Author Topic: Dallas  (Read 47041 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #400 on: July 13, 2016, 12:42:02 AM »
I suppose I can appreciate white people's apprehension of the police due to deep-rooted fear of cops giving whites tickets instead of warnings b/c they know the white people will pay double to keep their insurance premiums from going up.

Damn straight. It's something we white peoples live with every day. But you don't see us rioting over it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2016, 07:46:25 AM »
Let's all cow tow to the irrational thought processes of the ignorant. We're trying to advance society here

It's kowtow, dummy.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2016, 07:48:27 AM »
GWB had a way better speech in Dallas than b.o.

Pretty unbiased opinion, I'm sure.  I thought all the speeches were great.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »
I like how Clinton, Obama, and both Bush's are like best buds. Makes me irl happy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2016, 08:58:56 AM »
I like how Clinton, Obama, and both Bush's are like best buds. Makes me irl happy.
Me too!  :cheers:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 13, 2016, 08:59:43 AM »

What a club to be in
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2016, 09:13:37 AM »
i meant more than the literal words.

for example, the white kid who was murdered in fresno.  some friends of his started using a hashtag (or maybe it was facebook, not sure) whitelivesmatter to promote memorials and protests and whatnot.  they got some pushback that the phrase was racist or insensitive or whatever.  which, i suppose it's possible that some of his friends are.  however, is it not more likely that they were frustrated that the murder of their friend wasn't getting the attention that they felt it deserved, and chose a phrase they felt appropriate to that sentiment?

in context of this case, for example, i'd argue that those who were criticizing the friends of the murdered person were insensitive and had failed to understand context, rather than the reverse.

both sides can be insensitive/tone deaf.

I wonder if friends of the Fresno kid reached out to BLM folks? Could have been beneficial to both groups. <-this is something critics could have suggested that could have been less insensitive.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 13, 2016, 08:31:39 PM »
What if all lives matter isn't a monolith and includes people who use the phrase to say there is racism and inequality and the collective we need to strive to towards removing them and being more inclusive as a society.

This is exactly why black lives matter is important. I don't understand how in this country it's so hard to acknowledge that black people have had it ultra shitty throughout the history of this country? How in the eff can you guys fix anything if you refuse to acknowledge what has happened to black people in this country?

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 13, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
I'd have been comfortable up until the point the officer asked me to step outside the vehicle.

This is what I don't understand.  I have never been asked to step out of my vehicle for a moving violation but black people are asked to get out and be handcuffed for the entire interaction with the officer because "It's for everyone's safety."  I'd be a mad [redacted] too.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 13, 2016, 08:50:14 PM »
What if all lives matter isn't a monolith and includes people who use the phrase to say there is racism and inequality and the collective we need to strive to towards removing them and being more inclusive as a society.

This is exactly why black lives matter is important. I don't understand how in this country it's so hard to acknowledge that black people have had it ultra shitty throughout the history of this country? How in the eff can you guys fix anything if you refuse to acknowledge what has happened to black people in this country?

What do you suggest be done about it now, and what will be the lasting benefit of doing it?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 13, 2016, 09:34:23 PM »

generally the argument is "everyone is treated equally, black people are just too stupid to realize it"

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 13, 2016, 09:40:55 PM »

Many people don't want their own "accomplishments" to be discounted.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #413 on: July 13, 2016, 09:53:14 PM »
Nobody likes whiners. Particularly when the whiners are given all sorts of head starts and special treatments, and continue to bitch about stuff that already happened and can't be changed and that nobody alive was responsible for anyways.

Non-delusional non-sociopaths realize all individuals start in different places and life isn't fair.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 13, 2016, 10:07:12 PM »
Nobody likes whiners. Particularly when the whiners are given all sorts of head starts and special treatments, and continue to bitch about stuff that already happened and can't be changed and that nobody alive was responsible for anyways.

Non-delusional non-sociopaths realize all individuals start in different places and life isn't fair.

Probably what King George was thinking when all those goddamn colonists started bitching about those "unfair" taxes they were paying.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 13, 2016, 10:13:11 PM »
The chinese, Irish, Italians and poles were all crap on. No race has ever received a welcoming committee, and all were generally despised. It is what it is.

Thank God those puritans decided to Brexit king George's feudal system 240 years ago, or we'd all be mired as serfs like the losers in Europe are today.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 13, 2016, 10:26:03 PM »

The chinese, Irish, Italians and poles were all crap on. No race has ever received a welcoming committee, and all were generally despised. It is what it is.

I think fsd just acknowledged racism against blacks! :surprised:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 13, 2016, 10:32:19 PM »

Thank God those puritans decided to Brexit king George's feudal system 240 years ago, or we'd all be mired as serfs like the losers in Europe are today.

You really don't get it, do you? The police were generally the front line of terror and intimidation during Jim Crow. Is it any wonder that black Americans distrust the police? Is it too far-fetched to think that when blacks see other blacks profiled, mistreated, abused and killed by police, it brings up the spectre of a time when they were barely viewed as people, let alone citizens?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 13, 2016, 10:43:05 PM »
Spectre is right

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 13, 2016, 10:49:39 PM »
Spectre is right

no, you're right - the past has no bearing on the present whatsoever.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2016, 10:53:39 PM »
It's all relative, isn't it?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »

ask a black person if it's all relative to them. you're not black. MIR has been trying to tell you about his experiences as a black man, but just because his truth doesn't mesh with your truth doesn't mean you should dismiss his experiences. there's more than one America.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 13, 2016, 11:20:11 PM »

ask a black person if it's all relative to them. you're not black. MIR has been trying to tell you about his experiences as a black man, but just because his truth doesn't mesh with your truth doesn't mean you should dismiss his experiences. there's more than one America.

There is only one America, and it's full of stupid shitty people that do stupid shitty stuff to each other. It's still the best place to be. Feigning sympathy and outrage over all this trivial crap just makes you another shitty self interested person.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 14, 2016, 01:17:57 AM »

There is only one America, and it's full of stupid shitty people that do stupid shitty stuff to each other. It's still the best place to be. Feigning sympathy and outrage over all this trivial crap just makes you another shitty self interested person.

No one wants your sympathy, no one has asked for your sympathy, sympathy is for the weak. This sympathy angle is just another in a long line of strawmen. There may literally be three people on this blog who aren't 100% sure you don't like the coloreds, stop acting like you care, no one is convinced.