Author Topic: I hope we win  (Read 22236 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: I hope we win
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 09:12:05 PM »
So is The War over?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 09:12:39 PM »
this thread makes me profoundly sad.

me too. i hate oscar weber and john currie should no longer be allowed to choose the direction of our athletic teams. not the two that matter anyway. i love  all remaining players though and i will cheer them on from a distance next year with great passion. i wish they all transfered tomorrow for selfish reasons but if they are happy then that makes me less angry.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »
Weber = Victor Ojeleye

Can't blame him, he didn't really think he is qualified either but what's he gonna do? But I can still hate him.

The problem is Weber will probably fall into more Oklahoma State opening baskets than Victor did and so people will love him, when they shouldn't.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 09:15:50 PM »
you had like 10 posts about how there was 0 chance frank would leave for SC.

i predicted martin to usc from the instant the first message board rumor surfaced.  like, steve dave, i'm seldom wrong, but unlike steve dave, i'm also almost always right.

oscar weber is a disaster for kansas state, and the only chance to avoid that disaster is to force him out within three years.

i'm probably going to stop posting on this subject and just say that from here forward i agree with everything that either sys or chingon posts.

catzacker

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 09:16:27 PM »
i feel like if I give in to the Bruceside, that apathy will start to set in.  like, accepting oscar is like accepting someone pooping on you....but there was nothing you could do about it so you just started to get used to the smell and the poop stain on your shirt and started telling everyone how you didn't mind the smell and how you actually liked the smell of poop and how it wasn't really all that bad - and then you find out later it wasn't actually poop, it was just mud - and then you feel stupid because there you were, the whole time making yourself feel good about being covered in poop.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »
I wish he had some swagger.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 09:18:59 PM »
I can confirm that oscar Weber is an amazing person.

A little bit of inside info I'd like to share.

ANYWAY, good fried of mine is a pilot, and flys for KSU from time to time, so he's flown most of the coaches over the past year. He flew Weber home the other night to IL after his introduction here in Manhattan.

He told me that Coach Weber and his wife are easily the nicest people that he has ever met in his life. The pilots always get a hotel room, but he said Weber told them they were more than welcome to stay at his house, that he had extra room.

He said it was great experience and he's a fan already. Just thought I'd share some positives, and I post this as someone who's not been a big fan of the hire.

Sounds like we have a great person, and if we support him, let's hope he can get it done here.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »
I want to like him. I do. But after being the angriest fans in America, I just can't get excited about having this guy as our coach:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »
The pilots always get a hotel room, but he said Weber told them they were more than welcome to stay at his house, that he had extra room.

What a weird goofball.

catzacker

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2012, 09:22:11 PM »
The pilots always get a hotel room, but he said Weber told them they were more than welcome to stay at his house, that he had extra room.

What a weird goofball.

Swinger?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »
WAIT, DID MICHELLE WEBER COOK ROAST BEEF???? :surprised:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:16 PM »
i feel like if I give in to the Bruceside, that apathy will start to set in.  like, accepting oscar is like accepting someone pooping on you....but there was nothing you could do about it so you just started to get used to the smell and the poop stain on your shirt and started telling everyone how you didn't mind the smell and how you actually liked the smell of poop and how it wasn't really all that bad - and then you find out later it wasn't actually poop, it was just mud - and then you feel stupid because there you were, the whole time making yourself feel good about being covered in poop.
yes, apathy is worse for the program than any anger could ever be

but then again I think that's what Currie wants

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »

What a weird goofball.

Swinger?

Probably not although I like to picture oscar telling the pilot he has "room" at his house and the pilot shows up and they have to share a bed like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »
yes, apathy is worse for the program than any anger could ever be

but then again I think that's what Currie wants

yep

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:03 PM »
I don't think the times are the same as they were in the late 90s/early 00s. If Weber doesn't win the situation will be much more like Altman than Wooldridge. JMHO.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »

What a weird goofball.

Swinger?

Probably not although I like to picture oscar telling the pilot he has "room" at his house and the pilot shows up and they have to share a bed like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

I think you are thinking of an old episode of steve dave stories starring sdbro, an empty queen size bed in an adjoining suite and one king filled with sd and kk.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »
I'm not going over the top pro-weber...but I'll continue to be over the top pro-kstate
Very well put, Steve Dave, very well put.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »
I'm not going over the top pro-weber...but I'll continue to be over the top pro-kstate
Very well put, Steve Dave, very well put.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I appreciate steve dave putting this out there when the rest of us weber-ites or semi-weber-ites were scared to do it.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2012, 09:30:51 PM »
I can confirm that oscar Weber is an amazing person.

A little bit of inside info I'd like to share.

ANYWAY, good fried of mine is a pilot, and flys for KSU from time to time, so he's flown most of the coaches over the past year. He flew Weber home the other night to IL after his introduction here in Manhattan.

He told me that Coach Weber and his wife are easily the nicest people that he has ever met in his life. The pilots always get a hotel room, but he said Weber told them they were more than welcome to stay at his house, that he had extra room.

He said it was great experience and he's a fan already. Just thought I'd share some positives, and I post this as someone who's not been a big fan of the hire.

Sounds like we have a great person, and if we support him, let's hope he can get it done here.
that's nice...wooly was nice, and we had nice players,  life was so dreamy! nice becomes soft..this is my biggest fear

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2012, 09:31:58 PM »
I don't think the times are the same as they were in the late 90s/early 00s. If Weber doesn't win the situation will be much more like Altman than Wooldridge. JMHO.

We've already got "but he's such a nice guy" stories coming out of the wood work.  We've got a football team that even if it takes a dip, is in an entirely different place compared to the one in the Altman years.  He's likely going to have at least one pretty good year.

I think we're stuck with this guy for a minimum of five years, and probably six.  And chances are we won't have anywhere near the program momentum that we have right now.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »
Not saying Frank a was a horrible coach or person but things were definitely getting "messy". We are very fortunate to have oscar Weber, he's just what the doctor ordered for our situation. 
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »
I greatly distrust Weber.  He is going to have to give me a very good reason first before I begin to support him.   Simply being the coach for the team I am passionate about it not enough.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »
Not saying Frank a was a horrible coach or person but things were definitely getting "messy". We are very fortunate to have oscar Weber, he's just what the doctor ordered for our situation.

:blank:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2012, 09:34:10 PM »
So is The War over?

Yup.  We waited too long unfortunately.  Currie wins.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2012, 09:34:25 PM »
and I know its facetious, but we are certainly NOT fortunate to have Weber like we are some rough ridin' beggars in the street.  eff that crap.