Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3990726 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #19275 on: June 11, 2016, 12:23:10 PM »
Well, aesthetically, Stanford's stadium has a single, coherent design that doesn't look like a bunch of separate projects cobbled together like ours. Also, a there's nothing wrong with a little asymmetry, but our stadium is extremely asymmetrical and the propotions are all mumped up in several ways including east to west and WSC to bowl seating.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19276 on: June 11, 2016, 12:23:22 PM »
They're both pretty average so wgaf

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19277 on: June 11, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »
Well, aesthetically, Stanford's stadium has a single, coherent design that doesn't look like a bunch of separate projects cobbled together like ours. Also, a there's nothing wrong with a little asymmetry, but our stadium is extremely asymmetrical and the propotions are all mumped up in several ways including east to west and WSC to bowl seating.

no way bro, we have more luxury seating so ours is better

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19278 on: June 11, 2016, 03:33:03 PM »
The thing about Kim Carnes is he has a pea sized brain and the maturity of a 12 year old. So reading his posts is not good for intelligent ppl. It will set you back in time.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19279 on: June 11, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »
^^^guy who lies about his career on a ksu sports blog

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19280 on: June 11, 2016, 03:45:52 PM »
 :lol: someone's jealous :love:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19281 on: June 11, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »
U r so crazy bro

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #19282 on: June 11, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »
I don't like Kim because he's predictable
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19283 on: June 11, 2016, 03:54:12 PM »
I don't like Kim because he's predictable
He was fun at first, but his thing is played out. :frown:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19284 on: June 11, 2016, 03:55:30 PM »

Easy fix. Keep circling around the stadium doing different upgrades each time until it evens out. Kind of like evening your sideburns.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: June 11, 2016, 06:18:50 PM »

Easy fix. Keep circling around the stadium doing different upgrades each time until it evens out. Kind of like evening your sideburns.

chum is spot on. And yes, there are ways they can do the south and east to add symmetry but I have absolutely no reason to believe they'll do it that way.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19286 on: June 11, 2016, 06:39:04 PM »
When my mom was in town a few weeks ago she got on the topic about how she is doing a lot of work at/with stanford right now and how she liked the campus. I told her it looks like a taco bell and she really enjoyed that and said she was going to tell her colleagues the same.

Really neat story, thanks for sharing.   :thumbsup:   #neat

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: June 11, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
Sports architecture neophytes and no-nothings apparently don't get that symmetry is extremely passe'. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19288 on: June 11, 2016, 06:44:08 PM »
When my mom was in town a few weeks ago she got on the topic about how she is doing a lot of work at/with stanford right now and how she liked the campus. I told her it looks like a taco bell and she really enjoyed that and said she was going to tell her colleagues the same.

I'll try to get a follow up to relay their reactions but I imagine they all get a good chuckle from it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19289 on: June 11, 2016, 07:28:21 PM »

I'll try to get a follow up to relay their reactions but I imagine they all get a good chuckle from it.

Please do, I love a good chuckle.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19290 on: June 12, 2016, 01:46:36 AM »
When you throw symmetry out the window you get abominations like Levi Stadium.  Or Cornell's thing.  Or Brown's  :sdeek:.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #19291 on: June 12, 2016, 08:37:32 AM »
When you throw symmetry out the window you get abominations like Levi Stadium.  Or Cornell's thing.  Or Brown's  :sdeek:.

Levi's stadium is the wave of the future.   If you look, it actually has a lot of symmetry while putting lots of expensive suites closer to the field and along the sideline.   That's what people who spend millions on suites want.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19292 on: June 12, 2016, 10:45:49 AM »

Levi's stadium is the wave of the future.   If you look, it actually has a lot of symmetry while putting lots of expensive suites closer to the field and along the sideline.   That's what people who spend millions on suites want.
It's horrific looking.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19293 on: June 12, 2016, 11:05:41 AM »
Yeah, based on online reviews, almost no one thinks Levi's Stadium looks good and lots of people think it looks bad. And this is what we were actually discussing.

Many people do also talk about how it was designed for people with lots of money to come in and spend lots of money, but they do so as a CRITICSM, saying that it sucks for average fans and has a crap atmosphere. Maybe that's what K-State is going for?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19294 on: June 12, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »
There are 2 things wrong with Levi's stadium. The location is way too far south, and the name is stupid
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19295 on: June 12, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
also it looks extremely stupid and has a design that will be seen in 25 years as a majorly lol attempt at being modern.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19296 on: June 12, 2016, 04:07:29 PM »
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft....

LLLLLOLLLL
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19297 on: June 12, 2016, 04:13:26 PM »

LLLLLOLLLL

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #19298 on: June 12, 2016, 04:19:37 PM »
It's home to an NFL team, so it's going to be expensive.   Hell its $35 to $40 bucks for a pre game omelet and 1 Bloody Mary on the club level of Arrowhead.   

Plus, are you reading Google reviews? AKA the place where people who like to bitch go to bitch about everything.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19299 on: June 12, 2016, 04:20:53 PM »

LLLLLOLLLL

Tell me about it. It actually looks much better and more balanced from that angle than it does from the inside. I guess maybe this whole time when I've said stadiums need symmetry, I should actually have been using the word "balance."  I think I care more about a good balance than about actual symmetry. I think.