TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Jerome Tang Coaches Kansas State Basketball

2017 Recruiting Thread

(1/34) > >>

CHONGS:
Has this guy been talked about?

Joey St. Pierre

Is this Chingon's first cruit scoop?

Or this 2017? :ck:

Mixed-Nutz:

--- Quote from: Chingon on September 30, 2014, 10:46:52 AM ---Has this guy been talked about?

Joey St. Pierre

Is this Chingon's first cruit scoop?

Or this 2017? :ck:

--- End quote ---
2017, I don't think he will get an offer for a while. I would assume Illinois leads for him. I don't think he fits our systems specially defensively. Doesn't have good quickness. 

CHONGS:

--- Quote from: http://nwherald.com/ ---CRYSTAL LAKE— College recruiters are taking notice of Richmond-Burton’s 6-foot-9 center Joey St. Pierre.

Earlier this week, coaches from Kansas State came to Illinois to run the sophomore through a workout. He performed a variety of individual drills and then played some pickup games.

Next week, he expects coaches from Georgetown to make the trip.

The two schools are just a few of those showing early interest in St. Pierre. He has received letters from more than 15 schools, including Division I schools Nebraska and Wisconsin and Division I FCS school Illinois State.

The feedback from coaches has been positive so far, but they want him to continue to develop into a scoring threat.

“They’re saying to attack more,” the sophomore said. "Don’t really worry about the defense. Try to go through the defense.”

The center has visited a few of the schools over the last few months for unofficial visits.

Last weekend, he was at Illinois State. He said that he likes the coaching staff and the Redbirds’ strength and conditioning program.

But for now, Wisconsin is the early front runner, though it is still very early in the process.

“That was the first place on a visit,” St. Pierre said. “I got a really good first impression.”

To prepare for the upcoming season, the sophomore has been working out at Your World Fitness in Spring Grove, where he’s doing exercises to improve his core strength and vertical leap. He's also working with Illinois Wolves, an AAU team out of Bolingbrook.

Once the high school season gets started, Richmond-Burton will count on him even more than during his freshman year.

After losing three starting seniors from last season’s Big Northern Conference East Division championship squad, the Rockets are left with a young – and relatively inexperienced – core, with Sam Kaufman as the lone senior.

“We’re really young this year,” St. Pierre said. “I think I’ll have to be more of a leader and be a lot more vocal.”

--- End quote ---

steve dave:
chingon scoop!

The Big Train:
was this pic taken right before shia labeouf made his debut in the first transformers? i think it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version