Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 296192 times)

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread
« Reply #725 on: September 12, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »
After Hill left I thought are evaluation of incoming players went down hill. Baker should of got a preferred walk on easily. Angel and Gip our  the only players that pan out during that time.

:)

Good lawd!   :sdeek:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 13, 2014, 09:34:43 AM »
It is cold in Reno Kansasland this morning.  Just like recruiting news - does this mean we are done for this cycle.  It seems like we get the cold shoulder from traditional tall froshmen centers.  Even that 7'5" Taco Sticko guy seemed to have no interest.  Relying on Juco and transfers for centers seems risky.  Any thoughts as to why we can't recruit these type of players? Do we want to? Are they needed to win in the tournament?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 13, 2014, 10:18:59 AM »
Reno. Take a break, bud.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 13, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »
It is cold in Reno Kansasland this morning.  Just like recruiting news - does this mean we are done for this cycle.  It seems like we get the cold shoulder from traditional tall froshmen centers.  Even that 7'5" Taco Sticko guy seemed to have no interest.  Relying on Juco and transfers for centers seems risky.  Any thoughts as to why we can't recruit these type of players? Do we want to? Are they needed to win in the tournament?
We don't nerd centers, it's not 1986 anymore
:adios:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 13, 2014, 10:43:10 PM »
KC star says xWhomper has committed.  Can anyone confirm?  What is the scoop on him? ADD Info from Ellis Robinett's
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:50:52 PM by renocat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 13, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
KC star says xWhomper has committed.  Can anyone confirm?  What is the scoop on him?

KC Star says that and you're asking if someone can confirm? Yes, I can confirm. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Dante-Williams-143222

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 13, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »
KC star says xWhomper has committed.  Can anyone confirm?  What is the scoop on him? ADD Info from Ellis Robinett's
I checked with my sources and its confirmed

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 13, 2014, 11:43:49 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation.  I live in limited tech area.  Sounds like my wish this morning for a big center came true.  One source has him at 6'10  another at 7 foot. He is suppose to be very atheletic.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 13, 2014, 11:54:34 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation.  I live in limited tech area.  Sounds like my wish this morning for a big center came true.  One source has him at 6'10  another at 7 foot. He is suppose to be very atheletic.

Does the internet you connect to gE with not allow you to connect to the rest of the inter webs?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #734 on: September 14, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »

Does the internet you connect to gE with not allow you to connect to the rest of the inter webs? page 27 of this thread?

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 14, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »

Texas center xWhomper is one of the most athletic seven-footers to come through the grassroots system in recent memory. The 2015 big moves like a taller and more fluid Serge Ibaka, running the floor gracefully and flying across the lane to block shots that look out of reach. He is still raw offensively and disappeared at times, but if he can put it all together and learn to use his athleticism, the results could be scary.
[/quote]
i'm not 100% clear on what "grassroots system" is in reference to?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 14, 2014, 03:53:33 PM »
Pot drugs

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 14, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »
The 2015 big moves like a taller and more fluid Serge Ibaka

i will use this as my reference point for evaluation of Dante's career at Kansas State

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 16, 2014, 04:23:26 PM »
didn't realize The Flush played on the same AAU team as Blakeney. as for why he might be underrated, maybe blakeney eats up minutes and makes all other guards on the court look like dogshit. found some vids that confirm brown's elite swag and more importantly his ability to shoot consistently beyond the arc

for every entertaining moment there are two equally unentertaining ones

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:23:26 PM by uncle clean jeans »

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 16, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »
Williams goes by Hales-Williams , and he plays at Bowie High School in Arlington, TX.  I googled Dante Hales and Bowie High School and found some neat stuff.  Dante Hales was on an Adidas Euroteam with guys like Thon Maker and his brother, along with other 5 stars; I hope this Dante is Hales-Williams.  If so, they found a good one.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 23, 2014, 10:05:58 AM »
In orange and blue indian baskeball sporting news:

Jalen Brunson (composite 5*-#18)___(2015 PG)___Committed to Jay Wright's philly cats
Jalen Coleman (composite 4*-#33)____(2015 CG)___Officially visited Illinois Sep 20
Jawun Evans (composite 5*-#21)____(2015 PG)___Officially visited Illinois Sep 05
Shake Milton (composite 4*-#84)_____(2015 CG)____cancelled Illinois official/IU lean
Doral Moore (composite 4*-#58)____(2015 C)____Official visit to Illinois Sep 26
Elijah Thomas (composite 4*-#27)____(2015 PF)___Officially visited Illinois Sep 18
Jimmy Whitt (composite 4*-#56)_____(2015 PG)___Committed to pig aggie

Aaron Jordan (composite 4*-#105)_____(2015 SG)____Committed to Illinois
D.J. Williams (composite 4*-#62)_____(2015 SF)____Committed to Illinois

I will be sure to keep everyone abreast of the situation as it develops.  #dossies

Coleman visited this past weekend with Thomas.  Reportedly down to UNLV and Illinois.  Illinois leads on the CB with 67%.

As for Thomas:
Elijah Thomas told @ebosshoops that #illini are his leader. Coaches, players, fans made a big impression.

Groce has an in-home visit with Evans today. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 23, 2014, 10:11:24 AM »
Losing a recruit to UNLV would be heart breaking. This should be an easy land. I wonder how his best friend, Admon Gilder, recruiting is going. I don't want to see SMU pick up another high quality local cruit.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 23, 2014, 10:22:14 AM »
Losing a recruit to UNLV would be heart breaking. This should be an easy land. I wonder how his best friend, Admon Gilder, recruiting is going. I don't want to see SMU pick up another high quality local cruit.

Coleman seems like he should be wrapped up, but Illinois does not land elite Indiana talent ever.  Shouldn't matter, but it's been the case all the way back through Lon, Bill and oscar.  He's really rough ridin' good.  Amazing three-point shooter.  I want him more than Evans even.  :crossfingers:

As for Thomas, I just can't see us landing a highly-rated Texas big.  Seems out of character for Illinois hoops.  It reeks of a 2nd place Illinois finish like with Jalen Brunson, Cliff Alexander, and Demetrius Jackson recently.  He'll pick one of the local schools at a press conference and Illinois will be right there to have its dicked squarely kicked.  crap's mumped.

Word on Moore is he's just begging for a Kentucky offer and then he's theirs.  If they don't want him, seems Illinois might be the favorite. :dunno:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 23, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
Get one of Evans or Coleman and one of Thomas or Moore to go along with Williams and Jordan and it's better than any oscar or Lon Illinois classes and second to only the Dee/Deron/Augustine class for Bill. 

Plus if we get Evans/Coleman and Thomas, then maybe Carlton Bragg decides to hop on board  Then we're talking GRCOAT.  Wow!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »
If we don't get two of those four though, man am I going to be mother mumping pissed off.  I will have some hard feelings.  I'm not getting any younger and I'm rough ridin' tired of mediocre hoops.  eff. That. crap.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 23, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »
I feel like talking some mumping hoops and there really isn't crap to talk about.  I want the season to start. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 23, 2014, 12:25:13 PM »
In orange and blue indian baskeball sporting news:

Jalen Brunson (composite 5*-#18)___(2015 PG)___Committed to Jay Wright's philly cats
Jalen Coleman (composite 4*-#33)____(2015 CG)___Officially visited Illinois Sep 20
Jawun Evans (composite 5*-#21)____(2015 PG)___Officially visited Illinois Sep 05
Shake Milton (composite 4*-#84)_____(2015 CG)____cancelled Illinois official/IU lean
Doral Moore (composite 4*-#58)____(2015 C)____Official visit to Illinois Sep 26
Elijah Thomas (composite 4*-#27)____(2015 PF)___Officially visited Illinois Sep 18
Jimmy Whitt (composite 4*-#56)_____(2015 PG)___Committed to pig aggie

Aaron Jordan (composite 4*-#105)_____(2015 SG)____Committed to Illinois
D.J. Williams (composite 4*-#62)_____(2015 SF)____Committed to Illinois

I will be sure to keep everyone abreast of the situation as it develops.  #dossies

Coleman visited this past weekend with Thomas.  Reportedly down to UNLV and Illinois.  Illinois leads on the CB with 67%.

As for Thomas:
Elijah Thomas told @ebosshoops that #illini are his leader. Coaches, players, fans made a big impression.

Groce has an in-home visit with Evans today.

And Thomas apparently:
I'm told #Illini HC John Groce & Jamall Walker will visit Elijah Thomas (@edotcash) today in Dallas, in addition to in-home w/ Evans.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 23, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »
Lot of Illinois itk grumblings that Coleman is committing today.  They are wrong a lot though.  #nuggets

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 23, 2014, 12:38:12 PM »
If it happens just a psa: I will be swinging my dick all over itt.  So watch it.