Author Topic: OFFICIAL WELCOME MARCUS FOSTER THREAD  (Read 26248 times)

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL WELCOME MARCUS FOSTER THREAD
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 08:01:38 PM »
Sorry doodz but after the Miami non-consensual anal sexing, its hard to get excited about some dude with zero stars.  I'll check back with you guys in a few months.

4* from ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/117811/marcus-foster

Supposedly Rivals is going to be granting him his rightful 3* sometime in the near future.

How does an 80 equate to a 4*?  ESPN must've switched up their scoring system.

Online WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »
3* = 70-79
4* = 80-89
5* = 90-100

i think

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »
It's nice to finally have a coach who can recruit
JFC  :facepalm:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 10:51:30 PM »
WildcatNation pretty much has the right idea. They really have given it an overhaul, I think a lot of that is Telep's influence. I don't know if it's better at this point, but they've attempted to quantify the difference between high 3*/low 3*/high 2* etc.

Basically how breaks down is:

90 and above = 5*
80-89 = 4*
70-79 = 3*
60-69 = 2*

Their Top 100 for '13 is linked below

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

As you can see, their cutoff for the Top 100 is an "81" rating so that probably puts Foster in the 110-120 range. He's right on their low 4*/high 3* barrier.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »
when was the last time kstate signed or accepted a commit from four consecutive unranked (rivals 150) bball recruits?  2005 or 2006 maybe?  hard to recall.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »
when was the last time kstate signed or accepted a commit from four consecutive unranked (rivals 150) bball recruits?  2005 or 2006 maybe?  hard to recall.

OMG SYS HATES WEBER!   :runaway:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 08:36:50 AM »

OMG SYS HATES WEBER!   :runaway:
Weber and Currie hate us.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »
Article on Foster from his hometown(Wichita Falls) paper.

http://m.timesrecordnews.com/news/2012/sep/11/decision-made/

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2012, 08:57:24 AM »
WildcatNation pretty much has the right idea. They really have given it an overhaul, I think a lot of that is Telep's influence. I don't know if it's better at this point, but they've attempted to quantify the difference between high 3*/low 3*/high 2* etc.

90 and above = 5*
80-89 = 4*
70-79 = 3*
60-69 = 2*

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

As you can see, their cutoff for the Top 100 is an "81" rating so that probably puts Foster in the 110-120 range. He's right on their low 4*/high 3* barrier.

iowa state has two in the top 80. was fun while it lasted i guess.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 09:06:36 AM »

90 and above = 5*
80-89 = 4*
70-79 = 3*
60-69 = 2*

Not sure what "it" is, but that's nothing to just lay down and die about. They got some good players in Matt Thomas and Monte Morris. We'll get some too, we just got 1 yesterday.

A local rival landing talent is no reason to stop competing or wanting to compete.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 09:06:36 AM »
I get people not liking Weber or Currie or whatever. I don't get trying to downplay landing a pretty solid recruit. Is this what it's going to be like after all our wins this year? because, woof. at some point you have to wonder if people want to be right about Weber more than they want to win basketball games.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 09:10:16 AM »
I get people not liking Weber or Currie or whatever. I don't get trying to downplay landing a pretty solid recruit. Is this what it's going to be like after all our wins this year? because, woof. at some point you have to wonder if people want to be right about Weber more than they want to win basketball games.

yeah

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
like, I think Weber is going to suck ass in a couple years. However, I'm going to really hope he doesn't.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL WELCOME MARCUS FOSTER THREAD
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »
like, I think Weber is going to suck ass in a couple years. However, I'm going to really hope he doesn't.
well said

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »
well said
Yep. My stance this whole time as well.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2012, 09:39:10 AM »
This should be the only stance

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2012, 09:54:37 AM »

yeah

i just reread the thread and it's kind of debatable whether or not there were any posts that were downplaying the fact that we just got this guy. some discussion about whether or not he was actually the best player on his aau team, but that's about it. at this point in time it's like the basketball board is a bad marriage and people are reading things into things that aren't there and then next thing you know we're yelling in the living room and telling the kids to go play outside.

i mean is it not ok to bring up the fact that iowa state has a top 80 and a top 40 in the link that was posted and appear to be passing us in recruiting and talent without having to have a discussion like this? because if so, woof?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »

90 and above = 5*
80-89 = 4*
70-79 = 3*
60-69 = 2*

Not sure what "it" is, but that's nothing to just lay down and die about. They got some good players in Matt Thomas and Monte Morris. We'll get some too, we just got 1 yesterday.

A local rival landing talent is no reason to stop competing or wanting to compete.

"it" was iowa state being a doormat and us being some guy with really muddy shoes.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »
i just reread the thread and it's kind of debatable whether or not there were any posts that were downplaying the fact that we just got this guy.

no, it's not

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »
i just reread the thread and it's kind of debatable whether or not there were any posts that were downplaying the fact that we just got this guy.

no, it's not

yeah rick

Sorry doodz but after the Miami non-consensual anal sexing, its hard to get excited about some dude with zero stars.  I'll check back with you guys in a few months.

That's downplaying.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »

no, it's not

yeah rick

That's downplaying.

well if you don't see how those aren't debatable in their downplaying of foster specifically and certainly not posts that warrant this topic being discussed (again) then i'm not sure what to tell you. time to send the kids to their grandparents for the weekend maybe? :dunno:

because at some point in time we have to be able to actually discuss things like iowa state's recruiting and kstates last two years of recruiting and it should be also ok for jt to say hey guys it's still football season, we just beat miami by eleventybillion and this guy isn't even currently rated so it's not a big deal to him right now without the gestapo rushing in and acting like he just insulted fosters mom or something.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:38:52 AM by rick daris »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »

Obviously, the fear/concern that's driving negative posting, not buying tickets, etc. is the middle ground between winning like we've been accustomed to the last 5 years and sucking ass, and residing in that middle ground for the foreseeable future following this upcoming season.

In a few years, when wins in the last few games may be the difference between an NIT and more chicken nuggets vs. the thing being burnt to it's final ashes, eff yeah, go whoever's playing the cats that night.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »

Obviously, the fear/concern that's driving negative posting, not buying tickets, etc. is the middle ground between winning like we've been accustomed to the last 5 years and sucking ass, and residing in that middle ground for the foreseeable future following this upcoming season.

In a few years, when wins in the last few games may be the difference between an NIT and more chicken nuggets vs. the thing being burnt to it's final ashes, eff yeah, go whoever's playing the cats that night.

sure, and we did the same thing with Bill coming back. I'm glad you and I were wrong about that. I'm going to hope we're wrong about oscar and party if we are. I'm not going to be sad and wish I was right and fight every victory in hopes that I eventually am.