Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 765618 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #7025 on: August 03, 2018, 09:16:46 PM »
I have heard 2 theories

1) wasn't offered
2) Russian mob would kill him

Considering those options. Isn't a presidential pardon still in play. Even with a couple years in jail it still seems like a pretty good deal.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: August 03, 2018, 09:17:51 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: August 03, 2018, 09:18:44 PM »
i recommend the august 2 episode with adam davidson

https://www.vox.com/ezra-klein-show-podcast
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: August 05, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »
Russia’s Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it had made U.S. actor Steven Seagal its special representative for Russian-U.S. humanitarian ties, a role it said was meant to deepen cultural, art and youth ties between the two countries.

President Vladimir Putin presented a Russian passport to U.S. actor Steven Seagal in 2016, saying he hoped it would serve as a symbol of how fractious ties between Moscow and Washington were starting to improve.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-usa-seagal/russia-tasks-hollywood-actor-seagal-with-improving-u-s-ties-idUSKBN1KP0NP?il=0

Unrelated, but remember that time Putin stole Bob Kraft's Superbowl ring?  :D

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: August 05, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1026084333315153924

I thought that crap was about adoptions  :dunno: :confused:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: August 05, 2018, 03:16:11 PM »
that was like 19 goalpost moves back

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: August 05, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »
:D
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: August 05, 2018, 04:11:45 PM »
that was like 19 goalpost moves back

Yeah the Magnitsky act excuse died last year.  To be fair, only the most gullible of idiots bought it
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:58:21 PM by Dugout DickStone »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #7034 on: August 05, 2018, 06:43:47 PM »
I see we're back to regurgitating months' (years' m) old news.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7035 on: August 05, 2018, 08:39:48 PM »
I see we're back to regurgitating months' (years' m) old news.
He admitted the meeting was about getting dirt on Hillary years ago?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: August 05, 2018, 11:52:21 PM »
He admitted to the meeting years ago?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: August 06, 2018, 07:28:30 AM »
I’m not sure what the bombshell is. Trump admin acknowledged over a year ago that Trump Jr accepted the meeting under the pretext of getting dirt on Clinton. But the actual content of the meeting turned out to be about the Magnitsky Act.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

That’s not illegal, nor is it unusual for a campaign to take meetings with folks promising dirt on the other side. What has changed?

The Times and others seem to be conflating the pretext under which the meeting was arranged - dishing dirt - with what the actual focus of the meeting ended up being, to the campaign’s disappointment. That’s not inconsistent. Purported purpose of the meeting versus what was actually discussed are two different things that can both be, and likely are, true.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: August 06, 2018, 07:33:08 AM »
I just can't figure out why the president is lying about not knowing about the meeting. Why do you think he's lying about that kdub?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: August 06, 2018, 07:40:00 AM »
I’m not sure what the bombshell is. Trump admin acknowledged over a year ago that Trump Jr accepted the meeting under the pretext of getting dirt on Clinton. But the actual content of the meeting turned out to be about the Magnitsky Act.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

That’s not illegal, nor is it unusual for a campaign to take meetings with folks promising dirt on the other side. What has changed?

The Times and others seem to be conflating the pretext under which the meeting was arranged - dishing dirt - with what the actual focus of the meeting ended up being, to the campaign’s disappointment. That’s not inconsistent. Purported purpose of the meeting versus what was actually discussed are two different things that can both be, and likely are, true.

One of the saddest posts oat

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: August 06, 2018, 08:45:09 AM »

That story doesn't have any public formal statement from the Trump administration? Only fake secret sources.

Yeah we all knew what the meeting was for... That's not a bombshell.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: August 06, 2018, 09:11:39 AM »

:frown:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: August 06, 2018, 09:48:13 AM »

He's listless.  Won't eat.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: August 06, 2018, 10:03:34 AM »

That story doesn't have any public formal statement from the Trump administration? Only fake secret sources.

Yeah we all knew what the meeting was for... That's not a bombshell.

Sorry, I thought that NYT article I linked had the actual statements. Here they are:

July 8, 2017: "It was a short introductory meeting. I asked Jared (Kushner) and Paul (Manafort) to stop by. We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up."

July 9, 2017: "I was asked to have a meeting by an acquaintance I knew from the 2013 Miss Universe pageant with an individual who I was told might have information helpful to the campaign. I was not told her name prior to the meeting. I asked Jared (Kushner) and Paul (Manafort) to attend, but told them nothing of the substance. We had a meeting in June 2016. After pleasantries were exchanged, the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information. She then changed subjects and began discussing the adoption of Russian children and mentioned the Magnitsky Act."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/09/full-statement-by-donald-trump-jr-on-sundays-new-york-times-report.html

July 10, 2017: "Obviously I'm the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent... went nowhere but had to listen."

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/884395618784993280

Ok.... None of those statements are inconsistent. I suppose you could argue that Trump JR's first statement was misleading because it omitted the purpose of the meeting, but they're not inconsistent when read together. They arranged the meeting on the pretext of getting dirt on Clinton. The promised dirt was a sham pretense to discuss other matters. What's the story here? What's the crime? Is anybody at all shocked that a campaign would take a meeting if promised dirt on the other side? :dunno:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:07:41 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: August 06, 2018, 10:05:39 AM »
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1026177474273726469?s=19

:lol: Now we've arrived at "attempted COLUSION." Because some Trump campaign staffers took a meeting with a Russion lawyer promising dirt on Clinton.

Question: if that's "attempted COLUSION," what would you call the HRC campaign's paying for a dossier full of salacious and unconfirmed Russian gossip and then feeding that to the FBI?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: August 06, 2018, 10:09:55 AM »
You are flailing. You don't have to do this. You don't owe him anything.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: August 06, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
Mueller is going to kick Trump's ass so hard.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: August 06, 2018, 10:12:11 AM »
There is no legal distinction between attempted conspiracy and conspiracy. You’re better than this KSUW.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: August 06, 2018, 10:14:34 AM »
I just can't figure out why the president is lying about not knowing about the meeting. Why do you think he's lying about that kdub?

Serious question: Is he lying? Based upon what? The claim by Michael Cohen? I admittedly haven't followed the twists and turns of this so if there is other evidence that Trump knew of the meeting I'll stand corrected.

But just for the sake of argument, let's assume Trump did know about the meeting. Does that mean he "lied." Maybe. It wouldn't be the first time he, or any other president, has lied about something politically embarrassing. Or, maybe he just flat out forgot about it. Campaigns are busy things. They holds thousands upon thousands of meetings. Who knows? More importantly, who cares? You guys are obsessed about this Trump Tower meeting - but there is absolutely nothing illegal or even politically unusual about it.