Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3216795 times)

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #9675 on: October 25, 2014, 02:34:09 AM »
idk if this has been addressed yet - - don't care if it has.

Why would Jim go to Rape U?
http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Judge-seals-affidavits-in-KU-rape-allegations-280312782.html?llsms=1024902&c=y

They both posted $50,000 bonds last week and are still enrolled at their schools.

I can't wait to see the look on your face when Harbaugh announces to the world that he is going to Rape U.

How cute.
Back for more bad takes.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: October 26, 2014, 09:55:03 AM »
KSU has demonstrated their ceiling is one fluke coach hire. That "success" is  4-29 vs Top 10 teams, No National Championship games, no BCS bowl wins. one bowl win in the last decade and a lot of
T shirts.  KSU has tired to hire two coaches , First they hire the Prince mess.  , then KSU could not find anyone that wanted the job so Old balls had to come back.   The Fluke is Snyder has stayed 25 years , that may never happen again at any school.

KU has had Glen Mason in the 90's and Mark Mangino in the 2000's bring success to KU , Multiple bowl wins, BCS bowl win and both had top 10 teams.   If Mangino or Mason stayed 25 years they would have similar success maybe more.

:lol:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: October 26, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »
KSU has demonstrated their ceiling is one fluke coach hire. That "success" is  4-29 vs Top 10 teams, No National Championship games, no BCS bowl wins. one bowl win in the last decade and a lot of
T shirts.  KSU has tired to hire two coaches , First they hire the Prince mess.  , then KSU could not find anyone that wanted the job so Old balls had to come back.   The Fluke is Snyder has stayed 25 years , that may never happen again at any school.

KU has had Glen Mason in the 90's and Mark Mangino in the 2000's bring success to KU , Multiple bowl wins, BCS bowl win and both had top 10 teams.   If Mangino or Mason stayed 25 years they would have similar success maybe more.

This is gold.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: October 26, 2014, 10:15:03 AM »

This is gold.

Oh, wow.  I'm not even angry, just incredibly embarrassed for them. 
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: October 26, 2014, 10:30:28 AM »
Combined, Mason and Mangino were 97-102-1.  Their "Bill Snyders" have roughly half as many wins and more losses as ours. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: October 26, 2014, 10:32:06 AM »
I would be all for them signing glenn mason to a 25 yr contract.  I mean, if that is what they want, I would support them as usual.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: October 26, 2014, 10:47:04 AM »
The 2008 orange bowl set their program back at least a decade.  It's sad really.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: October 26, 2014, 10:49:23 AM »
Wetwille still can't get over the fact that KU has the only BCS Bowl win  in the state.  Sad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: October 26, 2014, 10:57:36 AM »
They've been every bit as lucky with their basketball hires, because despite what some ku revisionists will say, their administration(s) bumbled and stumbled around like clueless dolts and fell into Larry Brown and then a total unknown in Roy Williams.    The end of the Ted Owens era at ku was .500 basketball and thousands of empty seats.    Self was their first legitimate process hire in decades and the law of averages is working against them on the next one.   I've got nothing against cheating, but every era of good ku basketball has been marked with ku basketball being on probation and we all know if they were to be investigated again, they'd be on probation again.    But hey, that's not how the NCAA rolls and we are talking about an entity in the NCAA that at first said the "Carolina Way" was an institutional issue, not an athletic issue (we'll see if that changes).    So my thoughts are . . . cheat your ass off.   I digress.

Neither Mason or Mangino could carry Snyder's Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl jacket.   Glenn Mason probably would have stayed at ku longer leading them to a decent season here or there, but the ku fans and administration repeatedly showed they didn't give a crap about football.    Mangino fell into the biggest fluke season, where they didn't win a single regular season game against a Final Top 25 and they lost to the only Final Top 25 team they played in the regular season.    As soon as the Big 12 schedule flipped and they had the tough South teams, they crapped the bed.   Mangino was 1-5 vs Snyder and needed Alan Webb at QB, a hook-and-ladder and a batted down pass in the endzone to beat a really shitty K-State team at home.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:01:34 AM by sonofdaxjones »

The Big Train

« Reply #9684 on: October 26, 2014, 12:21:33 PM »
it's just so sad  :frown:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: October 26, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »
Posted: Yesterday 6:32 PM
82 points Post Rating (7 votes)
The number of points KU football has scored since the first game against sE Missori State.

82 points. How many points TCU just put up on Texas Tech.

Pathetic.

:frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #9686 on: October 26, 2014, 11:34:40 PM »
they scored 58 points in 2 games against schools that are not D1 - 2-0
they scored 58 points in 5 games against FBS schools(with 2 games being 3 points or less) - 0-5

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: October 27, 2014, 09:12:10 AM »
Posted: Yesterday 6:32 PM
82 points Post Rating (7 votes)
The number of points KU football has scored since the first game against sE Missori State.

82 points. How many points TCU just put up on Texas Tech.

Pathetic.

The difference here being TCU ran up the score against Tech.  KU is running up the score against everybody. :tsc:

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »
4-29 vs Top 10 teams

They really love this talking point I've noticed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: October 27, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »
4-29 vs Top 10 teams

Over the time that 4-29 against Top 10 teams was compiled, the number of teams who went out and dominated against Top 10 competition over a 25 year period is exactly . . . zero.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9690 on: October 27, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »
4-29 vs Top 10 teams

Not as much as winning an irrelevant bowl game.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: October 27, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »
Their new talking point is that Snyder gets lucky every game because our opponent always has a key injury (or two!), or has a costly turnover (that we had nothing to do with) or they do something else dumb. Really the only reason we beat OU in Norman the past two tries or won against TCU last year.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: October 27, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
Their new talking point is that Snyder gets lucky every game because our opponent always has a key injury (or two!), or has a costly turnover (that we had nothing to do with) or they do something else dumb. Really the only reason we beat OU in Norman the past two tries or won against TCU last year.

It's still 2007 for all 7 ku football fans, leave them alone.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: October 27, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
When Kstate won their Big XII Title...they had to face Texas and Oklahoma.

KSU won the North outright twice....and made Missouri their bitch all through the 90's.

Then timewarp to '08 and winning the Orange Bowl against one of the most pud schedules in the history of the sport is all that's left..

Now their bathrooms in the "stadium" are broken .......and someone said the preztels are dryer than a popcorn fart. I no longer feel bad for them. (removed track tho)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:17:12 PM by Bookcat »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: October 27, 2014, 12:56:10 PM »
When Kstate won their Big XII Title...they had to face Texas and Oklahoma.

KSU won the North outright twice....and made Missouri their bitch all through the 90's.

Then timewarp to '08 and winning the Orange Bowl against one of the most pud schedules in the history of the sport is all that's left..

Now their bathrooms in the "stadium" are broken .......and someone said the preztels are dryer than a popcorn fart. I no longer feel bad for them. (removed track tho)

Removing the track just to stop us from making fun of them but replacing it was asphalt was so stupid on their part I still cannot believe theydid it.

they are truly our bitches

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: October 27, 2014, 12:58:17 PM »
They really could use some moist pretzels, you know?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9696 on: October 27, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »
Removing the track just to stop us from making fun of them but replacing it was asphalt was so stupid on their part I still cannot believe theydid it.

they are truly our bitches

Well, to be fair, we were really mean about the track.  I'm sure it hurt their feelings.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: October 27, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »
Does an AD really get an "atta boy" for signing a lease to a project built miles off campus, when the original plans were to build the same project on campus and finance it yourself?

Hmmm, a pickle.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: October 27, 2014, 02:22:48 PM »
If most fans can't drunkenly walk to it in a reasonable amt of time, it didn't happen.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: October 27, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »
If most fans can't drunkenly walk to it in a reasonable amt of time, it didn't happen.

Yep.