Author Topic: Dallas  (Read 47543 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #550 on: July 15, 2016, 09:11:11 AM »
Lib, you should spend less time being a kiss ass. It might take you places.

Wacky i made a thread for this post to go in

The Big Train

« Reply #551 on: July 15, 2016, 09:12:40 AM »
I don't feel like you are happy here arguing with people all the time either

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 15, 2016, 09:17:48 AM »
It passes time. Ppl have teamed up against me from day 1 on here. It will never change. I find it fun. I guess I get to play villain. It's fun until it gets personal. When you poke the bear enough, he's going to come after you eventually. I've been nothing but nice to everyone on this board IRL, but for some reason, ppl have to go to calling you names on here, when you disagree with their opinions. Sad.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 15, 2016, 09:18:10 AM »
i almost let an interesting nugget slide by.  emo, do you consider yourself to be spanish?

No not at all. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2016, 09:19:45 AM »
Wacky, you're the only one calling people names

The Big Train

« Reply #555 on: July 15, 2016, 09:21:17 AM »
It passes time. Ppl have teamed up against me from day 1 on here. It will never change. I find it fun. I guess I get to play villain. It's fun until it gets personal. When you poke the bear enough, he's going to come after you eventually. I've been nothing but nice to everyone on this board IRL, but for some reason, ppl have to go to calling you names on here, when you disagree with their opinions. Sad.

Wacky man I like you and I think you are a good guy, but you do the exact same thing to people on here and especially on Twitter.  My point is how does it benefit you individually engaging continuously when you know they are doing it on purpose?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 15, 2016, 09:22:24 AM »
Wacky, you're the only one calling people names
You're so blind. MIR called me rough ridin' stupid. Lib keeps implying I have Racist undertones. etc. Open your eyes. You continue to jump into the conversation, defending others, when i'm not even speaking to you. Just another day on gE.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 15, 2016, 09:23:38 AM »

Wacky man I like you and I think you are a good guy, but you do the exact same thing to people on here and especially on Twitter.  My point is how does it benefit you individually engaging continuously when you know they are doing it on purpose?
I'm not going to walk away from someone calling me rough ridin' stupid. Sorry. Not gonna happen.

The Big Train

« Reply #558 on: July 15, 2016, 09:26:51 AM »
Well alright then

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 15, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »
I'll stop clogging up this thread, but I think we're all prideful ppl, who want the last word. That's how these meltdowns happen. See dax and lib convos. It's #science.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 15, 2016, 09:32:02 AM »
safe to say that we've all suffered while reading this thread.. #alleyesmatter

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 15, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »

I think you might actually be connected to the young lady in question. But it also may have been that guy that I thought was you but wasn't
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 15, 2016, 09:40:52 AM »
his point was that america didn't exist 400 years ago, liblib.

Does that mean that the areas that eventually became America had no bearing on culture? Again, irrelevant to the discussion

maybe i don't understand what the discussion is about (or 11 different people are having eight different discussions).

in my opinion, the central discussion of the day is dancing around the idea of reparations, or some other remedy or corrective for the impact of slavery/institutional racism. mir stated in responses to various posters that he doesn't think descendants of people that developed/supported or upheld those institutions are personally responsible for any remedy and also that he doesn't think "white people" as a group are responsible.  i agree with both of those statements.

that pretty much only leaves political entities as possible responsible parties it is nonsensical to hold a political entity responsible for actions that occurred when it didn't exist, hence any discussion of federal responsibility for institutions that perpetuated institutional racism prior to the existence of the us is irrelevant.  if you want to discuss the potential responsibility of england or of virginia, it might be an interesting discussion.

That's not entirely true.  Someone did ask who is responsible for fixing this, and he did pose the question something like "are the victims the one's responsible for the fix?"  So if I Venn diagram this stuff out, MIR is either saying that white people today are responsible for the fix, or he's inferring that he believes something he doesn't actually believe.

I just wish he would actually say what he thinks should happen.  Then his ideas could be confronted and considered for merit. 

But, he won't do that, I'm not entirely sure why and I could speculate but nah that's not productive either.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 15, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »

I think you might actually be connected to the young lady in question. But it also may have been that guy that I thought was you but wasn't
Did I miss something in this thread? I probably skipped quite a few pages

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 15, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »

Did I miss something in this thread? I probably skipped quite a few pages

Maybe, it's not important   :)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 15, 2016, 10:19:37 AM »

Does that mean that the areas that eventually became America had no bearing on culture? Again, irrelevant to the discussion

maybe i don't understand what the discussion is about (or 11 different people are having eight different discussions).

in my opinion, the central discussion of the day is dancing around the idea of reparations, or some other remedy or corrective for the impact of slavery/institutional racism. mir stated in responses to various posters that he doesn't think descendants of people that developed/supported or upheld those institutions are personally responsible for any remedy and also that he doesn't think "white people" as a group are responsible.  i agree with both of those statements.

that pretty much only leaves political entities as possible responsible parties it is nonsensical to hold a political entity responsible for actions that occurred when it didn't exist, hence any discussion of federal responsibility for institutions that perpetuated institutional racism prior to the existence of the us is irrelevant.  if you want to discuss the potential responsibility of england or of virginia, it might be an interesting discussion.

That's not entirely true.  Someone did ask who is responsible for fixing this, and he did pose the question something like "are the victims the one's responsible for the fix?"  So if I Venn diagram this stuff out, MIR is either saying that white people today are responsible for the fix, or he's inferring that he believes something he doesn't actually believe.

I just wish he would actually say what he thinks should happen.  Then his ideas could be confronted and considered for merit. 

But, he won't do that, I'm not entirely sure why and I could speculate but nah that's not productive either.

instead of having one group responsible for fixing strained race relations in this country, maybe...just maybe...black people and white people should work together to do it. the difficult thing is that it must start with the individual, and has to spread to the institutional level from there. you can't initiate the fix at the institutional level because then people start feeling like they've been left out of the conversation and start to resent being put in that position. Bun B (of UGK fame) has a great comment about this in the following video (which is also supremely fascinating):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Dh-GKWW5g[/youtube]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 15, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »

What the eff dude, do you want me to make something up? I've said twice that I don't know what the answer is. I never said or inferred that it's a simple solution. What I do know is doing nothing and not acknowledging that there have been institutional ills, which is exactly why we're having this conversation, the dissenting opinion being since slavery everything has been peachy, is unacceptable and far from a solution.

And yes when we're talking about how to fix racial issues in this country white people need to fix it. The power structure is responsible for this and the power structure has to buy in for the solution is to work; that power structure clearly lies with the majority.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 15, 2016, 10:28:48 AM »

instead of having one group responsible for fixing strained race relations in this country, maybe...just maybe...black people and white people should work together to do it. the difficult thing is that it must start with the individual, and has to spread to the institutional level from there. you can't initiate the fix at the institutional level because then people start feeling like they've been left out of the conversation and start to resent being put in that position. Bun B (of UGK fame) has a great comment about this in the following video (which is also supremely fascinating):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Dh-GKWW5g[/youtube]

Working together is all as well and good but ultimately if white people don't want it to happen, it won't. If we got reparations instead of Jim Crow a hundred years ago, we would be less likely to be where we are right now.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 15, 2016, 10:44:56 AM »
hence why i said it's tricky.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 15, 2016, 10:55:30 AM »

What the eff dude, do you want me to make something up? I've said twice that I don't know what the answer is. I never said or inferred that it's a simple solution. What I do know is doing nothing and not acknowledging that there have been institutional ills, which is exactly why we're having this conversation, the dissenting opinion being since slavery everything has been peachy, is unacceptable and far from a solution.

And yes when we're talking about how to fix racial issues in this country white people need to fix it. The power structure is responsible for this and the power structure has to buy in for the solution is to work; that power structure clearly lies with the majority.

I'm okay with brainstorming. 

"We" are NOT "doing nothing."  There has been plenty of legislation passed and enacted, among other things.  You know that and ignore it.

There have been institutional ills, if people are denying that than I have missed it.  Those ills led to the above referenced legislations.  And those ills are not specific to or exclusive to blacks. 

I personally believe the best thing we "white people" can do is to raise our children to respect and treat everyone else fairly.  I also believe that making public policy more fair or slanted or whatever to favor any race over another is wrong, against the idea of the this country, and probably illegal anyway.  I'll make a promise to you, some dude I've never met, that I will hold my children to a high standard in that regard.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: July 15, 2016, 11:37:42 AM »
Obviously, not everyone feels this way.

I don't think you know what "across the board" means.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 15, 2016, 11:50:18 AM »
I believe I said I feel like it's that way pretty much across the board and ended with that quote, so like, yeah.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 15, 2016, 03:03:43 PM »

I'm okay with brainstorming. 

"We" are NOT "doing nothing."  There has been plenty of legislation passed and enacted, among other things.  You know that and ignore it.

There have been institutional ills, if people are denying that than I have missed it.  Those ills led to the above referenced legislations.  And those ills are not specific to or exclusive to blacks. 

I personally believe the best thing we "white people" can do is to raise our children to respect and treat everyone else fairly.  I also believe that making public policy more fair or slanted or whatever to favor any race over another is wrong, against the idea of the this country, and probably illegal anyway.  I'll make a promise to you, some dude I've never met, that I will hold my children to a high standard in that regard.

They kinda are though. Just discussing post Jim Crow; blacks were shoved into the same neighborhoods, then we're not offered the same municipal services and had schools in those neighborhoods underfunded. The only solution to this particular ill has been to work harder, yet it, much much more than slavery, is the biggest reason for the issues that black communities face.

This led me to my first set of solutions. Municipal services and infrastructure within metropolitan areas need to be upgraded. We need to spend more money on education and higher education needs to be even more accessible and affordable.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 15, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile