Author Topic: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread  (Read 106258 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2016, 08:40:31 PM »
I should say I like a lot about ertz. makes good decisions. fast. stuff like that. just the noodliest noodle arm. maybe it's broke, I don't know. like bazooka at least overthrew those wide open long routes. underthrowing them ever single time is infuriating.

He air mailed every deep throw before he herniaed his shoulder. His shoulder seems fine though he had really good zip on his passes today, too good, he seems to not have a change up on short routes.

I should say I like a lot about ertz. makes good decisions. fast. stuff like that. just the noodliest noodle arm. maybe it's broke, I don't know. like bazooka at least overthrew those wide open long routes. underthrowing them ever single time is infuriating.
I have no idea how he hasn't had more interceptions with that noodle of an arm. With so many laughably bad throws you'd think more would end up with the other team.

That miss on the throw to Pringle was rough. Pringle ran a great route and was 5 yards by his man and he still should have caught it, but the ball was way under thrown.

I hit him in the facemask

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2016, 08:43:59 PM »
No one mentioned that awful fake fg?

Oh man, what a bad sequence. From 2nd and 1 at the 6 to that terrible display. The pick 6 just a couple plays later probably took away from how awful it was.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »
he's under thrown shitloads of passes this year. maybe hurt, maybe bad arm, maybe bad decisions on how much to put on it. I don't know. whatever it is if he's going to keep doing that (which I'm making an educated guess he will given the evidence) we need to abandon those routes. I like a lot about what he does but that part is no bueno. I've said that for weeks.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2016, 08:47:38 PM »
that fake field goal was infuriating because we didn't just line up and go for it. OSU's defense sucks crap. that's not our best play there. armchair qb commenting on a play that didn't work disclaimer.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 08:49:39 PM »
Lochbiler (?sp) had a great day kicking the ball, not sure how that translates into getting an 11 yard rush though.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2016, 08:52:00 PM »
that fake field goal was infuriating because we didn't just line up and go for it. OSU's defense sucks crap. that's not our best play there. armchair qb commenting on a play that didn't work disclaimer.

Relatively speaking, OSU's defense isn't bad, probably Top 3 in the Big 12.

I agree, just line up and run a play there if you are going to fake it. I mean, I'm sure running out your back up kicker who has already missed a PAT and barely made a FG is a pretty good tip off that a fake might be coming.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 08:55:41 PM »
he's under thrown shitloads of passes this year. maybe hurt, maybe bad arm, maybe bad decisions on how much to put on it. I don't know. whatever it is if he's going to keep doing that (which I'm making an educated guess he will given the evidence) we need to abandon those routes. I like a lot about what he does but that part is no bueno. I've said that for weeks.
Bill is still infatuated with Waters/Lockett. He can't adapt an offense to his personnel any more.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2016, 08:57:31 PM »
I wonder if the utter failure of the fake FG played a part in the decision to not go for it on 4th down.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 08:58:29 PM »
Bill is still infatuated with Waters/Lockett. He can't adapt an offense to his personnel any more.

We ran the ball 56 times and threw 18 passes today and like 2 were more than 10 yards.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2016, 08:59:43 PM »

We ran the ball 56 times and threw 18 passes today and like 2 were more than 10 yards.
Well, yeah. So I'm wrong.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2016, 09:02:46 PM »
I mean, it sounds crazy to type "fifty six" as a legit number for rushing attempts. And to be as successful as we were at it, often gouging OSU with offtackle zone and zone read. It was fun to watch when it was clicking, it didn't matter who was at RB. Jones steps out of bounds and doesn't see the field until the last drive and was averaging 12 yards per carry. No matter, Barnes comes in and gets big runs too.

We absolutely need to develop some sort of passing game, but to see this offensive line and running game develop has been encouraging to me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2016, 09:05:21 PM »
The fact that we ran a ton and had huge success doing so isn't a convincing argument to me that the times we threw were valid.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2016, 09:36:14 PM »

Because we are doing our best to try and forget about it.  It was so effing awful that, at at least I, cannot believe it actually happened.  Makes me want to consider seriously hard drugs so that I drift off and nothing else matters anymore.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2016, 11:58:59 PM »
I am sick of the "we've got to figure out how to ride the hot hand" crap about the RBs because as soon as we find one, we pull them or go back to QB run. The 4th and 1 punt in the 4th quarter was set up by a Barnes run for 8 or 9 and then Ertz on 2nd and 3rd for nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

here's the thing about our RBs, they're all kinda good. I don't remember ever having so many kinda good options. we usually have like one and some trash. we just don't stick with them. we run designed ertz option run thing, or some shitty pass play and blow ourselves up. and then when we need 3 yards we go out of the gun in a slow developing run and get stopped. just run our kinda good RBs behind our somehow kinda good OL (great job here coaching staff btw) and get yards. But we get ertz either underthrowing some crap or slowly developing some QB thing or doing the delayed handoff 4 yards deep and I lose my crap.

I hate when we use the FB only formation in 3rd and short. It telegraphs we are running Ertz since Dimel isn't in a position to get the ball. Especially today when all we did was run.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2016, 12:00:08 AM »

Other than in the original post?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2016, 12:01:19 AM »

--Late with like 7 or 8 minutes left in the game, up 9 points, and we're past midfield in their territory. We have 4th and 1. Instead of just powering straight ahead with #FamilyFullback or Ertz, we punt. Two plays later, they throw an 82-yard touchdown pass

Barnes got a first down on that run. The ref spotted him 2 yards short though. Should've never had the 3rd and 1

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2016, 12:03:34 AM »
The PringleCat

No kidding. I assume Dana drew that gem up in a meeting this morning

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2016, 07:34:44 AM »

--Late with like 7 or 8 minutes left in the game, up 9 points, and we're past midfield in their territory. We have 4th and 1. Instead of just powering straight ahead with #FamilyFullback or Ertz, we punt. Two plays later, they throw an 82-yard touchdown pass

Barnes got a first down on that run. The ref spotted him 2 yards short though. Should've never had the 3rd and 1

Good to know, but irrelevantvto the discussion, actually.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2016, 08:06:19 AM »
I'm confused as to the roll of our safeties in this defense.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2016, 08:24:56 AM »

Well, the coaches could've decided to challenge it. That was one of the worst spots I've ever seen.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »

Well, the coaches could've decided to challenge it. That was one of the worst spots I've ever seen.

This.  B12 continue to show how bad they suck.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2016, 08:53:58 AM »
Evidence that Bill isn't really in control anymore.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2016, 08:54:57 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/DScottFritchen/status/795062869087789056

Welp

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
More evidence.  He can't explain a decision he didn't make.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2016, 08:56:27 AM »

I noticed this as well.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd