Author Topic: Isiah Austin's Shades  (Read 6145 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Isiah Austin's Shades
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 09:43:04 AM »
whats with his facial hair? It's like he has a hitler stache only on his chin a chintler. chintlers list starring isaiah austin and the 10000 neon green baptists. band name isaiah austin and the 10000 neon green baptists I call it

I think that might be a floor burn from when he faceplanted against us. Or it might just be a chintler. :dunno:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 12:39:19 PM »
All the white midwesterners had Oakleys like that when I was in high school
Yeah I had several. I should probably just go ahead and post this in the shame yourself thread.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 01:17:11 PM »
Yeah I had several. I should probably just go ahead and post this in the shame yourself thread.

I have a pair and wear them proudly. No shame here.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »

I have a pair and wear them proudly. No shame here.

A lot of cops wear those and shave their heads, but I haven't seen any of them shooting free throws indoors with them.  Don't know who the bigger dork(s) is (are).

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »

I never had those ugly things, so you must've gone to high school before 1975, or sometime in the future after I'm dead.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
Oakley Blades or M Frames were on huge display at my high school. 

They are also a staple of lake ppl.  The kind that cut tank tops out of old bar shirts and cut the sleeve holes with in 4"-5" of the bottom of the shirt and walk around with a yellow floaty thing on their car keys even though their boat key isn't on that key ring.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
:adios:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2014, 12:25:09 PM »
Fatty used to suggest that our players who were sitting out for drugs had marfan

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2014, 01:46:01 PM »
What a cruel genetic joke to be seven feet tall and then have a medical condition preventing you from playing basketball.  Best of luck to him

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »
If Baylor doesn't honor his scholarship until he graduates, their heart must have an aortic dissection.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »
If Baylor doesn't honor his scholarship until he graduates, their heart must have an aortic dissection.

They're baylor, they've proven that they are good at ruining peoples lives, hopes, and dreams
@Trogdor_gE

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2014, 04:17:03 PM »
 :frown:

But... :love:

In February 2008, everything came crashing down. It was the last game of his middle school basketball career, and Austin had never dunked during layup lines. That's because there was a strict rule against it: two technical fouls, and you're out of the game. But working off of adrenaline, Austin took off, cuffed the ball back with his left hand and jammed it down.

The crowd went wild and a double tech ensued, but no one but Austin knew what he immediately saw out of his right eye: red. It was blood. The powerful nature of the uncontested dunk had detached his retina, which was the diagnosis the next morning when he went to the emergency room

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »

In February 2008, everything came crashing down. It was the last game of his middle school basketball career, and Austin had never dunked during layup lines. That's because there was a strict rule against it: two technical fouls, and you're out of the game. But working off of adrenaline, Austin took off, cuffed the ball back with his left hand and jammed it down.

The crowd went wild and a double tech ensued, but no one but Austin knew what he immediately saw out of his right eye: red. It was blood. The powerful nature of the uncontested dunk had detached his retina, which was the diagnosis the next morning when he went to the emergency room

That's pretty mumped up.  I guess that kinda explains why he chose Baylor.  He believes that God punishes.

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »
I never saw him as a guy that would up to the grind of the NBA. Too soft to play down low. Not enough handles to play on the wing

The Big Train

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2014, 08:21:49 PM »

That's pretty mumped up.  I guess that kinda explains why he chose Baylor.  He believes that God punishes.

He dunked so hard it torn his eye in half  :sdeek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2014, 09:35:50 PM »
That's wc's moms favorite player since she tore her retina. :frown:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »

Wait, wut

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »
The first thing I thought of when I heard this was fatty trying to get local media to say that Jamar had Marfan  :lol: but  :bawl:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2014, 09:35:42 AM »
Fatty used to suggest that our players who were sitting out for drugs had marfan

I asked my doctor about marfan because of that thread and my doctor ordered testing after an initial screening. Clean bill of health tho :bracketmouse:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2014, 10:18:04 AM »

I asked my doctor about marfan because of that thread and my doctor ordered testing after an initial screening. Clean bill of health tho :bracketmouse:

Is it expensive to test for marfan?  I though that was why they didn't do it with a bunch of athletes

:ohno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »
Poor Isiah.  :frown:  But I am glad they caught it.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »
Smooth move by the NBA to draft Austin.
@Trogdor_gE

The Big Train

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
That was pretty cool