Author Topic: Remember the Kavanaugh!! Republican war cry in defeating ruthless Dems  (Read 101109 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #375 on: September 24, 2018, 04:26:14 PM »
No, it's true. Nobody these people have identified by name as bearing witness has any recollection of the event ever occurring. They are o-fer on corroborating witnesses.

I mean:

A classmate of Ramirez’s, who declined to be identified because of the partisan battle over Kavanaugh’s nomination, said that another student told him about the incident either on the night of the party or in the next day or two. The classmate said that he is “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that he was told at the time that Kavanaugh was the student who exposed himself to Ramirez. He independently recalled many of the same details offered by Ramirez, including that a male student had encouraged Kavanaugh as he exposed himself. The classmate, like Ramirez, recalled that the party took place in a common room on the first floor in Entryway B of Lawrance Hall, during their freshman year. “I’ve known this all along,” he said. “It’s been on my mind all these years when his name came up. It was a big deal.”

Sure it's an anonymous source, but I don't think that's reason to just completely dismiss it at this point.  Of course, good for the New Yorker for being willing to publish all the accounts contradicting this story (although the author on NPR this morning seemed careful not to mention them in her synopsis of the story).

That person isn't purporting to have been at the party.  That statement is called hearsay.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2018, 04:30:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1044319560323731457

He should definitely just sit there and let the entire democrat party accuse him of being a rapist based upon hazy uncorroborated "assaults" at some unknown party at some unknown place, because "optics". I mean, it would be pretty bad "optics" if he went into hiding instread of denying these accusations.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 24, 2018, 04:35:13 PM »
lol ok

I’ve posted yours, you post mine.

i don't know what i've mine you've posted.

if you're asking why i don't believe that you are impartial it's because as soon as a woman discusses her memories of kav, you're all "actually, false memories are surprisingly common, ..."  but you've not mentioned so much as a caveat as to the likelihood that a perpetually drunk man would recall any of his specific drunken escapades 30 years later and what that suggests regarding the credibility of kav's denials.  and because when anyone mentions his frequent lies, you jump in with "actually, it's surprisingly difficult to convict of perjury, ..."  and most of all because you argue that it is appropriate to prevent investigation of the women's allegations by nonpartisan, professional investigators.

There's no evidence of lying. You're just mad he didn't answer the questions the way you thought he should based upon your opinion of his beliefs.

There's also no evidence he was drunk for 30 years.

Ironically, you're actually what you say he is, a liar predisposed to certain point of view, who probably got drunk in high school and college.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2018, 04:39:20 PM »
if you're asking why i don't believe that you are impartial it's because as soon as a woman discusses her memories of kav, you're all "actually, false memories are surprisingly common, ..."  but you've not mentioned so much as a caveat as to the likelihood that a perpetually drunk man would recall any of his specific drunken escapades 30 years later and what that suggests regarding the credibility of kav's denials.

I'm a bit confused by this because it's equating a 30+ year old memory of something with a 30+ year old non-memory of something.  Of course Kav could not remember details from that long ago because he was drunk.  He also may just not have retained that information for any number of reasons.  But if you're acting like that is an argument against his credibility, I don't get it.  No matter what his reason for not remembering (drunk, head trauma, or the event never actually occurred), the denial would still be credible absent evidence to the contrary.  That's why anyone who actually cares about discerning the truth here is going to be focused on the account of the person who alleges the event occurred.

and because when anyone mentions his frequent lies, you jump in with "actually, it's surprisingly difficult to convict of perjury, ..."

I never said anything about the high legal burden to prove perjury.  I said if it takes a complicated explanation to explain how someone was lying, you've got a weak case for it.

and most of all because you argue that it is appropriate to prevent investigation of the women's allegations by nonpartisan, professional investigators.

Taking liberties with the word "preventing" there, but I'll let it slide.  The WH may have to politically pay for their decision not to authorize further investigation, but no, I don't think there is anything unjust about it.  The man already has a lifetime appointment to the Nation's second highest court.  If you are accusing him of a crime, alert the proper authorities and press charges.  On the other hand, if you are purely coming forward because you believe you have information that should be considered during the nomination process, you gotta bear some of the responsibility to make sure you bring that crap up with time left in the process.

I'll use Roy Moore as an example.  It makes sense for the women to come out near the election with information they felt voters should be aware of, even though it may have been more effective to do so in the primary.  But do I think the Governor was wrong not to postpone the election to further investigate and/or provide an opportunity to remove Moore from the ballot?  Of course not.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:47:58 PM by catastrophe »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 24, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »
I'm a bit confused by this because it's equating a 30+ year old memory of something with a 30+ year old non-memory of something.  Of course Kav could not remember details from that long ago because he was drunk.  He also may just not have retained that information for any number of reasons.  But if you're acting like that is an argument against his credibility, I don't get it.  No matter what his reason for not remembering (drunk, head trauma, or the event never actually occurred), the denial would still be credible absent evidence to the contrary.  That's why anyone who actually cares about discerning the truth here is going to be focused on the account of the person who alleges the event occurred.

the probability of a person's 30 year old memory being roughly accurate, while far from 100%, is much greater than the probability that any specific event from 30 years ago would be retained in memory.  therefore, assuming neither party is lying, the person asserting the memory is more likely to be rendering an accurate recounting than the person asserting that because they do not recall the event, it didn't occur.

I never said anything about the high legal burden to prove perjury.  I said if it takes a complicated explanation to explain how someone was lying, you've got a weak case for it.

even odder then, since the explanation for multiple cases is that he said x and x isn't true.

no, I don't think there is anything unjust about it.

i don't think this requires anything more.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »
Yeah I think I might just let you and FSD keep each other busy ITT. My goodness.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2018, 06:28:21 PM »
why did he do that interview with his wife next to him

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »

why did he do that interview with his wife next to him

Lol

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2018, 07:01:47 PM »
haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2018, 07:41:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1044011379223670784

Apparently the NYT, WaPo, and NBC all passed on this story because of the dearth of credibility.  :lol:

That's really saying something given the garbage rhetoric they're ordinarily willing to run with.

Sysgender knows better though  :dubious:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2018, 07:50:00 PM »
I kind of think the writers did it to sabotage the libtards. Put them in the impossible position of paying undying creed to this bullshit story and lose all credibility, or don't respond to it (which appears is what they intended to do and of course not tell anyone about it) and become the insensitive white male bogeyman they rail against as their sole and singular party platform. It's either amazingly self destructive, or incredibly calculated.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:30:24 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2018, 07:52:17 PM »
Whoa, 3 in a row :sdeek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2018, 07:59:13 PM »
He demonstrated with his lies under oath that he subscribes to the "deny, deny, deny" school of thought. He's a pro at it.

https://twitter.com/lizzieohreally/status/1044371713931309056

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »
What an absurd thing to say.  :lol:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2018, 08:10:40 PM »
7 posts on one page....FSD really wants this assaulter on the high court!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2018, 08:16:34 PM »
How many assaults and rapes did you keep secret and fail to report, phil?

You went to college, didn't you?

That's the premise these subhumans are employing.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2018, 08:45:32 PM »
7 EIGHT posts on one page....FSD really wants this assaulter on the high court!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2018, 08:49:06 PM »
Deflect-o-meter: Level 9

Note: we need a deflect-o-meter emoji

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2018, 08:07:28 AM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2018, 03:10:41 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
the pivot to "well everyone drank underage" will be instantaneous

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 25, 2018, 04:26:38 PM »
Desperate Dems are desperate.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 25, 2018, 04:27:16 PM »
We still on for some testimony on Thursday?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best