Author Topic: Iowa State was humiliated  (Read 4760 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa State was humiliated
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 06:42:12 PM »
How are we just finding out about this?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 07:34:11 PM »
To be fair, 14 rooms and a suite in HNL the week between xmas and nye woulda cost at least 5 or 6 grand

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 07:36:02 PM »
http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-basketball-inside-times-troubled-relationship-between-hoiberg-s-cyclones-and-isu

The actual article

“I don’t think Jamie was sad at all to see Fred go,” a source said. “I think there was some jealousy there.”

arguably worse than my sig.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 07:39:34 PM »
http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-basketball-inside-times-troubled-relationship-between-hoiberg-s-cyclones-and-isu

The actual article

“I don’t think Jamie was sad at all to see Fred go,” a source said. “I think there was some jealousy there.”

Also took away free tickets to home games for assistants.  I mean when Doc Sadler gets into a shouting match at his bosses house with the AD its pretty bad.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 07:59:55 PM »
i wouldn't say "took away" as much as "took away and then gave to boss' cronies' families"

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »

The actual article

Nah, that's worse. Currie was more like "Have fun at the KU football of basketball schools. Let's see how long you last". Pollard was more like a teenage girl who see's her ex with a hotter better girl and acts cool on the outside, but behind closed doors is throwing her things around the room, ripping her Justin Beiber poster (Paul Rhodes poster) off the wall, and bawling her eyes out while listing to My Chemical Romance.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 08:18:51 PM »
At a department-wide meeting early in the 2014-15 school year, Pollard cited rising coaching salaries as an issue for the athletic department, according to sources. While he didn’t mention Hoiberg by name, multiple people in the room felt the comments “were aimed directly at Fred,” one source said. - See more at: http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-basketball-inside-times-troubled-relationship-between-hoiberg-s-cyclones-and-isu#sthash.3KTmtH0M.dpuf

pretty rich coming from a guy that gave Proud Paul and his .375 conference winning percentage a 10 year extension

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 09:21:58 PM »
Didn't Pollard hire Hoiberg? WTF is wrong with that guy?

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 07:19:53 AM »
Pollard and Hoiberg came on the radio simultaneously to dispute the article. I was hoping we'd finally have a reason to get rid of Pollard, but nope. He's a dorkier, more egotistical version of ADJC.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 08:59:02 AM »
To be fair, 14 rooms and a suite in HNL the week between xmas and nye woulda cost at least 5 or 6 grand

they were provided by the tourney, i believe
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »
Jamie Pollard probably spent more money bitching about referees with Proud Paul than he would have had to spend for that last night in the hotel.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2015, 12:21:18 PM »

they were provided by the tourney, i believe
yes, but the cheapest flights back to the US depart HI at like 11 pm so the coaches and players all had to just hang out in a hotel ballroom the day after winning the tournament.  I bet Pollard really wanted to make them go straight from championship game to airport and save some cash by flying back on Xmas day.