Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980192 times)

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #25675 on: December 07, 2014, 08:43:28 PM »
The question everyone needs to ask is what actions can the Big 12 take to make Texas not want to leave. Because if today keeps happening. They're gone. And probably before the 12 years is up.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25676 on: December 07, 2014, 08:48:26 PM »
you are fooling yourself if you think texas cares at all about this other than sticking up for the family.  tcu or baylor being in the playoff severely hurts them and texas will be in anytime they are available. good lord
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25677 on: December 07, 2014, 08:58:15 PM »
Why would we want divisions.  We could have the two best teams play each other for the CCG.  This year Baylor and TCU could prove who's the best.  That way we keep our round robin in FB and "one true champion".

We should just tell the NCAA to go fcvk itself. Stay at ten teams, play the round robin, and then if it looks like teams might need a boost at the end of the year, schedule a CCG for the top two teams. If it looks like we'll have someone go undefeated, no need for a CCG that year. It'll be kinda like how there sometimes a need for Game 7 and sometimes not.

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25678 on: December 07, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »
You're fooling yourself if you think Texas is going to be associated with what is perceived to be the worst power 5 conference by the media. If this conference gets left out of the playoff consistently they are gone. And it will happen fast. They aren't going to hang around with a bunch of schools that do not elevate their brand.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25679 on: December 07, 2014, 09:00:40 PM »
Why would we want divisions.  We could have the two best teams play each other for the CCG.  This year Baylor and TCU could prove who's the best.  That way we keep our round robin in FB and "one true champion".

Yes.  No divisions.  10 teams is perfect.  Just have the two best play an additional game. 

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25680 on: December 07, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »

We should just tell the NCAA to go fcvk itself. Stay at ten teams, play the round robin, and then if it looks like teams might need a boost at the end of the year, schedule a CCG for the top two teams. If it looks like we'll have someone go undefeated, no need for a CCG that year. It'll be kinda like how there sometimes a need for Game 7 and sometimes not.

What happens in a 3-Way tie scenario?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25681 on: December 07, 2014, 09:06:55 PM »

More fun; but will never happen.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25682 on: December 07, 2014, 09:09:42 PM »

Refer to the list of teams that should get screwed the least:
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Kansas State
4. Oklahoma State
5. Kansas
6. Texas Tech
7. TCU
8. West Virginia
9. Baylor
10. Iowa State

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25683 on: December 07, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »

The two highest rated teams face off, with the winner getting a big boost in their playoff hopes.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25684 on: December 07, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »
That WVU dude is saying Cincy and BYU

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25685 on: December 07, 2014, 10:10:34 PM »
Guy is obviously making crap up

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #25686 on: December 07, 2014, 10:15:16 PM »
I've said it a few times in the past year; if we do, it will be Cincy and Memphis.

We aren't going to put up with BYU's crap.  You aren't negotiating with a school; you're working with the Church of Latter Day Saints.  That's going to go over like a fart in a church (pun intended) as time goes by.

UCF will be on an island because Cincy is the first play.  They're the travel partner WVU has been begging for.  Everyone else is just a round number.

At least with Memphis, they're geographically relevant, and the basketball in this conference will elevate tremendously.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25687 on: December 07, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »
If the Big XII has any balls, it will take UCF & USF.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #25688 on: December 07, 2014, 10:23:50 PM »
If the Big XII has any balls, it will take UCF & USF.

and drop WVU and add literally anyone else
emaw

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25689 on: December 07, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »
Adding two shitty teams won't help get any of the big 12 schools into the CFB.  OU and UT would have gone at 11-1 this year.  If you are a non traditional power you have to go undefeated regardless of conference affiliation.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25690 on: December 07, 2014, 10:26:12 PM »
Mhver3/Dude fights are always fun to watch.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25691 on: December 07, 2014, 10:27:15 PM »
Trade WV for Louisville. Pick up Memphis and Cincy as well?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25692 on: December 07, 2014, 10:27:27 PM »
Adding two shitty teams won't help get any of the big 12 schools into the CFB.  OU and UT would have gone at 11-1 this year.  If you are a non traditional power you have to go undefeated regardless of conference affiliation.
True, but the recruiting would improve with the Florida schools.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25693 on: December 07, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »
Having the 4th and 5th best schools in Fl in the conf won't help us get better KS walk-ons.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #25694 on: December 07, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
even thinking about realignment again is awful.  I hate it.  I hate it so much.
emaw

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25695 on: December 07, 2014, 10:38:43 PM »
I've said it a few times in the past year; if we do, it will be Cincy and Memphis.

We aren't going to put up with BYU's crap.  You aren't negotiating with a school; you're working with the Church of Latter Day Saints.  That's going to go over like a fart in a church (pun intended) as time goes by.

UCF will be on an island because Cincy is the first play.  They're the travel partner WVU has been begging for.  Everyone else is just a round number.

At least with Memphis, they're geographically relevant, and the basketball in this conference will elevate tremendously.

Not that any of this is happening, but Memphis and Pastner aren't elevating crap.  This isn't Cal's Memphis.  They're getting shittier by the day.  It'd be like adding another WV in hoops.  A program clearly on the downturn.       
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #25696 on: December 07, 2014, 10:48:49 PM »

Not that any of this is happening, but Memphis and Pastner aren't elevating crap.  This isn't Cal's Memphis.  They're getting shittier by the day.  It'd be like adding another WV in hoops.  A program clearly on the downturn.     

They've been good before.  They have a good arena, name recognition, etc.  One hire away from being a very strong program again.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25697 on: December 07, 2014, 10:53:45 PM »
even thinking about realignment again is awful.  I hate it.  I hate it so much.

I wouldn't worry about it. LOL at the thought of conference schools giving their money to mid-majors because the two mid-majors we have got screwed.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25698 on: December 07, 2014, 10:57:51 PM »
Outside of the puppet school idea (I'm thinking maybe New Mexico State and Louisina Lafayette here), SEC teams are the only non poopy options given the grants of rights of the other conferences. Mizzou and A&M aren't coming back. So, if we don't add like Arkansas and LSU, any additions are going to SUUUUUUUUCK. It would be like Big Ten Maryland and Rutgers suck except much, much worse.

The Big Train

« Reply #25699 on: December 07, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »
i was more of a lurker the last time all this crap started going down, lets rough ridin' do this  :popcorn: