Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #2526 on: September 20, 2018, 01:08:15 PM »
Make the recruiter promise to give you 40% of any commission
Not how it works when you recruit for the company itself and not an outside staffing agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I try to educate just a lil bit here? Let’s say there’s 30 firms of your caliber and 2 main swinging dicks like yourself at each office. One of them desides they could prosper on their own on greater gains and leave the company. Well, we need to replace that badass with another badass within company terms. That’s what they regulate as a replacement, a new ‘stone. There’s not a lot of stones out there and you’ve contacted maybe every ‘stone qualification, but your company still says no because they’re unsure and he’s only 25. Does this make sense?

I mean, that doesn't make sense but I know very well what search firms do.  Spencer Reed is my go to
Got it that it doesn’t make sense and that you guys don’t pay internal recruiters to fit your firm. Turnover makes sense.
Quite a few firms use outside recruiters.  Maybe not the goliaths, but definitely firms that paid at or above market -- at least that was the case in Chicago.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: September 20, 2018, 01:13:32 PM »
Interesting. I just figure it would be cheaper to have internal recruiters. Makes sense, I just know how much some of those agencies cost. It's cut throat. I also worry about the quality of the candidate, since they're strictly working based off commission.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 20, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »
Interesting. I just figure it would be cheaper to have internal recruiters. Makes sense, I just know how much some of those agencies cost. It's cut throat. I also worry about the quality of the candidate, since they're strictly working based off commission.

You don't think they care about repeat business?

The costs may seem high at first blush, but not compared to how much big firms already spend recruiting and developing talent. In fact, at least in the legal field, it's wayyy cheaper than recruiting law students in-house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 20, 2018, 01:19:06 PM »
Fair. I just figure internally they'd know the product better and exactly what the company is looking for.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: September 20, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »
Sucks that your company loves to blow money.  :frown:

You get what you pay for.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 20, 2018, 01:45:36 PM »
Fair. I just figure internally they'd know the product better and exactly what the company is looking for.

It is very possible and even common to use both mechanisms on a case by case basis.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 20, 2018, 01:46:41 PM »

let me tell you an irl true story about internal recruiters: they rough ridin' suck and are lazy and I basically have to do their jobs for them.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: September 20, 2018, 01:47:40 PM »
Yea all the good ones go to independent search firms or start their own.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: September 20, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »
Who's hiring those internal recruiters? Maybe they suck? :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: September 20, 2018, 01:48:17 PM »

let me tell you an irl true story about internal recruiters: they rough ridin' suck and are lazy and I basically have to do their jobs for them.

:thumbsup:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: September 20, 2018, 01:52:04 PM »
Well obviously case closed then

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: September 20, 2018, 05:10:03 PM »
Make the recruiter promise to give you 40% of any commission
Not how it works when you recruit for the company itself and not an outside staffing agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I try to educate just a lil bit here? desides

:lol:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2538 on: September 20, 2018, 06:22:10 PM »
So my Canadian friend really likes what he does and makes good money while living in MHK(LRWTP!). He could start making 6 figures if he moved to KC for a new job. However he really likes MHK and has good friends here. However he also really likes KC and has some good friends there too.

His current job gives him a lot of flexibility and is involved with many different disciplines. This new job would be a lot more specialized and while he likes what that specialization is, the other specialization that he does a lot of at the current job wouldn’t be something he would do at the new job and it’s his favorite by far.

Pros? Cons? Thoughts?
If you'd be happy in KC, I'd take that job and stack cash in retirement. Keep living on the old wage. I'm a big fan of earlier retirement.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: September 20, 2018, 07:14:05 PM »
So my Canadian friend really likes what he does and makes good money while living in MHK(LRWTP!). He could start making 6 figures if he moved to KC for a new job. However he really likes MHK and has good friends here. However he also really likes KC and has some good friends there too.

His current job gives him a lot of flexibility and is involved with many different disciplines. This new job would be a lot more specialized and while he likes what that specialization is, the other specialization that he does a lot of at the current job wouldn’t be something he would do at the new job and it’s his favorite by far.

Pros? Cons? Thoughts?
If you'd be happy in KC, I'd take that job and stack cash in retirement. Keep living on the old wage. I'm a big fan of earlier retirement.

I lived in KC for a few years and loved it. I may explore a little further. If I could find the specialization I really enjoy doing at work I would take it immediately.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: September 20, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »
take what money you can, the opportunity won’t always be there but mhk will (assuming nbaf doesn’t end it)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: September 20, 2018, 10:51:12 PM »
just commute, dctrain

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2543 on: September 21, 2018, 11:56:24 AM »
Somebody needs to tag our video production guys.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: September 21, 2018, 04:11:13 PM »
They are hiring pizza chefs, not pizza taste testers. What a stupid article.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: September 21, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
take what money you can, the opportunity won’t always be there but mhk will (assuming nbaf doesn’t end it)

That’s the thing tho, I will continue to start getting more and more of these opportunities, not less. So when I do pull the trigger it’s for something I really want.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: September 21, 2018, 06:04:46 PM »
just commute, dctrain

Maybe telecommute

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2547 on: September 21, 2018, 07:52:16 PM »
Cybercommute

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: September 21, 2018, 08:34:18 PM »
I work remote. I fly into the Chicago office about once a month for meetings. I fly around a bit for other crap. I don't think I can go back to every day in the office and don't think I'll ever hire anyone that requires that atmosphere. even though we have a large omaha office. not just because our business unit gets billed for their space but because I don't want to have to drag my gym shorts wearing ass into the office and glad hand a bunch of nerds just to spend time with the person. I currently meet people at a local craft beer bar with good wifi for meetings and crap. it's incred.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2549 on: September 21, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
I do the same but driving everywhere. Absolutely love it. I have an office with a name on the door. It's rarely occupied.