Author Topic: Melania Trump  (Read 6055 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Melania Trump
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 11:21:52 AM »
WackyCat08, go away, you have no clue what is going on
Oh man, sure thing lil bro.  :lol:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »
Last night and the fallout is far more comical than any debate. Republicans staged a 4 hours of hate and everyone is laughing at them for it. It was perfect

Oh man, lib7 is wetting his pants  :lol:

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »
Thanks for the ratings boost, lib.  :love:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 11:33:59 AM »
If I wanted Trump to win, I would be pretty pissed that he can't go a single day without stepping in it.  Rudy threw out the good red meat, but other than that, what has he done that has furthered the case against Hillary since she was publicly shamed by the FBI director?  Why was tonight not spent actually prosecuting that case?  Why was the rollout on 60 minutes not spent actually prosecuting that case?

It is fine to think that Melania saying some cliches that Michelle also said is not a big deal (it isn't a big deal), but the messaging over the past week has been terrible and all over the place.  If this was someone competent, it would've been a deafening drum beat of why Hillary Clinton can not be president from a non-stop parade of respectable people.

As someone who does not like Hillary, it is incredibly frustrating to not have someone that I could ever consider voting for running for the Republicans.

Your premise is basically that Trump should be running triple I formation, instead of inverted wishbone.

Staying "on message" was only important when people could pay attention for more than 15 seconds. The unwashed masses decide elections and they're nothing but clickbait. The left figured this out circa 2006. Trump figured it out. The pubs still haven't figured it out.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 11:37:00 AM »
If I wanted Trump to win, I would be pretty pissed that he can't go a single day without stepping in it.  Rudy threw out the good red meat, but other than that, what has he done that has furthered the case against Hillary since she was publicly shamed by the FBI director?  Why was tonight not spent actually prosecuting that case?  Why was the rollout on 60 minutes not spent actually prosecuting that case?

It is fine to think that Melania saying some cliches that Michelle also said is not a big deal (it isn't a big deal), but the messaging over the past week has been terrible and all over the place.  If this was someone competent, it would've been a deafening drum beat of why Hillary Clinton can not be president from a non-stop parade of respectable people.

As someone who does not like Hillary, it is incredibly frustrating to not have someone that I could ever consider voting for running for the Republicans.

I agree with all of this. The theme last night has security. "Make America Safe Again." I'm not sure what the theme is tonight. But let's be honest - about the only thing most Americans will tune in for is Trump's speech. If he doesn't spend a portion of it laying out the case against Hillary, he will have missed an opportunity. And the I suspect he will mess this up, because he doesn't appear to have the (really minimal) intelligence to make the case against her malfeasance.

The speech will be interesting. The debates will be interesting. But this race is different because Trump is taking a page out of the Dem playbook by seriously dumbing down the GOP message to a few visceral themes. We're not going to see any eloquent higher level debate this time around. its going to be "war on women," "build the wall, blah blah blah.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:43:30 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 11:38:00 AM »
I assumed the pubs would take the Donald's success the hardest, but it turns out the libtards like lib7 are really suffering the most.  :ROFL:

Did you hear what he said!?!? To twitter to hyperbolize it!?!?  OMG, he's going to reinstate slavery!?!?  Let's publicize the crap out Donald while making ourselves look horified.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 11:45:02 AM »
Let the meltdown flow free fsd

:love:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 11:46:56 AM »
Staying on message controls what the clickbait is about.  The average person's clickbait takeaway from day 1 is that Melania ripped off Michelle.  Somehow you've convinced yourself it's a positive because Trump is in the news?   :ROFL: It's the Republican convention.  Trump was going to control the news anyways.

To win this election, either candidate needs to

A)Convince their base to show up
B)Convince America the other option is so distasteful that enough independents/moderates show up to vote for someone they don't like

Trump wasted free headlines that could've helped accomplish either

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »

Your premise is basically that Trump should be running triple I formation, instead of inverted wishbone.

Staying "on message" was only important when people could pay attention for more than 15 seconds. The unwashed masses decide elections and they're nothing but clickbait. The left figured this out circa 2006. Trump figured it out. The pubs still haven't figured it out.

I guess.  I seem to remember the 2004 convention being long on swift boat veterans for truth and that being an extremely effective at undermining John Kerry after he did his salute and tried to play up his Vietnam war service in contrast to Bush.  It was pretty devastating to the cornerstone of Kerry's case.  So far, Trump has no coherent message that surrogates and supporters can use in public.  There is a really easy pivot for each of them to use to get out of the media's constant attempts at "Trump said...what is your reaction?" but I've seen lots and lots of people actually on the Trump payroll look really bad because they don't have a good pivot to an attack on Hillary and they actually get bogged down in that.

I just don't find any evidence at all that Trump is running a competent campaign.  Look, it is certainly possible that despite himself Trump gets elected because Hillary is so unpopular and there is an additional bombshell out there.  But at this rate, that seems very unlikely both on the fundamentals of the race (voting by demographics/states) and on the substance of the race (the complete lack of Trump ads, the fumbles of the rollout/convention thus far, the lack of good messaging).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 11:50:27 AM »
As I actually look at the transcripts, this is a pretty weak case of plagiarism. It looks like a whopping two sentences were more less copied, but with a little repackaging, and the sentiments expressed are hardly novel. It looks like the speechwriter got a little too lazy but I'm not sure it even meets the technical definition of plagiarism (if we're using a Clinton word parsing standard).

By far the most interesting part of Melania's speech was not the "plagiarism," but the rickroll.

He will never, ever, give up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever, let you down.

Either Melania or the speechwriter is trolling America, and either way it's pretty funny.

Yes, I want my candidate to troll me.  awesome

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 11:51:52 AM »
if you're a republican and you're not embarrassed by the bullshit that has existed throughout this election, then I don't know what to tell you.  I certainly think it's embarrassing.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »

I agree with all of this. The theme last night has security. "Make America Safe Again." I'm not sure what the theme is tonight. But let's be honest - about the only thing most Americans will tune in for is Trump's speech. If he doesn't spend a portion of it laying out the case against Hillary, he will have missed an opportunity. And the I suspect he will mess this up, because he doesn't appear to have the (really minimal) intelligence to make the case against her malfeasance.

The speech will be interesting. The debates will be interesting. But this race is different because Trump is taking a page out of the Dem playbook by seriously dumbing down the GOP message to a few visceral themes. We're not going to see any eloquent higher level debate this time around. its going to be "war on women," "build the wall, blah blah blah.

The debates will be unbelievable.  I just fundamentally disagree that Trump has effectively dumbed down the GOP message to a few visceral themes.  They haven't carried because he rambles.  He would be much more effective if he could stay on message:

"MAGA"
"Law and Order"
"Build the Wall"
"Jobs, Manufacturing jobs, penalties for companies"
"China, Negotiate better trade deals"
"Hillary emails"
"Benghazi"
"Iraq judgement"
"Win again, respect from the world"
"MAGA"

But he doesn't do that and his surrogates don't do that.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 11:55:45 AM »
if you're a republican and you're not embarrassed by the bullshit that has existed throughout this election, then I don't know what to tell you.  I certainly think it's embarrassing.

Yea, but it's almost like, if you stuck it out this long on the Republican ticket, what could possibly get you to turn away?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
You could say this for either side.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
I can't imagine how Trump won't look horrible in a Presidential debate. In contrast to the primary debates, candidates have to be familiar with way more issues, talk much longer, and go into much greater detail. I mean, he's not going to be able to just talk over Clinton, repeating "LIAR, CRIMINAL HILLARY" for 90 minutes. I don't know if Trump is capable of handling it. We'll see!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »
I can't imagine how Trump won't look horrible in a Presidential debate. In contrast to the primary debates, candidates have to be familiar with way more issues, talk much longer, and go into much greater detail. I mean, he's not going to be able to just talk over Clinton, repeating "LIAR, CRIMINAL HILLARY" for 90 minutes. I don't know if Trump is capable of handling it. We'll see!

Did he ever do a debate in the primary with less than 4 people? I know when it came down to Ted and him he canceled the rest of the debates. It will certainly be interesting to see his strategy

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 01:28:57 PM »

Did he ever do a debate in the primary with less than 4 people? I know when it came down to Ted and him he canceled the rest of the debates. It will certainly be interesting to see his strategy

It is going to be amazing.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2016, 01:39:50 PM »

All you have to do is imagine him debating against hillary clinton. Saying liar to everything she says when be arguably accurate every time.

I'm surprised how reluctant the left is to acknowledge that this is a cripple fight of historic proportions.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2016, 02:01:43 PM »
I knew Obama was accused of this same thing before.  :dubious:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
 :D

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2016, 02:28:13 PM »
We need a name change to wackyfacebookvideoposter08

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2016, 02:44:14 PM »
http://www.youngcons.com/michelle-obama-caught-copying-parts-of-dnc-speech-from-saul-alinsky/  :Ugh:

Trump’s wife joins Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Joe Biden as accused plagiarists. Even Michelle Obama was accused of plagiarizing part of her own 2008 DNC speech.

Barack Obama: “Don’t tell me words don’t matter.” As then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) surpassed Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, largely on the strength of his oratory, Clinton said that Obama’s record was “just words.” Obama responded in a speech whose refrain was lifted from then-Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick. The Obama campaign did not even bother to refute the claim. Instead, it circulated examples of lines that it said Clinton herself had borrowed from Obama. The left media defended Obama, saying that he had not committed plagiarism, but merely, at worst, “poor footnoting.”

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2016, 02:54:09 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire