Author Topic: Nigel Gone  (Read 99642 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Gone
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »
Yeah, my point is the fact we recruited that many guys and missed is a big part of the problem. I don't separate recruiting that far from managing the players, they are inherently connected. JMHO.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »
there's still just a ton of smoke and nothing official.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »
I wonder how long GPC has been sitting on this Nigel news? I bet once Goodman tweets it out they'll be able to tell us.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »
there's still just a ton of smoke and nothing official.

I bet Fitz and his cronies would be rushing to squash this rumor if it weren't true, to save the reputation of their bud oscar. Although, it could be that they don't know any inside info about K-State sports, pretty much ever, so they have to stay quiet until someone else says something definitive.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 12:33:45 PM »
Welp.

DJamer
Foster
Westicles
Johnson
Thomas
Bolden
Edwards
M Harris
Hurt

Who gives a crap about Freshmen moving on. It is the effing Juniors to be leaving, it can't happen. Absolutely can't, they should be beyond the point of no return. 

We are about to go back to back to back with roster with 4 or less upperclassmen. Next year DJamer (4th year) Edwards (3rd), Westicles (3rd), Hurt (2nd), Malek (2nd) and a bunch of fresh meat.

:lol: mixed nutz continues to amaze

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »
this article might foreshadow what's ahead for k-state in 2015-16 (minus the presence of an NBA-level 7-footer, of course).

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/33144/illinois-looking-for-an-attitude-adjustment

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »
Nigel Gone-son, amirite?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 12:46:15 PM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 12:46:16 PM »

this article might foreshadow what's ahead for k-state in 2015-16 (minus the presence of an NBA-level 7-footer, of course).

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/33144/illinois-looking-for-an-attitude-adjustment

This is so oscar.

Now it'll be up to Weber to rebuild a team with more of a winning attitude. He'll get a head start on it as the Illini head to Italy in August for a preseason tour and some much-needed bonding time.

Thus far, the signs have been positive.

"I think this whole group is coachable," Weber told ESPN Chicago. "I think the other guys ... it was misconstrued they weren't coachable. I think they had limitations. They could only do so much with strength and physicality.

"I think maybe that extra discipline, that extra toughness, that extra work ethic, maybe they learn from the others. I tell them all the time to learn from past experiences, from others' experiences, their failures, so you can have success."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 12:47:27 PM »
I can not overstate the irony of the shield of "cleaning house" being wielded by the same people that argued Frank being forced out prevented "mass defections" because Frank had "lost the team."

Delicious

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 12:47:35 PM »
Yeah, my point is the fact we recruited that many guys and missed is a big part of the problem. I don't separate recruiting that far from managing the players, they are inherently connected. JMHO.
My point is that maybe we shouldn't look at this as an issue of missing on players, since many of them obviously have talent, but maybe entirely based around coach management.  I think we shouldn't be talking about missing on players and attitudes of players, instead focus on wtf the adults we're paying millions of dollars are doing to manage their jobs.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 12:48:30 PM »

I can not overstate the irony of the shield of "cleaning house" being wielded by the same people that argued Frank being forced out prevented "mass defections" because Frank had "lost the team."

Yeah.

Mixed, losing this many freshmen when you also lose guys that have been here magnifies the problem. So it matters to me.

I think Keeping Orris, Krap and Harris would of been bigger failures. It would be compounding a failure getting to the point of recruiting all of those guys it a failure in itself.
Harris wasn't anywhere close to the failures Krap and Orris were.  If Tre can overcome his debilitating addiction to the wacky tabbacky he has already proven he can be an effective scorer off the bench in a P5 league.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 12:50:27 PM »

My point is that maybe we shouldn't look at this as an issue of missing on players, since many of them obviously have talent, but maybe entirely based around coach management.  I think we shouldn't be talking about missing on players and attitudes of players, instead focus on wtf the adults we're paying millions of dollars are doing to manage their jobs.

Umm, that was my point too. Did you infer something from that as a defense of oscar?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 12:59:39 PM »

I don't think the recruiting has been bad, It is maintaining the locker that is the issue. But for some reason oscar can't stop tripping over his own feet. He can't maintain. He is now in a big hole and needs a big recruiting push to get out of it. He is not going to get that push. I would be a good time to reset.

If we didn't completely exploded this year, I think oscar would be very close to continuously landing what a K-State should look like. I think Chester is starting to get feel for the game. I think the 2015 class is pretty solid. I think we had what we need in the 2013 class. Fincher not qualifing really hurt, put us behind the 8 ball and it snowed balled. That is on the staff. We did get whipped in 2014. Trey was behind Nate Mason, Jevon Bess and Troy Holston. We completed whiffed on a 2 or 3. You can miss three times in row. We also missed on Michael Gilmore, that also sucks. But I think Hurt made sense for what we needed. It was the first battle the staff really won. We also backed into Malek when Buzz left and that was nice.

I spent sometime creeping on recruits during lunch. They have notice Marcus getting the boot and it is not a good look for us. oscar is in such a hole. He is done.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 01:01:22 PM »

This is so oscar.

Now it'll be up to Weber to rebuild a team with more of a winning attitude. He'll get a head start on it as the Illini head to Italy in August for a preseason tour and some much-needed bonding time.

Thus far, the signs have been positive.

"I think this whole group is coachable," Weber told ESPN Chicago. "I think the other guys ... it was misconstrued they weren't coachable. I think they had limitations. They could only do so much with strength and physicality.

"I think maybe that extra discipline, that extra toughness, that extra work ethic, maybe they learn from the others. I tell them all the time to learn from past experiences, from others' experiences, their failures, so you can have success."

it's pretty funny that k-state spent $1.8 million on a guy who begins his sentences with "i think maybe."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 01:03:43 PM »
I think we can all day that it is 100% clear that oscar has learned nothing from getting fired by Illinois.  He is repeating the same mistakes again and again.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 01:05:03 PM »
I think we can all day that it is 100% clear that oscar has learned nothing from getting fired by Illinois.  He is repeating the same mistakes again and again.

Does this make you any less confident that we'll retain oscar through 2020?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »
couple facts:

a) our recruiting has been dogshit (outside of foster). if there is a recent trend here it is negative (negative from dogshit is pretty bad guys)

b) oscar is an unlikable weirdo who cannot handle or get along with his players. this isn't a new thing since he arrived at ksu. it was well documented prior to him getting here.

I mean, where does that leave us? are we just hoping that these things suddenly change because oscar lost half of the team? why not just bite the bullet and fire him now? there is almost zero chance that this thing turns around.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 01:09:07 PM »

It very well could be a capacity error.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 01:09:13 PM »
I think we can all say that it is 100% clear that oscar has learned nothing from getting fired by Illinois.  He is repeating the same mistakes again and again.

Does this make you any less confident that we'll retain oscar through 2020?
No it makes me more confident.  Our Athletic Department is likely the one out there smearing players in leaks to the press.  Currie knows what commodity he bought and currently has.  Simply hiring a coach who was just fired from a program that was recently worse than your own tell you that a winning BBall program is not a priority. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 01:11:47 PM »
If oscar coaches 4 years has a Big 12 championship and makes the NCAA twice. I think you can shrug your shoulders and be fine with it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 01:14:03 PM »
If oscar coaches 4 years has a Big 12 championship and makes the NCAA twice. I think you can shrug your shoulders and be fine with it.

yes, if you are a huge loser

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »

yes, if you are a huge loser

:sdeek: :lol:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 01:15:49 PM »

Umm, that was my point too. Did you infer something from that as a defense of oscar?

Not a defense of oscar implicitly, no.  What I'm advocating is that knowledgeable K-Staters like yourself need to quash any reference missing on players or bad attitudes.  That language still implies there is an issue with the player which needs to be managed or integrated into a good team dynamic.  What I'm saying is that we need to look at what is going wrong with the team dynamic, and its pretty clear with oscar's track record here and at the Fightin' Breads that the dynamic falters first is with oscar and everything else becomes secondary.  I think we need to shift the conversation away from player management and and towards the manager.  Obviously we have players that can perform, its just a matter of keeping oscar from wrecking up the team.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 01:17:43 PM »
If oscar coaches 4 years and has 0 NCAA tourney wins. I think you can shrug your shoulders and be fine with it.

good rough ridin' lord.