Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 503274 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #4650 on: September 08, 2023, 11:07:13 AM »
You know what place continually whips ass? Houlihans.
Don't PI me for saying this but my favorite food/drink experience in Manhattan is getting pleasantly buzzed at Houlihans and then strolling around campus on a summer evening.

The only possible PI-worthy thing here is that you stop at pleasantly buzzed rather than taking advantage of their fabulous drink specials and getting fully pak'd.

If I'm remembering correctly, they had a stupid cheap Long Island night that would do the trick for us broke ass college kids.

You are remembering right and you're much younger than I thought. Houlihans wasn't even a thing until most of us were already olds.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: September 08, 2023, 11:11:03 AM »
Don't PI me for saying this but my favorite food/drink experience in Manhattan is getting pleasantly buzzed at Houlihans and then strolling around campus on a summer evening.

The only possible PI-worthy thing here is that you stop at pleasantly buzzed rather than taking advantage of their fabulous drink specials and getting fully pak'd.

If I'm remembering correctly, they had a stupid cheap Long Island night that would do the trick for us broke ass college kids.

You are remembering right and you're much younger than I thought. Houlihans wasn't even a thing until most of us were already olds.

I also went and did that cheap long island night thing while I was in school. I don't think they started it until my last couple of years tho and when I say we went I mean I went there maybe twice.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: September 08, 2023, 11:48:23 AM »

Gold Fork was fancy as crap!!!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 09, 2023, 01:18:46 AM »

Gold Fork was fancy as crap!!!

:excited:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: September 10, 2023, 08:44:56 AM »
Beefaroo sighting going to the game yesterday. Going up by Wendy's by West Loop.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: September 10, 2023, 09:33:03 AM »
Beefaroo sighting going to the game yesterday. Going up by Wendy's by West Loop.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Tom, what can you tell me about Beef-a-roo? I had never heard of it until I saw the location under construction in MHK. The kids say it sounds like a place that might serve kangaroo meet but their menu looks promising.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: February 08, 2024, 11:41:20 PM »
Sorry if it's already been posted, but Culvers opened end of Jan. Drive Thru line is finally slowing down a bit. Was stupid busy for a while
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: February 09, 2024, 05:22:05 AM »
Sorry if it's already been posted, but Culvers opened end of Jan. Drive Thru line is finally slowing down a bit. Was stupid busy for a while
This town loves its mediocre chain restaurants.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: February 09, 2024, 07:10:12 AM »
Aggieville brewing company.. have ate there haven’t had beers there yet. Hope the beers are good……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: February 10, 2024, 12:12:02 AM »
Aggieville brewing company.. have ate there haven’t had beers there yet. Hope the beers are good……

Beer is good. Was underwhelmed by the food but I went during the soft opening so will probably get better with time.

Tried new Mexican restaurant in the old Gumby's/Doughboy's/Bi Bim Bap space. Was not impressed at all. Was pricey and did not get full from entree (which is insane to say about food at a Tex-Mex restaurant).

Haven't tried Parkside Station yet but it looks great and have heard good things.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: February 10, 2024, 12:16:42 AM »

Beer is good. Was underwhelmed by the food but I went during the soft opening so will probably get better with time.

Tried new Mexican restaurant in the old Gumby's/Doughboy's/Bi Bim Bap space. Was not impressed at all. Was pricey and did not get full from entree (which is insane to say about food at a Tex-Mex restaurant).

Haven't tried Parkside Station yet but it looks great and have heard good things.
Man, Gumby’s and Doughboy’s deserved better. In college I lived at 9th and Bluemont so that alley was a safe walk home. The pizza rolls at Doughboys :Wha: my god. They were incredible. That’s one of my truly favorite pizza places that should have made it big.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: March 14, 2024, 10:35:59 AM »
New Casey's just opened on hwy 24 for all you Pott County MHKers.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: March 14, 2024, 01:52:27 PM »
My in laws live out by Pott2 area but I usually take the back dirt road to get to them based off of where I live. I drove 24 this weekend though and it blew my mind how quickly that thing went up!

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: March 19, 2024, 01:20:08 AM »
My in laws live out by Pott2 area but I usually take the back dirt road to get to them based off of where I live. I drove 24 this weekend though and it blew my mind how quickly that thing went up!
So fast!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: March 19, 2024, 09:44:47 AM »
I would also like to present a gem of a little spot only really open Friday and Saturday evenings if you are ever up by the north part of Tuttle.
North County Restaurant & Lounge in Randolph is pretty good food, price and atmosphere.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4665 on: March 19, 2024, 11:45:09 AM »
I would also like to present a gem of a little spot only really open Friday and Saturday evenings if you are ever up by the north part of Tuttle.
North County Restaurant & Lounge in Randolph is pretty good food, price and atmosphere.

Looks like this place is attracting some real weirdos / bots:

Mike Williams  recommends The North County.
  ·
I have Genital Herpes for 3 Years now. I have being Pain. American 🇺🇸 Doctor lie to US, That herpes have no cured. Now I see why they kill Dr Sebi, Because Herbal can cured the diseases. I Used herbs that Dr Solution Herbal Medicine Center send to me. I order it and I got the medication with the help of UPS and I used it believe me i got my cured the man is really. I was so scared that Medical Doctor told me that I couldn’t get cured. All thanks to herbal medication. Contact Doctor Solution, on WhatsApp: https://wa.me/+2349023074759
Email ?? : [email protected]

Seriously, the stuff on their facebook page looks great. Kind of a void in that part of Riley County since the demise of Nelson's Landing.