Author Topic: Super Saturday  (Read 21255 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Super Saturday
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:31 AM »
Just checked the schedule and this is probably the best football weekend in the Big 12 this year. :excited:

KSU plays a beatable TTU team to hopefully notch its first win against a p5 team that is not a complete joke. -- 11:00 AM, FS1

Something has to give when Baylor and KU play for rights to claim bottom-feeder dominance in the conference for 2017. -- 11:00 AM, FS Regional (I think it's on TV?)

ISU looks to keep its Big 12 darling bandwagon rolling against a beatable but hungry WVU. -- 2:30 PM, ESPN 2

The Longhorns face a tough test against a reeling TCU team in their quest to keep improving throughout Herman’s first season. -- 6:15 PM, ESPN

And of course OU and OSU will decide who the Big 12 puts its hopes in for a playoff team. -- 3:00 PM, FS1

What games will you be watching?

Edit: updated with game times and channels.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:15:39 AM by catastrophe »

The Big Train

Re: Super Saturday
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »
I’m waiting to see what [you] thinks will be the best games and plan on watching those.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:42:08 AM »
I’m waiting to see what [you] thinks will be the best games and plan on watching those.

Me too. [you] always has great insight on the Cats.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 10:48:52 AM »
Thanks bud
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 10:58:32 AM »
one of those glorious fall Saturday's where a strong big 12 line-up is scheduled consecutively. should be a fun 11/4
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:59:14 AM by Pett »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »
#[you]picks

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 11:17:27 AM »
[You] has me excited about football again.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »
Cats
Baylor
ISU
Horns
OU

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
Go Hawks!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 11:27:49 AM »
I’d honestly be surprised if ISU wins this next one. Campbell is an amazing coach if he can keep these guys focused after such unexpected success against top teams.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 11:29:00 AM »
Go Hawks!
im all in #beakem wins by 2tds

raiders
frogs
pokes
clones

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 12:01:42 PM »
Every year, the week of the TTech game, I think of fatty predicting that pick 6 on the first play that one time.

Man.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 12:14:32 PM »
Every year, the week of the TTech game, I think of fatty predicting that pick 6 on the first play that one time.

Man.

Yes, amazing.

All I know about Tech is that Snyder's most dominant foe is no longer there and that he owns Kliff.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 12:57:32 PM »

Man.

Yes, amazing.

All I know about Tech is that Snyder's most dominant foe is no longer there and that he owns Kliff.
while true i just dont see this team giving a eff the rest of the season, i hope they prove me wrong but its not going to matter how much the players want to win if the coaches keep doing dumb crap

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 01:03:01 PM »

Man.

Yes, amazing.

while true i just dont see this team giving a eff the rest of the season, i hope they prove me wrong but its not going to matter how much the players want to win if the coaches keep doing dumb crap

I'm pretty sure they're still busting their asses in practice, film sessions, weights and condoning, and in class. Safe to say they still care and want to win.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »

Man.

Yes, amazing.

I'm pretty sure they're still busting their asses in practice, film sessions, weights and condoning, and in class. Safe to say they still care and want to win.
i wont disagree but what i witnessed on saturday was a lot of hanging heads not helping each other up etc, something just seems really off.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 01:12:20 PM »
IMO that's just what losing does, especially considering this team truly saw themselves as a Big 12 title contender before the season. I think the effort is there, but the emotion is down. Those close losses to Vandy, UT, and OU weigh on you and beating KU was probably a relief. Now we'll see if that win can give them a bit of confidence and emotion in going to play at Tech. This thing could still turn around and I could see winning 3 of the last 4. Its been kind of a Snyder trend the last couple of years.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 01:15:02 PM »
I mean, I want to see Skylar the rest of the season, but I actually think a Delton/OU-ish gameplan is best chance for winning in Lubbock this weekend.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
I mean, I want to see Skylar the rest of the season, but I actually think a Delton/OU-ish gameplan is best chance for winning in Lubbock this weekend.
depends on who they trot out there at qb but if we dont run it 35 times i will be pissed. A) it saves the line thats in horrid shape right now, B) all of our backs are fresh (maybe not barnes but you get where im going.) this needs to be a collin klein vs texas type game

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 01:26:10 PM »
I would like to talk about the tech game and how if we continue to play our dbacks back a good 10 yards that we are going to get killed by tech on the quick slants all damn day. I can just feel myself like this  :curse: watching the game Saturday

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »
I would like to talk about the tech game and how if we continue to play our dbacks back a good 10 yards that we are going to get killed by tech on the quick slants all damn day. I can just feel myself like this  :curse: watching the game Saturday

I don't understand why we do this at all. We have a team at 3rd and 5, but line up 8 or 10 yards back. They throw a quick slant and easily get 6. It makes me want to throw things at the TV.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 01:33:27 PM »
weve been doing it for years, apparently it will not ever change under this regime

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 01:48:44 PM »
It is maddening that they continue to operate this way. But hey, on the bright side, at least they didn't give up any big pass plays. Not a single one. Had they, for example, given up a 60 yd TD pass late in the 4th quarter when the outcome was still in question, then yes I would understand your anger.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2017, 01:57:37 PM »
It is maddening that they continue to operate this way. But hey, on the bright side, at least they didn't give up any big pass plays. Not a single one. Had they, for example, given up a 60 yd TD pass late in the 4th quarter when the outcome was still in question, then yes I would understand your anger.

We had a great stunt there and Woods missed what should have been a sack. Plus a ridiculous throw there on the run.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »

We had a great stunt there and Woods missed what should have been a sack. Plus a ridiculous throw there on the run.
shut up and be mad with us FAN