Author Topic: I hope we win  (Read 22172 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: I hope we win
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 08:34:03 PM »
I'm in. Starting to like oscar. And hopeful he tweaks his motion offense. I like his defense.

I feel kinda bad that I compared him to Asbury and Wooly.

Stick with your gut on this one
:adios:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »
I'm in. Starting to like oscar. And hopeful he tweaks his motion offense. I like his defense.

Honestly after looking at it some more I think I was reactionary and not very fair. oscar and his basketball has some flaws, but I think he's a better coach than those guys.

catzacker

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 08:38:09 PM »
SD, are you just hedging your bets?  I kinda thought about doing that as well.  I mean, if someone who makes me uncomfortable gets a couple of transfers and that one coach and his kid from cmu, he might make this situation un-eff-up-able for at least 4 years.  I want my "i told you so" come much, much quicker and if it doesn't look like that will happen, then might as well start laying the foundatin of begruded acceptableness now.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 08:38:24 PM »
I don't understand how you can support oscar but not his hiring.  It's hard for me to hate Currie and not hate oscar.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »
Yeah, a 5yr old I told you so will be painfull personally and ill received.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 08:40:02 PM »

:dubious:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »
SD, are you just hedging your bets?  I kinda thought about doing that as well.  I mean, if someone who makes me uncomfortable gets a couple of transfers and that one coach and his kid from cmu, he might make this situation un-eff-up-able for at least 4 years.  I want my "i told you so" come much, much quicker and if it doesn't look like that will happen, then might as well start laying the foundatin of begruded acceptableness now.

No, I just realized that I don't hope he fails and that I hope I was wrong about it being an awful hire.  I'm rarely wrong about anything so there is probably no chance but I'm still hopeful. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
I don't understand how you can support oscar but not his hiring.  It's hard for me to hate Currie and not hate oscar.

The intial disappointment is over, what good does it do for me to be ticked off now? I'm generally a very content, happy person; I'm not going to waste energy being ticked off about stuff I have no control over. So I'm going to continue to analyze oscar Weber and his basketball and move forward. Find some things to be hopeful for in this basketball program.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »

No, I just realized that I don't hope he fails and that I hope I was wrong about it being an awful hire.  I'm rarely wrong about anything so there is probably no chance but I'm still hopeful.

you had like 10 posts about how there was 0 chance frank would leave for SC.

maybe you are just bad with coach predictions (a positive in this instance).
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »

Honestly after looking at it some more I think I was reactionary and not very fair. oscar and his basketball has some flaws, but I think he's a better coach than those guys.

He's a rich man's Wooly.  He won't go 4-6 games under .500 in conference every single year, he'll just do that once in a while & hang around at about .500 the rest of the time hoping for a mercy invite to the dance. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »

those were just to make frank look/feel like a loser that nobody wanted.  I assumed everyone understood that shtick.  I used it during the Frank to Miami thing as well. 

catzacker

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 08:50:09 PM »

I'm wrong about a lot of things.  I take pride in it. 

I just want to be overly excited about ksu hoops, and oscar just doesn't do it for me. at all.  every time I think about oscar Weber i have a look on my face like I just smelled the worst pile of crap I've ever smelled in my entire life.  I can't help it.  oscar reminds me of why I hate white, american basketball players.   (Ear muffs Pete)  I like my coaches like I like my women: dirty and fun.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 08:52:42 PM »
He might be oscar, but....HE'S OUR oscar.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2012, 08:53:27 PM »

those were just to make frank look/feel like a loser that nobody wanted.  I assumed everyone understood that shtick.  I used it during the Frank to Miami thing as well.

i was just trying to make you hopeful SD, and you had to go and bigtime me.   :cry:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

catzacker

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 08:55:43 PM »
also, the fear of giving in to the Bruceside is that he'll be ridiculously hard to get rid of if/when the time comes.  I mean, wooly was rough ridin' awful and still people wanted that bad person around because he was a "helluva guy".

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »
I think I want our next AD to be Stanbot.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
also, the fear of giving in to the Bruceside is that he'll be ridiculously hard to get rid of if/when the time comes.  I mean, wooly was rough ridin' awful and still people wanted that bad person around because he was a "helluva guy".
oh the same thing will happen again, k-state fans will love him like they never loved Frank.  it's already begun and he hasn't won a game yet.

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2012, 09:01:59 PM »
I WANT US TO WIN

Please those of you who still don't, let me know which trashcan I can pick up your season tickets in.

catzacker

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »
oh the same thing will happen again, k-state fans will love him like they never loved Frank.  it's already begun and he hasn't won a game yet.

this is why I wish Weber was black. no way would he ever be embraced by the collective then.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 09:04:15 PM »
Losses won't push out Weber.   A losing basketball team it not really a bad thing to our AD.

I hope we win too, but mostly because I know this will be last time for while the cats will be good in basketball.  Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.  Its twilight.

i'm with chings. our AD does not care at all about winning basketball. not one bit.

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 09:04:36 PM »

Disagree, K-State fans know winning basketball again thanks to huggy and frank and won't be fooled by weber's sorcery.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
this thread makes me profoundly sad.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 09:05:30 PM »

this is why I wish Weber was black.

Too many oscar oscar jokes would abound
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 09:05:48 PM »

this is why I wish Weber was black.
If he was he never would have even been interviewed (currie certainly looked at a diverse pool of candidates....)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »

i predicted martin to usc from the instant the first message board rumor surfaced.  like, steve dave, i'm seldom wrong, but unlike steve dave, i'm also almost always right.

oscar weber is a disaster for kansas state, and the only chance to avoid that disaster is to force him out within three years.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."