Author Topic: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread  (Read 106366 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2017, 10:21:02 PM »
LOL, the INT was horrendous. We could have ran way more clock and put UT way further back. We'd have been better off taking a knee (or had a clue what our objective was on that drive to begin with)

They had a timeout FSD.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2017, 10:21:54 PM »
The only coach that goes for 2 there, is the coach of a 3-8 team

You've got a team that has pretty consistently gotten 2-3 yards despite Texas knowing we are going to run.  You have a starting QB too banged up to play meaningful snaps in the 2nd half.  Going for two is absolutely the right call in that situation.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2017, 10:22:16 PM »
Not if we don't throw an int. That was the absolute worst putcome of that 3rd down play, fucktard
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2017, 10:23:01 PM »

You've got a team that has pretty consistently gotten 2-3 yards despite Texas knowing we are going to run.  You have a starting QB too banged up to play meaningful snaps in the 2nd half.  Going for two is absolutely the right call in that situation.

OK, coach beatty

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2017, 10:23:30 PM »
Not if we don't throw an int. That was the absolute worst putcome of that 3rd down play, fucktard

Oh, okay FSD  :lol:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2017, 10:24:30 PM »

OK, coach beatty

I will take that, because, unlike us, BEATTY rough ridin' BEAT TEXAS.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2017, 10:25:14 PM »
Only in goEtard can someone str8 face say an INT was a good play. I mean, I don't even  :facepalm:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2017, 10:26:15 PM »
Only in goEtard can someone str8 face say an INT was a good play. I mean, I don't even  :facepalm:

Wait, who the eff said that?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »
The "should we have gone for two" argument is meaningless because it is so simple. If you go for two and it works, it was the right call. If you go for two and it doesn't work (Georgia Tech vs. Tennessee this year), then it wasn't the right call. Likewise, if you don't go for two, kick the PAT instead, and ultimately lose, then you should've gone for two. If you went for two and missed, you should've kicked the PAT.

Far too much hand-wringing goes on about the should we/shouldn't we have gone for two. The answer is way more obvious than people want to make it.

But yeah, to me I was far more infuriated when we got the ball back with a minute and a half left to go and had no rough ridin' clue whether we were trying to drive downfield and kick a game winner or run out the clock. It was embarrassing and super bushleague.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2017, 10:28:21 PM »
YES, and then cornbread threw a horrendous INT.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »
The "should we have gone for two" argument is meaningless because it is so simple. If you go for two and it works, it was the right call. If you go for two and it doesn't work (Georgia Tech vs. Tennessee this year), then it wasn't the right call. Likewise, if you don't go for two, kick the PAT instead, and ultimately lose, then you should've gone for two. If you went for two and missed, you should've kicked the PAT.

Far too much hand-wringing goes on about the should we/shouldn't we have gone for two. The answer is way more obvious than people want to make it.

I get this point, and I was just jumping in that it made sense to go for 2.  I did not consider it a terrible coaching decision, so I guess not thread appropriate.  However, there were very compelling reasons to do it and I would not have been disappointed with the decision regardless of the outcome.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2017, 10:30:48 PM »

But yeah, to me I was far more infuriated when we got the ball back with a minute and a half left to go and had no rough ridin' clue whether we were trying to drive downfield and kick a game winner or run out the clock. It was embarrassing and super bushleague.

It's was too cute. If you go back with Sisco there you better do something that Delton is incapable of and that didn't happen. They tried to trick UT instead of doing what what seemed to be working.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »
This thread is too short

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2017, 10:33:21 PM »
Our coaching staff is bordering on inept at times. I guess that's because our head coach just turned 78 years old today (not an exaggeration). :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2017, 10:35:30 PM »
This thread is too short
Has anyone mentioned telegraphing the same blitz over and over and never checking out of it after ut changed their play?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2017, 10:36:19 PM »
This thread is too short
Has anyone mentioned telegraphing the same blitz over and over and never checking out of it after ut changed their play?

I've mentioned it about a dozen times

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 07, 2017, 10:38:48 PM »
This thread is too short

I've mentioned it about a dozen times
Good, thank you for doing that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2017, 10:39:26 PM »
This thread is too short

I'll wait for _FAN but I sure hope we were doing something different with the secondary on those, probably not tho.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2017, 11:09:37 PM »
This thread is too short

I'll wait for _FAN but I sure hope we were doing something different with the secondary on those, probably not tho.

I would be more disappointed, but honestly it seemed like we were more successful whenever the freshman QB did try to change the play.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2017, 11:10:33 PM »
LOL, the INT was horrendous. We could have ran way more clock and put UT way further back. We'd have been better off taking a knee (or had a clue what our objective was on that drive to begin with)

They had a timeout FSD.

the eff up was running on first down then calling time out.  If you are going to take a shot downfield, do it on first down.  If you connect, great, try to get in field goal range.   If you don't connect, run on second, even if they take a time out you can run again on third and virtually run the clock out before punting.  It was awful end of game management and almost cost us the game in regulation.  I was perfectly fine settling for OT, i was NOT fine with nearly not getting there.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2017, 11:20:26 PM »

The thing was, when Delton scored that TD in OT1, I had absolutely zero confidence on our defense and the defensive coaches to even muster up a stop, and that K-State had the momentum on that drive, I would have gone for two.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2017, 11:25:20 PM »
Defensive players are saying in their interviews that they had no idea the UT freshman QB could scramble weren’t expecting the QB run game. This shows how grossly unprepared the staff and team was.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2017, 11:30:51 PM »
K-State is usually the team that makes fewer mistakes and beats teams they should because of that. This year that doesn't seem to be the case.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 07, 2017, 11:32:50 PM »
Defensive players are saying in their interviews that they had no idea the UT freshman QB could scramble weren’t expecting the QB run game. This shows how grossly unprepared the staff and team was.

True. It wasn't like he hadn't played before this game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2017, 11:35:05 PM »

The thing was, when Delton scored that TD in OT1, I had absolutely zero confidence on our defense and the defensive coaches to even muster up a stop, and that K-State had the momentum on that drive, I would have gone for two.

That's really stupid, the defense allowed 6 second half points.