Author Topic: Let's Get a Few Things Straight  (Read 14381 times)

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get a Few Things Straight
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2014, 11:17:05 PM »
The news regarding Clink is off the charts good.  The only reason he wasn't recruited by every national program is because he was a qualifying long shot.  We took a risk, and it paid off.  He was much more important to this year than Derricott.  Even if Derricott is in good shape (I still think he was trolling with that picture), he was going to be behind Davis and Moore.  Davis is going to be stud.  Our D is going to be awesome for next two years.

The only position that worries me is left tackle.  Lucas didnt have the all-American season I thought he would last year, but he was still very good.  Apparently nobody (including Hayes) has stepped up in that position.  For the whole Waters-to-Lockett thing to work, we can't have our qb getting speared in the back.....like the last time we played Auburn.

I agree. The only concern I really do have is the OT's. The guards and centers, not so much, but the RT and LT is a concern. I would not be one bit surprised to see some double TE formations to provide some protection on the T positions, or Gronk lined up at the TE position.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »
I, for one, am still concerned about LB until we see them.

i'm concerned about the fact that we don't have a single NFL caliber player on our defense, but i'm a worrier

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »
Does anyone else hear Tull's: "Thick as a brick" everytime you read one of #LIFE's posts?

The worst part is that I'm not sure if its the remarkable parallelism between #LIFE's disposition and the title or the song or just the fact that he comes across so fruity that I instantly think that he's just a fruity commie bastard.

At any rate I thought I would give you folks that have had the pleasure of not reading the past several pages a quick recap of #LIFE's weak assed "smack" since he's been here...

More along the lines of he is a shitty QB and can only throw up bombs to TLBL after he clowns fools

Better to agree with your buds than admit that the most glaring weakness on this team is a QB that can do nothing but throw a deep ball to a guy that can beat double coverage all by himself.  Let's book a charter to Ames...that's where most of you losers belong

There is a lot of people that agree with me, they're just afraid to go against the groupthink of the gE fanboys.  Wait until a couple games in when that rough ridin' hillbilly is throwing 5 INT's a game and see how the groupthink changes.  You rough ridin' idiots with your "we can only have 1 idea" are pathetic.  Have fun being happy with 6-6 dipshits

Brilliant.....  :jerk:

I'm not even sure I could assort you as an adversary at this point because in order to be considered an opponent, there would need to be a contest.

Thus far, the only thing you have schooled anyone on is the finer points of being an insufferable idiot.

And give it up already, pal. Daniel Sams is gone. We moved on. Apparently you're still stuck in the past and quite frankly, the way your luck is going, if you won a pussy in a raffle it would already have a dick in it.
NO KATDADDY!
jk :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2014, 11:21:39 PM »
All this talk about football... :excited: :ksu:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »
LBs could be a bit concerning. Truman will be unspectacular, but steady. After that, who knows? Can Mike Moore become an every down 'backer? Can Derricott or Riddle come in and pick up the schemes fast enough for one of them to start? Who else is going to step up - Will Davis? Dakorey Johnson?
There are a lot of questions about this team, due to all the untested players.  But do you remember three seasons ago?  Just before the season started, we thought we had a sure thing at RB with Brice Brown, Hubert and the QB/RB from Hutch JC.  We called them the three head monster; and look how that turned out.  All in all, this is what makes me so excited for the upcoming season. 

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2014, 11:49:52 PM »
man dlew, talk about breathing some life into this place  :excited:

ftr, i'm team warmack being a stud from day one. i also, and this is simply based off of watching his highlight tapes and being ridiculously optimistic, but i think riddle can be a terror off the edge in pass rush situations. call me crazy. also, how on earth did clinks pass like 30 hours in a semester!?!?  :ksu:

was it another mcc miracle?? emadub, can co??
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2014, 12:06:52 AM »
The news regarding Clink is off the charts good.  The only reason he wasn't recruited by every national program is because he was a qualifying long shot.  We took a risk, and it paid off.  He was much more important to this year than Derricott.  Even if Derricott is in good shape (I still think he was trolling with that picture), he was going to be behind Davis and Moore.  Davis is going to be stud.  Our D is going to be awesome for next two years.

The only position that worries me is left tackle.  Lucas didnt have the all-American season I thought he would last year, but he was still very good.  Apparently nobody (including Hayes) has stepped up in that position.  For the whole Waters-to-Lockett thing to work, we can't have our qb getting speared in the back.....like the last time we played Auburn.

Kinda nit picking here but it's looks like Clink was recruited by just about everybody, qualifying risk or not.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Terrell-Clinkscales-152642;_ylt=ArcA03QAeTmDhqvGyI0FKkjksJB4

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2014, 12:13:59 AM »
Excellent July football thread. Good stuff.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2014, 12:14:51 AM »

Kinda nit picking here but it's looks like Clink was recruited by just about everybody, qualifying risk or not.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Terrell-Clinkscales-152642;_ylt=ArcA03QAeTmDhqvGyI0FKkjksJB4
Here's the list:

School

Interest

Offer

Visit

Recruited by

Kansas St.
COMMITTED (12/01/2013) Offered 11/15/2013 Mo Latimore, Charlie Dickey

Alabama
Offered   

Arizona St
Offered   

Arkansas
Offered   

Auburn
Offered   

Cincinnati
Offered 

Colorado St.
Offered 

Georgia
Offered 

Illinois
Offered 

Indiana
Offered   

Iowa St.
Offered 10/03/2013 

Kentucky
Offered   

Miami (FL)
Offered 

Mississippi St.
Offered 

Nebraska
Offered 11/28/2013 Rick Kaczenski

Ohio St.
Offered   

Oregon
Offered 

Penn St.
Offered 

South Alabama
Offered 

Southern Miss
Offered   

Temple
Offered   

Texas Tech
Offered 

Utah St.
Offered 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2014, 12:33:20 AM »
So after scouring the internet over the last few weeks, it seems that the take on the 2013 Cats is that while we have an electrifying offense with Tyler Lockett and "the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league" (which is another odd point entirely), our defense will likely be our downfall this season.  Just yesterday, I was reading some top 25 where they compared teams to Star Wars stuff, and we were The Death Star, because we had a great offense but no defense.

Looking for love in Alderaan places...  :whistle1:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2014, 07:23:12 AM »
i will go on record as saying we will have a better defense this year than last and it will be the best in the big 12. mark it down close the case take a note i dont care. our secondary is going to be ridiculously good this year

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2014, 08:19:15 AM »
With Clinks qualifying, our DL and pass rush is the least of my worries.  I'm pretty excited about this defense. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2014, 08:36:16 AM »

i will go on record as saying we will have a better defense this year than last and it will be the best in the big 12. mark it down close the case take a note i dont care. our secondary is going to be ridiculously good this year

Interesting if true...

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2014, 08:38:05 AM »
yep, pretty great preseason thread here

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2014, 08:43:32 AM »

Interesting if true...
its july pete of course its true

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2014, 09:02:59 AM »
I'm a bit concerned about LB.When was the last time we brought in jucos at that position? ever? I can't remember a juco LB making an impact for us, am I wrong? I don't want to suck at LB

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2014, 09:19:59 AM »
good scoop, 'lew. i think our DEFcats are gonna be pretty good this year as well.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2014, 09:26:51 AM »
Great thread.  Would read again.

However, I almost stopped before reading the entire original post because it says "2013 Cats" instead of 2014...  Glad I read it all though, it really helps me understand who has a clue about football, our team & our competition and who doesn't.

Carry on.

bears are fast...

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2014, 09:29:25 AM »
Completely forgot about Riddle. What a signing day surprise that was.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2014, 09:55:36 AM »
Whitehair is moving to tackle, yes?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »
Guys did you see where I said I was concerned about WR depth? Seems like something we should blog about. Am I way off on this guys?

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2014, 10:08:57 AM »
You know what would have been awesome?

Waters to Harper.
I was just thinking about that last night.

:love:

I think we are going to be good this year, and REALLY good next year.

CF3:
I think our WR depth is pretty good. Dre is going to do work IMO
:dance:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »
Guys did you see where I said I was concerned about WR depth? Seems like something we should blog about. Am I way off on this guys?
not way off at all most concerning position other than rb. Hopefully sexton stays healthy and Klein contributes

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2014, 10:20:11 AM »

it will definitely be interesting to see how WR shakes out during fall camp and even over the course of the season.

we know what we have in lockett. no discussion necessary.
most likely candidate for a no. 2 is sexton, but he (or whoever actually does emerge as our no. 2) is going to really need to do at least what tramaine did last year in order for our passing game to be effective.
I really like what I saw from burton in the spring game and I think he'll be a starter, though it could be a dogfight with davis for that last spot.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »
I'm a bit concerned about LB.When was the last time we brought in jucos at that position? ever? I can't remember a juco LB making an impact for us, am I wrong? I don't want to suck at LB

not sure if serious.