Author Topic: Is Will Spradling actually going to leave?  (Read 7370 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Is Will Spradling actually going to leave?
« on: May 20, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »
Day One: Dodge City

May 20, 2014
By Kelly McHugh

DODGE CITY, Kansas – Before heading West for the week with K-State Athletics, Voice of the Wildcats Wyatt Thompson told me the best part about going out on the Catbacker Tour was meeting so many great people who simply love K-State.

Well, after my first day on the “Western Swing” – a five-day trip where K-State Athletics and the K-State Alumni Association partner up and visit a different town in Western Kansas each day – I have found that is absolutely true.

Yesterday, I traveled with a group of K-State student-athletes and staff to Dodge City for a day filled with golf, kids activities and an evening banquet where Dodge City’s most passionate Wildcat fans had the opportunity to meet with some of their favorite K-State student-athletes and coaches.

From the second we arrived at the Dodge City Country Club to play golf, we were surrounded by passionate K-Staters ready to have a great day.

“The golfing is a big draw,” explained Rob Sowers, the man in charge of the Dodge City Catbackers Club. “You have the same golfers every year because they like to golf with the K-State people, and it doesn’t matter what K-Stater, they just like to golf with somebody. That’s the way we get more golfers each year because they go out and say, ‘Hey, I got to golf with Curry Sexton or Will Spradling,’ and that’s really neat.”

Student-ahletes traveling on this year’s Western Swing are football players B.J. Finney, Curry Sexton, Laton Dowling and Cody Whitehair while men’s basketball players Will Spradling and D.J. Johnson and equestrian’s Cara Guy and Jessie Johnson are also along for the ride.

“People look forward to this every year,” continued Sowers. “They come out for it because of the student-athletes and the coaches, that’s the big draw for everybody.”

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Will Spradling actually going to leave?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:01:50 AM »
Nice. Its like the "Will Spradling Farewell Tour".

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »
Nice. Its like the "Will Spradling Farewell GTFO Tour".

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 10:18:04 AM »
He probably just decided that now that he ditched the sleeves, he'd better make the western swing to finally try those nuts at Scott City. Too little, too late, Will.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »
Prob our next AD in training just learning the ropes, literally (hayseed burn).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »
his banner will one day hang in the rafters at the OOD

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »

0% chance.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »
Playing to his base.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 12:48:11 PM »

agreed and it will be glorious.  a team leader to the end, his mark left in MHK is indelible.  the sense of tradition he's created at the OOD is palpable. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »
As long as it runs directly into another banner, head first, when it moves, I am fine with it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »

agreed and it will be glorious.  a team leader to the end, his mark left in MHK is indelible.  the sense of tradition he's created at the OOD is palpable.

You are really digging on the word "palpable" these days.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
will spradling, a wildcat true and true, fighting, ever fighting for a wildcat victory, for you!

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 02:02:12 PM »
I'm sure a lot of agricultural related business cards change hands on his Western Kansas tour.

"Hi, I'm Will Spradling, and I'm a regional manager for KIOGA here in Hays, Kansas," seems like something you'll hear in the next few years.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
I'm not sure Will could cut it in the ag world.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »
I'm sure a lot of agricultural related business cards change hands on his Western Kansas tour.

"Hi, I'm Will Spradling, and I'm a regional manager for KIOGA here in Hays, Kansas," seems like something you'll hear in the next few years.

He is totally going to get that job when he is assist regional and tells the regional VP that the entire sales and distribution side is going to quit if the regional manager isn't fired.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »

He is totally going to get that job when he is assist regional and tells the regional VP that the entire sales and distribution side is going to quit if the regional manager isn't fired.

:lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »
i bet his induction speech to the wildcat hall of fame is attended by all the wildcat greats and i'm sure most jayhawk greats too, out of respect

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »
i bet his induction speech to the wildcat hall of fame is attended by all the wildcat greats and i'm sure most jayhawk greats too, out of respect

Bob Chipman?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 04:43:43 PM »
chipman?  i can't imagine why not, massive wildcat great. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 04:46:21 PM »
I'm not sure Will could cut it in the ag world.

But it's (Western KS) where most of his supporters not named his parents reside.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:58 AM »
Kids Clinics Providing Fun for Wildcat Fans

May 21, 2014
By Kelly McHugh

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to shoot three pointers with Will Spradling?

:D

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My takeaway is that in the future, when talking bad about Will Spradling, take a screenshot of the tweet or whatever and upload it to instagram and @ him there.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »
Spradling Ready for Roads Ahead

May 25, 2014
By Kelly McHugh

Life since graduation has been good for K-State basketball’s Will Spradling.

After a memorable career in which he finished in the top 10 on 11 different charts, on May 17 he graduated from K-State with a dual degree in general and HR management. Since K-State fans last saw him in action, he’s signed with an agent who he hopes can find him a good fit with a professional team in Europe and has spent a lot of time with his fiancé, Meagan Moylan, planning their upcoming wedding. 

Over his four years at K-State Spradling helped the Wildcats to a record of 92-43, made it to the NCAA tournament four times and, in 2013, was a part of K-State’s first conference Championship since 1977.

Finally able to sit back and rest after four busy years on the court, things are going well for the hard-nosed, gritty guard.

Sports Extra was able to catch up with Spradling last week during his five-day trip touring around Western Kansas on the Catbacker Tour’s Western Swing.

Here’s what he had to say:

On his future of potentially playing professional basketball, Spradling said, “I’ve signed with an agent in Spain and right now it’s just kind of a waiting game to see if he can find some teams that will sign me and get me a contract. Hopefully, late August or September I’ll be going over seas and playing professional basketball.

“I’ve been lucky to be able to take trips these past three summers through different programs; we went to Brazil as a team and last year I was able to go to Belgium, Holland, London and Germany to play against other professional teams. I’ve gotten a taste of it and I loved it. So I have an idea of what it will be like, and hopefully that idea will come true.”

On graduating and what earning his degree means to him, “It’s up there with one of the best. Obviously basketball only lasts so long, so having that degree is really something that I can fall back on and it goes a long way.”

On his engagement he said, “We’ve got just about everything done, now it’s just about sitting and waiting, only two more months.”

Spradling and Moylan have been together for nearly three years and, during the Catbacker Tour when Spradling had the opportunity to talk with numerous Wildcat fans, his upcoming wedding was always a highlight of conversation.

On the tour, he told a story about how Moylan would help him out in the gym despite both of their crazy schedules.

“She works full time so we’d either have to get up early or go late at night,” he continued. “She’d go rebound for me, we’d do some drills and she’d pass for me. She’s just always been there for me and it’s nice to have that support. There’s not a lot of girls that would want to do that and that’s something that really set her apart from all the others.”

Now that it’s all said and done, Spradling has also spent some time reflecting back on his Wildcat career. He said during the season when people would ask him about his various accolades, he hadn’t really thought about them.

“Obviously people kept asking me that question during the season, but I wasn’t really looking in the past then,” he said. “Now that it’s all over, it’s fun to just look back on it and see all the accomplishments that I had and that the team had. It’s really cool to think that you accomplished things like that.

“Winning a Big 12 Championship which hasn’t been done in a long time, four NCAA Tournaments in a row; there are not a lot of people who can say they’ve done that. I’m proud to be a part of that and to be a part of this K-State Basketball program that really got turned around.”

We hope you enjoy K-State Sports Extra. We would like to hear your comments and any story ideas for future emails, so fire them our way. Contact Kelly McHugh, or K-State Assistant AD for Communications Kenny Lannou.

I hope he ends up on newem's team and it leads to newem finding us again, albeit to ask "TF is this guy?"

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 10:34:20 AM »
Kids Clinics Providing Fun for Wildcat Fans

May 21, 2014
By Kelly McHugh

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to shoot three pointers with Will Spradling?

:D

Not really, I think I know how that would go: If you make the first one and he misses, he just starts passing you the ball as the pressure is too big.