Author Topic: auburn game  (Read 19932 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
auburn game
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:42:22 AM »
i thought the iowa state game was the absolute worst that we could play and then last night happened. i mean what in the world was that crap? do we need to adjust expectations for this team and just admit that they aren't very good?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: auburn game
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 08:45:25 AM »
i thought the iowa state game was the absolute worst that we could play and then last night happened. i mean what in the world was that crap? do we need to adjust expectations for this team and just admit that they aren't very good?

I think we will get better as the season goes on and finish with 8 wins. Last year we lost a noconference game at home, and the team didn't let it kill their season. Let's just see how they respond.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 08:45:28 AM »
I dunno what to take from it. Auburn is horrible & would be a middle the pack team in the Big XII. Still can't figure out how we laid an egg & didn't beat them by 3 TD's or more.

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 08:57:50 AM »
Front 7 on D made big improvements over the Iowa St game

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 09:03:36 AM »
If we leave double digit points on the field against Baylor, OSU or OU we will lose by 20+

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 09:27:57 AM »
I dunno what to take from it. Auburn is horrible & would be a middle the pack team in the Big XII. Still can't figure out how we laid an egg & didn't beat them by 3 TD's or more.

lol. if auburn is horrible, what does that make a team that loses at home to them?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »
Gotta agree, we leave points like that on the field and a Big 12 team like Oklahoma or Baylor is literally going to fist eff us and we won't even be within 4 TD's at the end of the game.

Thank goodness it was an overrated SEC team and we at least still had a chance.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »

lol. if auburn is horrible, what does that make a team that loses at home to them?

that's kind of the point of this thread, dipshit. an open and rational discussions about the fact that our football team probably just isn't very good.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
i love how you guys act like auburn didn't leave any points on the field.

lol.

and no, you guys never really did have a chance to win. at what point in the 4th quarter did kansas state have the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead? just be glad there wasn't an extra minute left or you had an extra timeout to force auburn to continue running plays as the game ended because they likely would have scored again.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »

lol.

and no, you guys never really did have a chance to win. at what point in the 4th quarter did kansas state have the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead? just be glad there wasn't an extra minute left or you had an extra timeout to force auburn to continue running plays as the game ended because they likely would have scored again.

That's really the point, an Oklahoma or a Baylor catches those passes and houses them and thus walks out laughing at a 4TD win.   Auburn bumble effed around like an overrated/ over hyped SEC team against our merry band of DITR'ers and almost got beat.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »

lol.

it's like i'm saying "dang it, we stink" and then you are going "man you don't get it. you guys stink." so then i'm like "yeah dude. i know. we stink." and then you come back with "lol but guess what? you guys stink".

i mean we can keep doing this all day i suppose but at some point in time it justs seems like it would make more sense for you to just acknowledge that we are on the same team in terms of agreeing that our football team isn't good. it's frustrating for some of us because we thought that we might be and now after the iowa state game and last night, it's obvious we aren't.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 09:44:07 AM »

lol.

That's really the point, an Oklahoma or a Baylor catches those passes and houses them and thus walks out laughing at a 4TD win.   Auburn bumble effed around like an overrated/ over hyped SEC team against our merry band of DITR'ers and almost got beat.

whatever you say. most great teams have a mediocre performance from time to time. duke williams made a couple drops he doesn't normally drop. life goes on. great teams are the teams that can play poorly and still beat a pretty good team on the road.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 09:45:10 AM »
Texted an EMAW bud several times that I was glad we weren't playing OU or Baylor, otherwise they're breaking in the 3rd stringers by the 4th quarter.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »

lol.

Auburn missed a lot of deep passes, but you guys do that all the time. That is why we didn't have safeties over the top. We had no respect for your passing game and you proved us right.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 09:48:47 AM »

lol.

it's like i'm saying "dang it, we stink" and then you are going "man you don't get it. you guys stink." so then i'm like "yeah dude. i know. we stink." and then you come back with "lol but guess what? you guys stink".

i mean we can keep doing this all day i suppose but at some point in time it justs seems like it would make more sense for you to just acknowledge that we are on the same team in terms of agreeing that our football team isn't good. it's frustrating for some of us because we thought that we might me and now after the iowa state game and last night, it's obvious we aren't.

your team obviously has issues, but you guys aren't terrible. you converted a lot of key 3rd downs which really helped extend drives and keep auburn's offense off the field. if instead of 8-14 on 3rd downs you guys had been 4-14, then the game would have probably been a lot different. but you went 8-14... made enough plays to at least keep you in the game, but just made too many mistakes to win.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 09:49:14 AM »

lol.

whatever you say. most great teams have a mediocre performance from time to time. duke williams made a couple drops he doesn't normally drop. life goes on. great teams are the teams that can play poorly and still beat a pretty good team on the road.

so for the ninth time in this thread, you are going on record saying the kstate football team isn't good? fresh take jackass. guess what? 95% of us including myself agree. now quit mucking up my thread.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 09:49:23 AM »

I think we will get better as the season goes on and finish with 8 wins. Last year we lost a noconference game at home, and the team didn't let it kill their season. Let's just see how they respond.

I think we'll get better and get 7 wins.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »

lol.

Auburn missed a lot of deep passes, but you guys do that all the time. That is why we didn't have safeties over the top. We had no respect for your passing game and you proved us right.

the difference was a couple in this game were actually right on the money. marshall's accuracy wasn't the problem... it was the supposedly sure-handed receivers.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
Daniel Sams could have made every throw Jake made last night.  There were zero throws where you were like "whoa that was a great throw, he really rocketed that one, or, he really fit that one into a tight window." They were all just normal throws that Sams and pretty much any other D1 QB could make.  Difference being Sams would have broke contain tons of times and high-stepped into the hearts of espn and everyone watching while leading the cats to victory.  I truly believe that, and nothing will ever change my mind.  I'm not going to talk about it any more.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 10:01:48 AM »
Daniel Sams could have made every throw Jake made last night.  There were zero throws where you were like "whoa that was a great throw, he really rocketed that one, or, he really fit that one into a tight window." They were all just normal throws that Sams and pretty much any other D1 QB could make.  Difference being Sams would have broke contain tons of times and high-stepped into the hearts of espn and everyone watching while leading the cats to victory.  I truly believe that, and nothing will ever change my mind.  I'm not going to talk about it any more.

Agree.  But you have to remember, that high stepping made Dana Dimel really mad and #Life didn't know the playbook backwards and forwards and back again and thus couldn't check us into bad plays consistently like Jake Waters.    So there you have it.

Afterall, according to D. "Never blame the coaches" ScottFritchen, Jake can check anytime he wants.

Offline Lizard of Oz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 10:03:34 AM »
My humble is opinion is that KSU has a pretty damn good team. Whatever you cats want to say is fine but I know Auburn has a great team this year so I am not worried about them. Also, you guys are selling yourselves short on your team. From what I saw, and what I know about Auburn, KSU should have an outstanding year. Matter of fact, I hope you guys do because those players fought their asses off last night. I believe this game will be like Auburns last year against LSU. Its the game where the lights truly came on even in a loss.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 10:05:13 AM »
My humble is opinion is that KSU has a pretty damn good team. Whatever you cats want to say is fine but I know Auburn has a great team this year so I am not worried about them. Also, you guys are selling yourselves short on your team. From what I saw, and what I know about Auburn, KSU should have an outstanding year. Matter of fact, I hope you guys do because those players fought their asses off last night. I believe this game will be like Auburns last year against LSU. Its the game where the lights truly came on even in a loss.

Meh.  Auburn is a 3 loss team this year and K-State is a 5 loss team.  No biggie.

Offline Lizard of Oz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »

Meh.  Auburn is a 3 loss team this year and K-State is a 5 loss team.  No biggie.

Lets discuss this again in November.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »

Lets discuss this again in November.

Meh.

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »

granted i'm not that familiar with sams... but i thought waters made a couple really nice throws. one where he got 9 or 11 yards on 3rd and 8 as they were approaching the red zone... and another where he rolled out to the right and found i believe a tight end near the sideline for 20 yards. i want to say there was 1 more too...