Author Topic: Good burger discussion (non-lamb burger related but also tasty and delicious)  (Read 61094 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Anyone had BRGR in Prairie Village yet?  Ok, not as good as Blanc.  They have this really crapty ketchup/catsup :dunno:  For you poor bastards, it is cheaper than Blanc.  All beer is in can form, no bottles.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Partook in burger week by going to Five Guys yesterday.  Better than I remembered.

Double cheeseburger with bacon.  Got the BBQ sauce.  Very solid.

Looked in vain for pineapple on the menu.  There wasn't any.  Wished I had a can of Dole pineapple in my pantry that I could have cracked open to put on top.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I have a special recipe burger- tiger meat with tiger sauce + cheese made from tiger milk.  I call it The Tiger. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
giant arugula burger (sliced tomato, minced onion, bacon, blue cheese, chipotle, catsup, arugula).  good, but not as good as it could have been.  to be honest, the young grenache slapped the burger silly and stole the show.  incredible drinking value.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
arugula is stupid

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
arugula is stupid

hey, dumbass, that burger is done.  telling me crap i just found out gets us nowhere.  mushroom pate burger coming up tomorrow, give me something i can use.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
arugula is stupid

hey, dumbass, that burger is done.  telling me crap i just found out gets us nowhere.  mushroom pate burger coming up tomorrow, give me something i can use.

I'll give you something you can use; pate almost always tastes like crap.  Any way out of it, or are you honor bound to eat that?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'll give you something you can use; pate almost always tastes like crap.  Any way out of it, or are you honor bound to eat that?

i mean it's not really pate.  i'm just planning on grinding the 'shrooms into a delicious paste after sauteing with wine and rosemary (maybe bacon).  i can still abort and go with sliced or chopped, but i'm not sure i want the texture.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

i mean it's not really pate.  i'm just planning on grinding the 'shrooms into a delicious paste after sauteing with wine and rosemary (maybe bacon).  i can still abort and go with sliced or chopped, but i'm not sure i want the texture.

Worth a shot, I guess.  You probably want to do some sliced mushrooms in the marinade as well, just in case pate disappoints.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pancetta

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pancetta

the bacon i have is really good.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
marinate the beef in a burgandy, garlic and pepper.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I have a special recipe burger- tiger meat with tiger sauce + cheese made from tiger milk.  I call it The Tiger. 

You and everyone else I know.  Might as well call that the "major copycat burger"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
marinate the beef in a burgandy, garlic and pepper.

will do, thx (but subbing burgundy for cheaper, already open red).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You and everyone else I know.  Might as well call that the "major copycat burger"
impossible to copy since i invented it.  boom, roasted /thread.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
next time you get drug to Lawrence, hit up Dempsey's Pub for the burgers.   Try the Kobe and the duck fat fries.    Thank me later.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

You and everyone else I know.  Might as well call that the "major copycat burger"
impossible to copy since i invented it.  boom, roasted /thread.

Ok then, I invented beer and saltine crackers.  there

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
impossible that you invented beer b/c it's been around since before you were born.  boom, roasted.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
impossible that you invented beer b/c it's been around since before you were born.  boom, roasted.

My great grandpa who ate a burger made of tiger meat, with tiger sauce and tiger milk cheese every saturday since 1921 just laughed at you so hard he broke his hip.  There

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
next time you get drug to Lawrence, hit up Dempsey's Pub for the burgers.   Try the Kobe and the duck fat fries.    Thank me later.

the truffle fries are better imo.

this place is pretty incredible and the prices are reasonable for the quality of food.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
Hey, bad person! Dempsey's has already been mentioned. Only, it's not Dempsey's that makes the burgers, it's the Burger Stand. And the truffle fries are way better than the duck fat fries.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

My great grandpa who ate a burger made of tiger meat, with tiger sauce and tiger milk cheese every saturday since 1921 just laughed at you so hard he broke his hip.  There
i know for a fact that your grandfather did not eat Tiger burgers because all tiger meat in the 20's was contaminated with a type of poison that would automatically kill you before you actually ate it.  checkmate.  boom,  roasted /thread.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
sys, update?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Hey, bad person! Dempsey's has already been mentioned. Only, it's not Dempsey's that makes the burgers, it's the Burger Stand. And the truffle fries are way better than the duck fat fries.

hey dickwad, while that is technically true, good luck telling somebody to go to the Burger Stand and watch them drive up and down the street looking for it.   Eat my ass.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

hey dickwad, while that is technically true, good luck telling somebody to go to the Burger Stand and watch them drive up and down the street looking for it.   Eat my ass.

mods? are we seriously going to allow this type of behavior?! MODS?!

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: