Reply #1060 on: February 10, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »
Never never never ever keep large amounts of coins on the exchanges for long periods of time.

https://themerkle.com/150-million-worth-of-nano-allegedly-stolen-from-cryptocurrency-exchange-bitgrail

The Big Train

« Reply #1061 on: February 10, 2018, 09:43:21 PM »
List similar to the one I posted from Lopp’s website a couple weeks ago.  Great list of resources about the entire industry.

https://a16z.com/2018/02/10/crypto-readings-resources/

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 11, 2018, 10:39:43 PM »
This bot deal is pretty cool.  So many settings you can tweak.  Probably going to take a few weeks to figure out the sweet spot.  Cool deal about is that when it makes a buy/sell or if it quits running you get a telegram message with the details.  Really excited about the possibilities with this thing.
@mikec2w

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 11, 2018, 10:41:52 PM »
Also, for those of you using Binance, I hear rumors that they are going to allow you to convert your dust to BNB at some point.  That should help to clean things up moving forward.
@mikec2w

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 12, 2018, 07:12:41 PM »

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: February 13, 2018, 09:35:08 AM »
Do any of you guys use Telegram?  Any interest in creating an EMAW Crypto group?
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #1066 on: February 13, 2018, 10:40:23 AM »
Do any of you guys use Telegram?  Any interest in creating an EMAW Crypto group?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/telegram-0-day-used-to-spread-monero-and-zcash-mining-malware/

I don’t use it but would be interested.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 13, 2018, 10:42:39 AM »

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/telegram-0-day-used-to-spread-monero-and-zcash-mining-malware/

Sign up for it and PM me your username and I will create the group.  We can see where this thing goes at that point.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #1068 on: February 13, 2018, 10:48:39 AM »

Sign up for it and PM me your username and I will create the group.  We can see where this thing goes at that point.

Pretty easy when your gE username is available without spaces.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 13, 2018, 10:53:36 AM »
Here is the link if you want to join the Telegram group.

https://t.me/joinchat/Hw-ZYg8x5-Zsw5V_wpz0OQ
@mikec2w

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #1071 on: February 14, 2018, 07:26:56 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 14, 2018, 07:31:22 AM »
Yea man here we go
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 14, 2018, 08:17:38 AM »
TBT do you focus on the non monetary applications of blockchain? I'm in the transportation industry (truck driver) and my company recently joined the BiTA (Blockchain in Transport Alliance) which is trying to develop the guidelines/frame work for using blockchain to track track goods being transported.

Read this pretty neat article this morning.

http://www.foodbusinessnews.net/articles/news_home/Food_Safety_News/2018/02/The_buzz_on_blockchain.aspx?ID={E2C15DE4-542E-4EBD-B273-DD83B0D904A3}

TL:DR
Executives of Walmart, Inc., Bentonville, Ark., needed a couple seconds to see how blockchain technology might improve their food supply chain.

Walmart first tested its conventional way of tracing mangoes at the store back to their origin. It took nearly seven days, said Brigid McDermott, vice-president of food safety for IBM, Armonk, N.Y., which is working with Walmart on blockchain technology.

Then the same test was done with blockchain technology. It took 2.2 seconds.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:20:44 AM by ben ji »

The Big Train

« Reply #1074 on: February 14, 2018, 08:25:18 AM »
TBT do you focus on the non monetary applications of blockchain? I'm in the transportation industry (truck driver) and my company recently joined the BiTA (Blockchain in Transport Alliance) which is trying to develop the guidelines/frame work for using blockchain to track track goods being transported.

Read this pretty neat article this morning.

http://www.foodbusinessnews.net/articles/news_home/Food_Safety_News/2018/02/The_buzz_on_blockchain.aspx?ID={E2C15DE4-542E-4EBD-B273-DD83B0D904A3}

TL:DR
Executives of Walmart, Inc., Bentonville, Ark., needed a couple seconds to see how blockchain technology might improve their food supply chain.

Walmart first tested its conventional way of tracing mangoes at the store back to their origin. It took nearly seven days, said Brigid McDermott, vice-president of food safety for IBM, Armonk, N.Y., which is working with Walmart on blockchain technology.

Then the same test was done with blockchain technology. It took 2.2 seconds.

Oh yeah I do. I’ve said it before but it’s a truly disruptive technology that can be applied to so many areas. Bitcoin was just the first killer application of blockchain. I’ll give that article a read when I get some time today.