Author Topic: Potential oscar replacements? (mods plz merge. Can't find an old thread on this)  (Read 39416 times)

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Mike Anderson thinks Hoiberg is coming back to college hoops, the Mayor would be fantastic

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Larry Eustachy
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The top would be Hoiberg.

The best Huggins type hire is Sampson.

The best K-State connection hire is obviously Brad. Some may say Jank or the real big reach of Steve Henson.

The best up and comer coach is tougher. Archie Miller is clearly the best, but a long shot. Will Wade (Shaka's replacement at VCU) has had success, but at only 2 years each at 2 schools). Kevin Keatts at UNC Willmington looks like he might be a solid young coach. Some might say Dan Muller at Illinois State, but this is really his first really good year. I'm sure there are others and someone will only become an up and comer when they win a NCAA game or two as underdogs.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Thunder Dan!
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Jank -- does he have deep enough recruiting relationships to get decent talent to MHK?

Realistically, he can probably be had, but it may be equally likely he colossally fails or wildly succeeds.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I would like to think he helped Larry Brown bring in some of those studs at SMU, but who knows.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

The best K-State connection hire is obviously Brad. Some may say Jank or the real big reach of Steve Henson.

The best up and comer coach is tougher. Archie Miller is clearly the best, but a long shot. Will Wade (Shaka's replacement at VCU) has had success, but at only 2 years each at 2 schools). Kevin Keatts at UNC Willmington looks like he might be a solid young coach. Some might say Dan Muller at Illinois State, but this is really his first really good year. I'm sure there are others and someone will only become an up and comer when they win a NCAA game or two as underdogs.

I'd take Sampson or Miller in a heartbeat.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
SMU has four 3 start recruits for next year.  Every year under Brown they had at least 1 four star or higher.  They did get a 4 star last year from Australia.  I am assuming that he knew Brown would be gone for this year and stuck with Jank.

Kinda meh on Jank.  5 years at Illinois St and never made the NCAA tournament.  Basically a .500 record at North Texas.  Hard to judge him this year because it's mostly Brown's players.

:Yuck: on Henson...not enough data.

Would take Hoi or Sampson without hesitation.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Why not Lon?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why not Lon?

He's never coming back.

And if we want to talk about the death of K-State basketball, it goes straight to Lon. When we established that a K-State grad who went to 4 straight NCAA tournaments and an Elite 8 left us, what do you think that said about K-State basketball to future coaches?

Then we luck into Frank and we all know what happened there.

We are what we are at this point.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Archie Miller is holding out for a top 10 job. Replace his name with Chris Holtmann

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
puffdad wrote:
Best candidates would be Clint Kinnamon and/or Kurt Kinnamon.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Orlando Antigua is available!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Archie Miller is holding out for a top 10 job. Replace his name with Chris Holtmann

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/miller-highest-paid-coach-atlantic/2f8Jru3hw6UF6JAZzehtgP/

you think if we offered to double his salary which isn't too much for us, he still wouldn't come?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Will Wade would be a slamma jamma here. He just got signed last year to a pretty long term deal though and not sure what that buyout would entail

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
the only non brad underwood, non oscar weber name i've heard mentioned that interests me even a tiny bit is one being brought up on gpc.  steve forbes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
what's the board's opinion on hiring perry ellis?

Too old

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/miller-highest-paid-coach-atlantic/2f8Jru3hw6UF6JAZzehtgP/

you think if we offered to double his salary which isn't too much for us, he still wouldn't come?

He is a frequent topic on the eye on college basketball podcast and they have had him turn down jobs similar to ours. He's pretty obviously been called by P5 schools the last few years.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You still call him.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Lowery.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lowery.

I think you gotta let oscar go today, and let Lowery audition over the next few weeks.

The future is this fresh/soph class, and he'd keep them together for a couple more NIT runs the next few years.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Only Archie Miller: