Author Topic: Head Coach oscar Weber  (Read 11332 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: Head Coach oscar Weber
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 05:05:09 PM »
Our player development has appears just fine our recruiting appears just fine. oscar IS JUST A SLOW rough ridin' COACH. We look like crap early every year then it finally gets rolling in December. This year is specially frustrating because our defense has never looked this bad. Westicles can't stop the rough ridin' ball and we are clueless on ball screens. Hurt also needs to protect the rough ridin' paint.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 05:07:47 PM »
Why can't he win with his own recruits?  He should just recruit recruits who he thinks some other coach would recruit and coach those guys.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »
General request to out of town posters: pls keep all shitty  mspaints  to your home boards.   Tia

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »
I'm becoming apathetic about basketball

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2014, 05:14:04 PM »
General request to out of town posters: pls keep all shitty  mspaints  to your home boards.   Tia
Ummm no, more ms paints plz.  Don't listen to this goblin.

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »
If we offered Pearl a shot, would he leave Auburn?
No. But I would gladly take steve henson at this point. Brad would be a homerun. If oscar is losing the team they literally just need someone there besides him. There is a reasonable amount of talent to work with, too. The effed up thing is if what I think is happening is really happening staying on one more year will knock the program back into pre huggins. The 2012 conference title was not worth it.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 05:20:08 PM »
If we offered Pearl a shot, would he leave Auburn?
No. But I would gladly take steve henson at this point. Brad would be a homerun. If oscar is losing the team they literally just need someone there besides him. There is a reasonable amount of talent to work with, too. The effed up thing is if what I think is happening is really happening staying on one more year will knock the program back into pre huggins. The 2012 conference title was not worth it.

Wildly optimistic that two bad seasons would unseat oscar. No, it's going to be slower and more painful than that. He'll probably halfass salvage a season along the way, giving him another couple of years. Just like Illinois.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »
I'm very proud of gE for being on top of oscar-Con 2.0.  Sadly, the rest of EMAW Nation is not/will not be. There may be a lot of ambivalence in your bball future :frown:

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 05:25:14 PM »
Edit:
The 2012 conference title will not be worth it.

Offline feartheillini

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 05:28:49 PM »
If you don't think the future is going to be bright you deserve to have your BBIQ and eyes removed, dear god.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »
Just pillowly soft people.

The Big Train

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 05:30:05 PM »
idk AJ but he is a pretty big rough ridin' loser and I wish he would do better

Offline illinibri92

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2014, 07:13:26 PM »
I'm becoming apathetic about basketball

That would be Stage 5 of Weberball

The Multiple Stages a Fan Will Go Through During a oscar Weber Era

Stage 1. DISAPPOINTMENT

This generally occurs at the moment the news of his hiring is released to the media by the schools Athletic Department. There will be a lot of disappointment for the fan base during the Weber Era. However, disappointment at this stage is more attributed to finding out that your school was unable to land any one else and had to settle for oscar.

Stage 2. ACCEPTANCE

After hearing all of the pumping by the local media, AD, etc. that this is a great hire, a Weber team fan base will eventually accept him as their coach. Acceptance at this stage still comes with a level of uncertainty, but the fan base is generally willing to give the guy a chance based on his experience.

Stage 3. EXCITEMENT

The fan base will soon realize that oscar Weber has an uncanny ability to win games and achieve a high level of success in his first couple of seasons at the new program. This guy is fantastic at coaching other coaches players.  At this stage, those fans who may have been unsure of the hire become bandwagon oscar fans. All is good with the program and everyone is happy. There is likely some big wins during this stage, including conference championships and deep runs in the NCAA Tournament.  This stage (for the majority of the fan base) generally peaks out after year 2.

Stage 4.  CONCERN

It is typically in Year 3 where serious concern begins to occur within the fan base of a Weber coached team. Significant changes begin to occur with the team internally. Transfers of key players, low ranking recruiting classes, poor behavior by players outside of the program, embarrassing losses to lower level teams, etc. This stage can last up to 3 years, with many fans still holding on to hope based on oscar's early success and the fact that he runs a clean program. However, a large faction of the fan base begins to change their opinion of oscar Weber due to all of the negative signs of a declining program. This is where a serious divide occurs within the fan base (See- WFF {Weber First Fans} vs Weber Haters) which results movement to Stage 5.

Stage 5.  APATHY

This stage is the result of continuous heartbreak for the fan base. Poor recruiting, continual "bubble" situations each year in March (See "Why do they call oscar Weber "Bubbles"?") This can start at different times for different fans. For realist fans, this typically starts in year 4 or 5. During this stage, there will be significant attendance issues for home games.  A lot of fans will actually forget that there was even a game until the next day when they happen to hear the score on the radio driving to work. This is a sad time for fans. You begin to question your loyalty to the school you love. The administration begins to take a lot of heat for allowing the unsatisfactory results to continue. The divide between the fan base gets even stronger. The message boards become a voice for the frustrated fans to express their anger. The WFF population begins to get quiet, as the results no longer support their meme.

Stage 6. HAPPINESS

Luckily, AD's typically change every 6-8 years. It is this change that will prompt the change of the Head Basketball coach, bringing joy back to the hearts of the fan base. The day it is announced that oscar Weber is no longer your head basketball coach is one of the best days of your life. It is one of those events where you will always remember where you were when you heard the news.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
Beat it you rough ridin' unoriginal shitbrain.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2014, 07:27:05 PM »
illinibri92?  More like illiniloserfuckface92.  Ha!
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2014, 07:56:41 PM »
I want to fight mixed nutz.   what an ass

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2014, 08:13:41 PM »
I didn't even know we had a game today. #drpepper

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
Well, he put together a pretty garbage'y 2014-15 college basketball team for my Kansas State Wildcats which I'm not happy about.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2014, 08:20:25 PM »
I mean, if we finish in the top half of the conference and make the tournament, it's all good.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 08:26:09 PM »
I mean, if we finish in the top half of the conference and make the tournament, it's all good.
Agree, but it won't be easy

Offline Rabid Cow

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2014, 08:38:09 PM »

The problem is there is no way in hell this team finishes top half of the league or make the tourney.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 08:38:18 PM »

And if we win out we will probably be a #1 seed!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »

The problem is there is no way in hell this team finishes top half of the league or make the tourney.

It's essentially the same team as last year. They are capable.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 08:43:05 PM »

It's essentially the same team as last year. They are capable.

Hard to believe but we would actually be better with William spradling. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best