Author Topic: will bill self ever get out from behind oscar weber's shadow?  (Read 8989 times)

Offline MikeNelson

• Fan
  • Manos the Hands of Fate
    • View Profile
Re: will bill self ever get out from behind oscar weber's shadow?
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »
I have it on good authority that not only is Bill Self a shameless adulterer, he also hates puppies and kittens.  Ever hear about him taking a dog for a walk?  I didn't think so.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »
why would he take a dog for a walk when he's too busy losing to the 6th place team in the conference?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 02:11:01 PM »
I have it on good authority that not only is Bill Self a shameless adulterer, he also hates puppies and kittens.  Ever hear about him taking a dog for a walk?  I didn't think so.

bill pays people to walk his dogs ;)
everyone is jealous

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 02:11:48 PM »
A for the OP's question, the answer is no.  I mean, Illinois let Bill go and had to bring oscar in to mop up the mess.  Bill could run from/deny that all he wanted when oscar was in another conf, but now that he is right down the road.....

I think you've had a brain lapse...bill left Illinois, he wasn't let go. now oscar on the other hand...

Oh man :lol: How quickly squawks forget history.

It's not a memory lapse Jakesie, it's a inability to deal with the truth.  Just like their losing to a couple crap teams that no one had any business losing to led to them not winning the title, but yet Titletown and it's citizens are the problem rather than their coach or their program.

I bet Blump would have a good psych explanation for this, but I would guess that there is some serious self preservation/ self defense type stuff going on en masse on Mass St.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 02:13:40 PM »
A for the OP's question, the answer is no.  I mean, Illinois let Bill go and had to bring oscar in to mop up the mess.  Bill could run from/deny that all he wanted when oscar was in another conf, but now that he is right down the road.....

I think you've had a brain lapse...bill left Illinois, he wasn't let go. now oscar on the other hand...

It's not a memory lapse Jakesie, it's a inability to deal with the truth.  Just like their losing to a couple crap teams that no one had any business losing to led to them not winning the title, but yet Titletown and it's citizens are the problem rather than their coach or their program.

I bet Blump would have a good psych explanation for this, but I would guess that there is some serious self preservation/ self defense type stuff going on en masse on Mass St.

yea we lost to a couple crappy teams but we beat the co-champs twice :)
everyone is jealous

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »

Thank god, too.  I mean, it would have been pretty uncomfy to explain to everyone why little bro didn't make the NCAA's.  If you guys didn't have us as your only two quality wins, who knows what Joey Brackets would be projecting for you guys(Joey does do the NIT bracket too, right?)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 02:23:31 PM »

bill pays people to walk his dogs ;)

maybe if Bill would invest more into his personal life it wouldn't be crumbling around him?

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

Thank god, too.  I mean, it would have been pretty uncomfy to explain to everyone why little bro didn't make the NCAA's.  If you guys didn't have us as your only two quality wins, who knows what Joey Brackets would be projecting for you guys(Joey does do the NIT bracket too, right?)

you're wrong, we beat Ohio state in Columbus, okie st, Iowa st twice, demolished Colorado, temple, St. Louis, just think if we woulda beat okie st. in lawrence and beat TCU we'd be a lock for a 1 seed. think about this for a second...KU had a 3 game losing streak one of those a losses to crappy TCU and we STILL share the big 12....talk about Kstate not bring able to take advantage of a gift
everyone is jealous

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 02:31:42 PM »
Seems like taking care of business caught up with Bill again.  Three games with TCU as one and ending against Baylor.  I guess KU boosters are more tolerant of mediocrity than Illinois boosters.

Makes sense.  I mean, I've always heard that KU gets a large portion of Chicago's kids that can't get accepted at their first 5 or 6 choice schools, so based on that it makes perfect sense that KU has more tolerance for underachievers.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »
Seems like taking care of business caught up with Bill again.  Three games with TCU as one and ending against Baylor.  I guess KU boosters are more tolerant of mediocrity than Illinois boosters.

Makes sense.  I mean, I've always heard that KU gets a large portion of Chicago's kids that can't get accepted at their first 5 or 6 choice schools, so based on that it makes perfect sense that KU has more tolerance for underachievers.

lol this same Illinois boosters who shoved ole' oscar out the front door?
everyone is jealous

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »

Same guy I know told me that oscar heard rumors that KSU was opening up for a coach and told his AD that he wanted permission to interview.  The AD tried to intimidate and bluff oscar and said that he would fire him before he could go interview with such a badass school where he would be sure to win titles.  oscar called his bluff and told him, fire me then and walked out like a boss.   AD didn't have a choice at that point.  Either fire him and save face, or lose your coach and look like an ineffective AD that can't keep your coaches in line. 

:dunno:

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »

Same guy I know told me that oscar heard rumors that KSU was opening up for a coach and told his AD that he wanted permission to interview.  The AD tried to intimidate and bluff oscar and said that he would fire him before he could go interview with such a badass school where he would be sure to win titles.  oscar called his bluff and told him, fire me then and walked out like a boss.   AD didn't have a choice at that point.  Either fire him and save face, or lose your coach and look like an ineffective AD that can't keep your coaches in line. 

lol good one
everyone is jealous

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 02:43:09 PM »
wish this stuff would be a little tougher to do sometimes ya know
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 03:02:26 PM »
Something about Bill Self says to me: "Hey, I have a really small weiner.  As in pathetically small.  Got any coeds I can show?"

To answer Clams original query, nope.  oscar's shadow of immense testicular fortitude will always haunt the philanderer Self's incredibly small manhood.

God weeps somewhere knowing he created a unit that small in stature.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
I once shared a flight with Bill Self on southwest (what a poor)
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »

lol good one

It is good to have elite connections and be ITK with some elites across the country. 

Otherwise I would probably be just like everyone else and wonder why Bill has been struggling so bad this year and why he is such a monster in holding kids back from their dreams.  Turns out that he has a history of this and has lost at least one job because of it.  I mean, I know that he lost the Illinois gig for this reason.  I can't say for sure about the Tulsa gig.

Perspective.  You know?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »
Did this squawk just say they beat ISU twice?  :lol: :lol:

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:03 PM »
Why do you all have to taunt LJM so much? I mean it is just getting cruel at this point.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »
wish this stuff would be a little tougher to do sometimes ya know

ssshhhhhh!
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 03:38:26 PM »
Did this squawk just say they beat ISU twice?  :lol: :lol:

yup, that's what the record book shows
everyone is jealous

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 03:50:35 PM »

lol good one

It is good to have elite connections and be ITK with some elites across the country. 

Otherwise I would probably be just like everyone else and wonder why Bill has been struggling so bad this year and why he is such a monster in holding kids back from their dreams.  Turns out that he has a history of this and has lost at least one job because of it.  I mean, I know that he lost the Illinois gig for this reason.  I can't say for sure about the Tulsa gig.

Perspective.  You know?

CNS Casey has obviously been talking to a lot of the same inside the know Illinois power brokers I have been talking to.  Not surprising really.  Can absolutely confrim Self came to Ron Guenther (then Illinois AD) and offered to take far less money in order to stay and RG told him to hit the rough ridin' bricks.  Called him a scum-sucking philanderer and a two-bit, no-account cheater.  Right to his face. 

Self stumbled out of the meeting life shattered zero self-esteem and went on a multi-week bender where he was basically blackout drunk 24 hours a day.  It was during that time that, having absolutely no employment options and having been totally burned up in the coaching profession by RG, that he accepted the first (and only) job offer he got from the most desperate and shamed program to come calling at the time which was of course KU.  The worst part is that Self, with no rough ridin' options whatsoever, had all the leverage with KU and basically held them down and forced them to just take the hell out of it in contract negotiations. 

Have it on good authority that Self told all of his Illini friends who had by that point turned their backs on him because they were disgusted by his failure as a human being and constant begging that he just could not believe what a low opinion KU had of itself after Roy humiliated them to the nation.  Self said he actually lost what little respect he had for them, which was basically none to begin with.  Pretty tragic stuff really. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 03:56:13 PM »
Heard this happened, only worse, at Oral Roberts.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
I tried to soften it up a little, but Bread just unloaded all the ugly details. 

That said, this is exactly how the elite booster I was talking to laid it out.

Sad.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »
I'll be back on Saturday night :)
everyone is jealous

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 04:12:58 PM »
I'll be back on Saturday night :)
yeah, crying like a baby  :shy:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.