Author Topic: 4 Team College Football Playoff  (Read 29143 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Team College Football Playoff
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
At this point either the top 4 stays the same or we hear a pretty hilarious explanation for why it doesn't. Either way, entertaining.

The Big Train

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2014, 11:44:10 PM »
i may have over reacted but i am really pissed off and pretty pakd.

i am human and make mistakes dlew, im not allowed to meltdown like once a year?  my stance still stands(?) about it being a stupid system, unless a big 12 team makes it, then i would feel better.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2014, 11:45:52 PM »
I mean, the four best are TCU, Bama, Oregon, and Either OSU or Baylor. Ohio State is maybe like 6 or 7th at best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2014, 11:49:38 PM »
I mean, the four best are TCU, Bama, Oregon, and Either OSU or Baylor. Ohio State is maybe like 6 or 7th at best
Wut???
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2014, 11:57:28 PM »
Wut???

He is right. I don't think "best team" is really one of the criteria though.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »
Wut???

I meant Florida State is maybe 6th or 7th best.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 12:48:15 AM »
Big 12 will be represented.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 02:13:30 AM »
i didn't watch any football today.  is this a "gE" thread?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2014, 02:19:21 AM »
Wut???

I meant Florida State is maybe 6th or 7th best.

I agree, cf3

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2014, 08:43:07 AM »
i may have over reacted but i am really pissed off and pretty pakd.

i am human and make mistakes dlew, im not allowed to meltdown like once a year?  my stance still stands(?) about it being a stupid system, unless a big 12 team makes it, then i would feel better.

:lol:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »
I mean, we knew ESPN would try to push Ohio State as much as they can. 

According to Chris Fowler's twitter: "big 10 fans convinced SEC coverage traced to company business: NOTHING would boost abc/ESPN CFB biz more than a dominant big 10. Nothing. Trust me"

https://twitter.com/cbfowler/status/524764849566666752

I just don't see how the committee could sit up there and say "We thought TCU was the third best team last week, but now we think they're #5 or #6 despite having better wins and a FAR better loss than tOSU."

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 09:17:34 AM »
ESPN has a selection show they'd like to have high ratings for by creating controversy or storylines of OSU vs TCU/BU. :th_twocents:

That and a month's worth of CFB airtime to fill before the bowls. Now they can spend it praising/castigating the committee for taking/not taking OSU.

catzacker

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »
ESPN has a selection show they'd like to have high ratings for by creating controversy or storylines of OSU vs TCU/BU. :th_twocents:

I find it hilarious that Herbstreit would say the big10 and big 12 are equal (even though everyone has said the big10 sucks balls all year), and then talk about ONE big10 team being in the top 4 versus TWO Big 12 teams.

catzacker

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »
I'm sure Tom Osborne and Barry Alvarez are really debating the merits of two big 12 teams vs. a big 10 team.  Hopefully Oliver Luck fights like hell for the Big 12.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »
Why do people think the committee will throw away two months of work because Kirk Herbstreit wants his alma mater in the playoffs?

I literally didn't hear a single person outraged that Ohio State was 5th in the last poll, nothing changed. If anything the conversation is OSU or FSU.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
These Ohio St. talking points are terrible.  It is sad seeing everyone hate the Big 12 and TCU/Baylor try to divide and conquer the conference.  If it was the SEC, the entire region would be outraged and rioting that both teams deserved to be in.

Art Briles really showed his ass last night, it was embarrassing.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »
These Ohio St. talking points are terrible.  It is sad seeing everyone hate the Big 12 and TCU/Baylor try to divide and conquer the conference.  If it was the SEC, the entire region would be outraged and rioting that both teams deserved to be in.

This is America!  :Carl:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
I'm excited about the playoff regardless of who gets in. It should be pretty great.

catzacker

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »
Why do people think the committee will throw away two months of work because Kirk Herbstreit wants his alma mater in the playoffs?

I literally didn't hear a single person outraged that Ohio State was 5th in the last poll, nothing changed. If anything the conversation is OSU or FSU.

it isn't just Herbstreit, it's like, all of ESPN.  And then I just watched Mack Brown's dumbass basically agree with all the "well, you need a conference championship" talking point.  The Big 12 has no advocates on the network that runs college football.  meanwhile, I got to hear about how Ohio State should get in because they have "momentum".

for eff sake, we had a LSU, Alabama rematch and that network agreed that it didn't matter that Alabama didn't win their conference, those were the two best teams.  it's amazing how much the big 12 has sat back and watched this crap without fighting for itself.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2014, 10:17:14 AM »

It really was.  I don't like the guy plus he has a really weird chest?  His boobs are like..um...not quite sure but it's odd.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 10:20:32 AM »
On a positive note, the Memphis airport always smells amazing due to the number of BBQ joints they have in the terminals.

Cincy has neat uniforms.

The basketball will be fun, and the North division will be awful and will always be KSU vs WVU for the title.

I'm really trying here...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
I'm excited about the playoff regardless of who gets in. It should be pretty great.

Yeah, I would like the winner of the 2-3 game, Oregon vs. TCU, to win it all.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »
Did the rest of the Big 12 just not notice when they named Oklahoma co-champions with kstate two years ago? I don't understand how this is a surprise to anyone that they aren't naming Baylor the sole champion.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »

This is my belief, as well.  Unless several members of the committee suddenly change their thought processes, TCU is in.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2014, 10:42:29 AM »
Did the rest of the Big 12 just not notice when they named Oklahoma co-champions with kstate two years ago? I don't understand how this is a surprise to anyone that they aren't naming Baylor the sole champion.

It's @Art Briles. He acted like he didn't know how it worked and the media lapped up his insincerity without questioning him because it fit their Big 12 narrative. Urban Meyer couldn't and wouldn't have done it better.